Gate City At Leb.....

bigbluetrain

Yeah it is my problem? Dude I could care less if they cheered on the press box or in the end zone, but where them girls were standing that night it could have been real dangerous... I'm not the one bitching about it, so no it's not my problem, I'm not part of TCSB and neither at faculty member at THS, so you can take your trash else where!

I am just saying there has never been an issue with them being on the field. Yes I guess it could have been dangerous but I just think this is a major overreaction to cheerleaders cheering inside the fence on the sidelines. Like I said maybe we should take the coaches off the field too since they dont have pads on either

I can only remember one other time seeing cheerleaders cheer on the track. It was in the early 90s and the school was Abingdon. I was in high school then and was very nice to them. I flirted with them every time i walked by them.:D Since then Tazewell was the only other school I have seen do that. Like Broady said there have been no problems for about 70+ years with the cheerleaders on the field. Why Tazewell has to be the oddballs I dont know and dont care. Wont miss Tazewell at all being on our Schedule and hope they are replaced but Richlands I would miss. If anyone has any problems at Legion again I know very well our Sheriff would take care of it without any bias for he is an old Castlewood graduate anyways.

I don't think it's safe for the cheerleaders to be on the field either...just because nothing has happened so far doesn't mean it's safe...just doesn't look like a good idea to me, not enough room there...I saw at least a couple of plays that were down on the 20 or 30 yard line at the far end of the field where i was that carried over almost to the fence....if the cheerleaders happend to be in that area at the time someone could have gotten hurt...just not a good idea to have 80 or 100 pound girls standing on each others shoulders and all that with no protection at all from a game going full speed less than 10 yards away? I don't understand why you guys don't see the potential problem with this situation.

I don't think it's safe for the cheerleaders to be on the field either...just because nothing has happened so far doesn't mean it's safe...just doesn't look like a good idea to me, not enough room there...I saw at least a couple of plays that were down on the 20 or 30 yard line at the far end of the field where i was that carried over almost to the fence....if the cheerleaders happend to be in that area at the time someone could have gotten hurt...just not a good idea to have 80 or 100 pound girls standing on each others shoulders and all that with no protection at all from a game going full speed less than 10 yards away? I don't understand why you guys don't see the potential problem with this situation.

Its not only at Gate City either. Dont know how they do it in the SWD but the cheerleaders are on the sidelines at all the schools I have seen GC play the last few years. I always thought it was part of football.

Its not only at Gate City either. Dont know how they do it in the SWD but the cheerleaders are on the sidelines at all the schools I have seen GC play the last few years. I always thought it was part of football.

That also includes Tazewell, GC girl where Tazewell field last year. Lance you have no clue what are talking about with anything period.

This amazes me. First let me say I wasn't there and don't really know what happened. BUT...you guys are trying to put the blame on the cheerleaders or whoever. You say Well, they should have been on the field. No matter where they were standing it doesnt excuse any action by opposing fans. That is just plain stupid.

If a drunk driver loses control and hits an innocent person and injures or kills them would you say, "Well, its that person fault, if they were standing right there and not where they were, then they wouldn't have been hit." Of course you wouldn't.

This amazes me. First let me say I wasn't there and don't really know what happened. BUT...you guys are trying to put the blame on the cheerleaders or whoever. You say Well, they should have been on the field. No matter where they were standing it doesnt excuse any action by opposing fans. That is just plain stupid.

If a drunk driver loses control and hits an innocent person and injures or kills them would you say, "Well, its that person fault, if they were standing right there and not where they were, then they wouldn't have been hit." Of course you wouldn't.

Obviously you haven't even read the posts because everyone on here has said that the actions of those few fans were unaccpetable. NO ONE has blamed anything on the cheerleaders, just read the posts it is not that difficult. All we are saying is that they should have been on the field and not on the track but in no way has anyone excused the actions of those particular fans.

I think you need to read the post. The last 15 or so posts have all been about where cheerleaders stand. I haven't seen 1 person dispute that GC fans done anything so there must be no doubt about it. And only about 2 posts saying what was done was wrong. The only thing I see is people saying the cheerleaders should have been inside the fence anyway.

You were one of the ones who said that it was wrong and I commend you on that. But to say that cheerleaders can't stand on the track and expect to be treated with respect is just silly. Show me a rule that says cheerleaders can't stand on a track, then I will respectfully admit I was wrong.

You were one of the ones who said that it was wrong and I commend you on that. But to say that cheerleaders can't stand on the track and expect to be treated with respect is just silly. Show me a rule that says cheerleaders can't stand on a track, then I will respectfully admit I was wrong.

I know right, our cheerleaders stand on the track at home games!

I think you need to read the post. The last 15 or so posts have all been about where cheerleaders stand. I haven't seen 1 person dispute that GC fans done anything so there must be no doubt about it. And only about 2 posts saying what was done was wrong. The only thing I see is people saying the cheerleaders should have been inside the fence anyway.

I dont know what happened but the debate of where the cheerleaders should stand has been going on not only in this thread but others as well. Scott County has a great Sheriff and would help in any way. If anyone has a problem at the school feel free to find him. His name is John Puckett and can easily be found. If anyone nedds to inform him of the actions of the few a holes call and ask for him. The number at his office is 276-386-9111. I dont like the actions of those select few and plan on getting that area watched more closely at upcomming games.

its a shame that in order for the opposing team's cheerleaders to cheer they have to get police to stand around them. Its absolutely rude. i was at that game and have to say if i was from GC i would be embarassed by my fans. The reason they don't cheer on the field is because unlike the coaches and players they have their backs turned to them and honestly don't see if the ball is coming toward them or not. GC fans shouldn't be walking on the opposing team's side any way. We don't do it to them they shouldn't do it to us. THEY ARE THE RUDIEST PEOPLE I'VE EVER SEEN.