falcons vs blues

southbound

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands looked pretty good tonight. Abingdon had pretty good size and a very good quarterback. If he had some receivers he would be something else. In the end though after watching just a couple games in the SWD Mance just knows how to bring a team around.

anybody got any hot sauce?2 for 50 cents..falcon wings..all you can eat

we would be undefeated too if we had your schedule. how many more hogoheegee teams do you play? we just got off to such a horrible start tonight and can't seem to get the plays in on time. very frustrating night! hess did have some nice runs, hopefully we will regroup and get tazewell next week. i heard they got spanked tonight too.

we would be undefeated too if we had your schedule. how many more hogoheegee teams do you play? we just got off to such a horrible start tonight and can't seem to get the plays in on time. very frustrating night! hess did have some nice runs, hopefully we will regroup and get tazewell next week. i heard they got spanked tonight too.

Abingdon would be undefeated too, IF they could play. I think Marion plays the same number of A schools as Abingdon, and the rest of the SWD. The AA schools in southwest virginia is in the SWD. The famous AHS streak started last week, continued tonight, and will probally keep going next week, and that is "Falcon Awesome"! LOL

I'm sick of the Falcon Awesome stuff as well...it's just lame.

Once again Abingdon folks...get yourself one Craig Plymal from Grundy and you shall have a winning team...I don't know why this has not already happened...Plymal is a natural fit and his style of offense would actually work at a school like Abingdon.

51-7 at halftime. Thats what I call Falcon Meat. I change my mind about Abingdon they will not be in the top 3 in district. I put them in the bottom 2. Richlands just blew by them like they were playing a 8th grade team. If the starters played the whole game I could easily seen 80-14. Abingdon will not beat Tazewell next week either. The offense looked great last night and if you keep getting better the sky is the limit. Richlands 10 grade RB Devon Johnson just ran over the Falcon defense

My hats off to the talent players that richlands has and the coaching staff. there is no two ways about it Abingdon got whipped and then some last night. The biggest thing I seen was that Abingdon got OUT COACHED. Yes Richlands has some really good players on both sides of the ball even speacial teams. Abingdon players were not prepared for ANYTHING Richlands had. You cant show up week n and week out and run the same plays on offense and the same Defense and not expect to get whipped sooner or later. Until the coaching staff starts to figure that out then it WILL be a VERY long season for them. I hate to say it......... There is talent at Abingdon not as much as Richlands has or other teams in SWVA. Anyone that was at this game I think would admit that they got OUT COACHED... Abingdons Defense needs to be revamped a 3-4 doesnt work play after play.............The offense needs to learn that short passes work better then long ones....

Agian my hats off to Richlands players and COACHING staff for there performance last night and would like to wish them the best the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to figure out why the Richlands fans are having a field day with this win...I mean, all you do is talk about how good Richlands football is every day so, in that case, did u really expect it to be close? Act like you've won a football game before

I'm trying to figure out why the Richlands fans are having a field day with this win...I mean, all you do is talk about how good Richlands football is every day so, in that case, did u really expect it to be close? Act like you've won a football game before

I'm trying to figure why your worried about it ! We might be talking a little smack ( and it's been very little ) after the game because a couple of Abingdon fans talked before the game. I think we are allowed to have a little fun after a district win, and I don't think it has gotten out of hand.

Just be happy that Honaker won a game last night .

Edited by Bigrhsfan

My hats off to the talent players that richlands has and the coaching staff. there is no two ways about it Abingdon got whipped and then some last night. The biggest thing I seen was that Abingdon got OUT COACHED. Yes Richlands has some really good players on both sides of the ball even speacial teams. Abingdon players were not prepared for ANYTHING Richlands had. You cant show up week n and week out and run the same plays on offense and the same Defense and not expect to get whipped sooner or later. Until the coaching staff starts to figure that out then it WILL be a VERY long season for them. I hate to say it......... There is talent at Abingdon not as much as Richlands has or other teams in SWVA. Anyone that was at this game I think would admit that they got OUT COACHED... Abingdons Defense needs to be revamped a 3-4 doesnt work play after play.............The offense needs to learn that short passes work better then long ones....

Agian my hats off to Richlands players and COACHING staff for there performance last night and would like to wish them the best the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the post.

Every win in the district is a big win. I think your right about coaching. Talent is important in high school football, but good coaching can really make a difference. I don't know anything about your coach so I will refrain from making any comments about him. That's for your fans to do. But I will sing the praises of Mance and staff !

He has done a great job at Richlands building a program here. We know that no matter what might happen in the first 1 or 2 games of every year, he will get them better and be ready for the playoffs.

This year Richlands has a lot of talent, but as it has been stated many times, they're young. Mance has brought them along slowly, I think they will be a different team by playoff time than what they were in the first couple of games. They're young so they may stump their toe again, but he has them heading in the right direction.

Good luck to you guys also.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Because this is the first time that Richlands has brought the whole package together this year. Had they played like this earlier there would have been even more bellyacheing by others about the blues.

Also I would like to commend the Falcon Band for bringing back Classical music to the Ernie Hicks Stadium. (Led Zepplin). THAT was Really Falcon Awesome.

Mr. Miller could take a few pointers from your band director, Ain't nobody wants to hear Beetoven (sp) at a Football Game, Bring on some Thunderstruck by AC/DC or Stairway to heaven Lets go Band the challenge has been placed before you on your own field now what are you going to do about it?????????????????

I'm sick of the Falcon Awesome stuff as well...it's just lame.

Once again Abingdon folks...get yourself one Craig Plymal from Grundy and you shall have a winning team...I don't know why this has not already happened...Plymal is a natural fit and his style of offense would actually work at a school like Abingdon.

lmao...sounds to me like lance and the wave are trying to pawn plymal off on another swd team...lol jk

And again, as most of us have been saying all week, no matter how much smack the fans talk, the team has to be able to back it up on the field, and this season, Abingdon is not going to do it.... sorry guys. You have a good team, you DONT have a great team. it's high school football, we all have bad seasons....look at my owls... last season in history and we suck.

I've been reading that Richlands is very young and still needs alot of work! That is common knowledge in southwest virginia. Everyone knows its a down year for the SWD. I expected it to be a closer game, but a win for richlands. I think we are entitled to gloat a little after hearing some of the AHS fans on here talking their talk this week.

I've been reading that Richlands is very young and still needs alot of work! That is common knowledge in southwest virginia. Everyone knows its a down year for the SWD. I expected it to be a closer game, but a win for richlands. I think we are entitled to gloat a little after hearing some of the AHS fans on here talking their talk this week.

i hope you guys enjoyed last night. we just didn't show up last night-i think the field was slick it seemed like the falcons were slipping a lot. we just have to get ready for friday we need a win against tazewell. both teams are coming off wood shed beatings. just hope the falcons can get one this week.

i hope you guys enjoyed last night. we just didn't show up last night-i think the field was slick it seemed like the falcons were slipping a lot. we just have to get ready for friday we need a win against tazewell. both teams are coming off wood shed beatings. just hope the falcons can get one this week.

Thats funny blame it on the filed. From where I was sitting the blues were laying the smack

down on Abingdon.

It was enjoyable! AHS players didn't have their heads in the game. The field was slippery. If the field was slippery for abingdon, it was slippery for richlands to, don't you think? I read post from other Abingdon fans earlier who said they were out played and out coached. I guess some are just in denial. Anymore excuses?

It was enjoyable! AHS players didn't have their heads in the game. The field was slippery. If the field was slippery for abingdon, it was slippery for richlands to, don't you think? I read post from other Abingdon fans earlier who said they were out played and out coached. I guess some are just in denial. Anymore excuses?

no it's only slippery on the Abingdon side, ya'll have "special cleats" lol.

Nah, just for this game. Thought it might slow our own players down to even things out a little. Didn't work...

I like it when teams that have not played at Grundy before roll in at the end of the year and think we water down the field....it's like...well, no it's really just that bad naturally...can't take credit for it. If you've ever played there in November you know what I mean.

I like it when teams that have not played at Grundy before roll in at the end of the year and think we water down the field....it's like...well, no it's really just that bad naturally...can't take credit for it. If you've ever played there in November you know what I mean.

I overheard some guys at the E&H game talking about how Richlands "used to water the field down three days before every game".