falcons vs blues

southbound

Gate City beat Richlands by 10-7.

When Gate City's and Abingdon's first teams played in a Jamboree, the score was 28-0 Gate City. After only one quarter!

Connect the dots.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did i miss all this action..lets see i'm proud of my marion peeps..preacher,holston scored on your birds 2 times u scored once..then you left your 1st string in when holston 2nd string was in..and yes we can post in any thread..i think richlands has a better chance to win this one..28-14 richlands..after the game falcon wings are 2 for fifty cents..

I think Abingdon has a good team this year, but I don't think they are good enough to come into Ernie Hicks Stadium and beat Richlands.

Richlands is young but coming together and when they do start to click on offense......look out ! They've shown flashes of what they can do. They just need to put it together for a whole game.

The D is solid, but we do need to be a little better at stopping the run up the middle. That will come also.

I don't think Abingdon can run the ball against us, and that will make them 1 dimensional and if that happens........I like our chances.

Richlands 24 Abingdon 13

can a falcon fly through a storm? i think so! the blues have struggled against some common opponents gate city & powell valley. i think we lost 27-20 to gate city and 10-6 to powell valley. a win friday night would stop all this bashing of the falcons on here. i believe i smell an upset! 27-21 Falcons win!

LOL! Here it goes again! Abingdon lost 21 to 0 against Gate Citys starters in the first 6 minutes of the first quarter. GC put in their second string and made it 27 to 0. 3rd team played the whole 2nd and 3rd quarters allowing Abingdon to score all of their points.

I think Abingdon has a good team this year, but I don't think they are good enough to come into Ernie Hicks Stadium and beat Richlands.

Richlands is young but coming together and when they do start to click on offense......look out ! They've shown flashes of what they can do. They just need to put it together for a whole game.

The D is solid, but we do need to be a little better at stopping the run up the middle. That will come also.

I don't think Abingdon can run the ball against us, and that will make them 1 dimensional and if that happens........I like our chances.

Richlands 24 Abingdon 13

i think the falcons can run the ball tomorrow night. they ran the ball well against burton. i just hope we line up and run it up the middle-i've heard the game plan and i like it. can't wait until tomorrow night! no falcon wings in richlands-just a town that might sing the blues

i think the falcons can run the ball tomorrow night. they ran the ball well against burton. i just hope we line up and run it up the middle-i've heard the game plan and i like it. can't wait until tomorrow night! no falcon wings in richlands-just a town that might sing the blues

So far everyone has been able to run the ball up the middle on Richlands. Thats one of the things that they need to correct bad. I still like the BLUES in this one. This season has been bend but don't break defense. Richlands has giving up 24 pts in 3 games, not that bad especially if our offense can get cranking the way we no they can. 7 more pts against our defense when we played Honaker but I don't count that b/c it was against our 2 and 3rd string.

Edited by Nadoball

Guest nameuser
how did i miss all this action..lets see i'm proud of my marion peeps..preacher,holston scored on your birds 2 times u scored once..then you left your 1st string in when holston 2nd string was in..and yes we can post in any thread..i think richlands has a better chance to win this one..28-14 richlands..after the game falcon wings are 2 for fifty cents..

they must be giving out access to the internet these days out at the "funny farm" in Marion, its obvious you were in the looney bin the day of the scrimmage because you sure didn't see it - now, if you are giving Holston a "handicapp" due to their single a status, then Holston won the scrimmage, but the bottom line is Abingdon outscored holston and was subbing long before Holston, not that it really matters but the Canes just can't seem to keep their mind on more than one subject and that's the Falcons - but then again, no one's talking about Marion regarding any sport, good or bad - that ought to tell you something

You know, people keep talking about scrimmages and jamboree's like they are meaningful games. People are played in positions that they may not be normally. You see something in two weeks of practice, but in game situations the player does not work out there. The scrimmages do not mean a thing.

As for Gate City, they were a good football team... but let's put some things here that did not get stated. Abingdon wanted to warm up like a game, gate city was warming up on the baseball field. Abingdon started off tight and not warmed up.. so result was the first play a long touchdown.

Abingdon has the potential to play with any team here. THey lost to JIB because of play calling. 6 trips inside the 30 with no points. Can't win like that. Abingdon beat JIB everywhere except the scoreboard.

No, forget about the second week of practice ohhh I mean scrimmages and get on with game time. That was a month ago.

Now with Richlands... THey have a decent team. It is not equal to what they have had in the past and Abingdon has played with them. I believe the game will be decided late in the forth quarter.

they must be giving out access to the internet these days out at the "funny farm" in Marion, its obvious you were in the looney bin the day of the scrimmage because you sure didn't see it - now, if you are giving Holston a "handicapp" due to their single a status, then Holston won the scrimmage, but the bottom line is Abingdon outscored holston and was subbing long before Holston, not that it really matters but the Canes just can't seem to keep their mind on more than one subject and that's the Falcons - but then again, no one's talking about Marion regarding any sport, good or bad - that ought to tell you something

I agree with the other posts, scrimmages are relatively meaningless. But if you think Abingdon's first string beat Holston's, then you either weren't there, are blind or just plain delusional. Again, not that it matters.

I agree with the other posts, scrimmages are relatively meaningless. But if you think Abingdon's first string beat Holston's, then you either weren't there, are blind or just plain delusional. Again, not that it matters.

Like he said, they are giving internet access from the state hospital. We let him on every now and again.

Edited by HurricaneWarning

Guest nameuser

Holston scored on their first drive, a very nice drive I might add, Abingdon was subbing during and after that first drive, both ways, abingdon then outscored Holston. It is what it is, or what is was, take it however you want. Just don't make it out to be something it's not.

Now with Richlands... THey have a decent team. It is not equal to what they have had in the past and Abingdon has played with them. I believe the game will be decided late in the forth quarter.

Then I think it is advantage Richlands. They are big on strength and conditioning.

Holston scored on their first drive, a very nice drive I might add, Abingdon was subbing during and after that first drive, both ways, abingdon then outscored Holston. It is what it is, or what is was, take it however you want. Just don't make it out to be something it's not.

You forget about the first play. Holston touchdown on an errant Hess pitch. 2-1 Holston with starters in the game. When Hess scored Abingdon's second touchdown on a long run, every one of Holston's starters were on the bench. This was a controlled scrimmage and agreed as to when subs would come in. Abingdon didn't sub for that first series after Holston's subs came in. You might also remember that being a controlled scrimmage, each offense got a set number of plays. Abingdon took 8 plays inside the 10 to score their one touchdown against Holston's starters, and no penalties to extend the drive.

Again, not there, blind or delusional. Nuff said. But this is about Abingdon/Richlands. I'm an Abingdon fan. This one might be a little closer than most imagine. Hess threw some great passes against Burton. Some were dropped, some were completed. Crosswhite looked great. Case has to improve on the kicking game. His leg is is the best in SWVA but his accuracy is questionable at times. I say Richlands 26, Abingdon 17.

if Richlands loses this game...they should just pack it up for the year, the wheels have come off...that's all I've got to say about it.

I think Richlands wins by as much as they want to, Abingdon didn't show me anything against Bruton.

kick off is in about 35 minutes. Let's cheer for our favs and the best team will win. Safe game for everyone and to and from the game.

A Blue Tornado fan.

I am with you kentucky; have already asked God to protect all the players and guide them home safely.

PLAY BALL !

Sorry guys, but you couldn't run, or pass, or stop us ! I don't think we are the one singing the blues tonight.

Look out..........the blues are starting to click ! We still have some work to do, but things are starting to come together.

Abingdon just ran into a buzzsaw tonight. The boys were fired up with the new Jerseys and glad to be back in Ernie Hicks after 2 weeks on the road.

Good luck the rest of your season. Richlands has a week to rest and get ready for the back yard brawl !