VT vs U

-oo-

and did i not give them credit where credit is due. every person i have talked to, VT fan or not, claims that on any other day, where Miami and VT both bring their A game's, VT would not have come out on top. and my opinion is unbiased (i realize now that i used the wrong word lol) i do not hate VT athletics, i do not like Miami athletics, it's most of the FANS i hate from VT, most have the attitude, our team is best, no one can compare, if they play bad it's someone else's fault. just my view on things. and Gman, i know you think i have no credibility at all, and i dont care, and i know if i make a jab at you i will be banned for a few days, so i will not say what is on my mind about your jab. if it were the other way around however, and someone said you had no credibility im sure they wouldnt be around a few days. notice i didnt say you had no credibility, i just said if someone were to say it they would probably get banned. so i am in no way stirring up controversy with you, nor have i ever. however since i downed VT, you start controversy and hostilities with me. so be it.

You earn credibility by backing your opinion with facts...you have NEVER been able to do that. Your opinion is always based on emotion which gives you no credibility whatsoever...

Run along now before you get your feelings hurt....

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You earn credibility by backing your opinion with facts...you have NEVER been able to do that. Your opinion is always based on emotion which gives you no credibility whatsoever...

It doesnt matter if your Tom Brady, if you get pressure on the QB they will fall. The QB is only as good as his protection.

and did i not give them credit where credit is due. every person i have talked to, VT fan or not, claims that on any other day, where Miami and VT both bring their A game's, VT would not have come out on top. and my opinion is unbiased (i realize now that i used the wrong word lol) i do not hate VT athletics, i do not like Miami athletics, it's most of the FANS i hate from VT, most have the attitude, our team is best, no one can compare, if they play bad it's someone else's fault. just my view on things. and Gman, i know you think i have no credibility at all, and i dont care, and i know if i make a jab at you i will be banned for a few days, so i will not say what is on my mind about your jab. if it were the other way around however, and someone said you had no credibility im sure they wouldnt be around a few days. notice i didnt say you had no credibility, i just said if someone were to say it they would probably get banned. so i am in no way stirring up controversy with you, nor have i ever. however since i downed VT, you start controversy and hostilities with me. so be it.

So wait, what you're saying is that credit is due to the Hokies, but you are still not giving them credit. Why? That's where you are completely wrong. Explain yourself, Beano. You are also wrong by implying that Miami didn't bring their A game. They brought their A game, it's just that their A game was outdone by Virginia Tech's A game, and if you had watched the game, you would understand that.

I believe his point is that if Miami and Virginia Tech both played their "A" game Miami would win because they're a better team. I, too, feel if both teams played to their potential Miami would win. However, they didn't play to their potential and VT dominated the game. You cannot put Miami's poor play solely on the 'Canes themselves, Tech had a lot to do with how poorly they played. Harris, who I believe is a gem, hadn't experienced that type of environment with that type of pressure (pass rush) before and he wasn't prepared for it. And his offense mates didn't help out with dropping passes, cutting off routes, poor OL blocking, and RBs unable to establish a running game. If the kid can keep his head on straight and continue to improve, however, he's going to be very good in another year.

If the kid can keep his head on straight and continue to improve, however, he's going to be very good in another year.

So now you're trying to say Miami is still in the "re-building" mode??? But just last week, he was one of the best QBs in the country and "the U" was back...what the hell??? Are you getting paid by ESPN???

So now you're trying to say Miami is still in the "re-building" mode??? But just last week, he was one of the best QBs in the country and "the U" was back...what the hell??? Are you getting paid by ESPN???

Okay, pull the panties out of the wad and relax. I could careless what ESPN has been saying and tried making everyone believe about Harris. The reality is, despite the hype, many of Miami's key players are still young. I've been thoroughly impressed with Harris to this point in the season, anyone viewing it objectively would be as well. The kid has a lot of raw talent and from what I've read and seen seems pretty straight-laced. This, however, is his first season as a full-time starter, so he's still learning. IF he keeps his head on straight and will put in the work he's going to be very good as a junior next season. He's pretty good right now, but can be very good with a year's experience under his belt. He's definitely the best QB Miami has had since Dorsey.

Okay, pull the panties out of the wad and relax. I could careless what ESPN has been saying and tried making everyone believe about Harris. The reality is, despite the hype, many of Miami's key players are still young. I've been thoroughly impressed with Harris to this point in the season, anyone viewing it objectively would be as well. The kid has a lot of raw talent and from what I've read and seen seems pretty straight-laced. This, however, is his first season as a full-time starter, so he's still learning. IF he keeps his head on straight and will put in the work he's going to be very good as a junior next season. He's pretty good right now, but can be very good with a year's experience under his belt. He's definitely the best QB Miami has had since Dorsey.

He'll be better than Dorsey. The kid's upside is fantastic, and I see limitless growth potential.

i really hope you dont think that i take this board seriously enough to get my feelings hurt or get mad??? and i really hope you dont either. cause if you do, wow.

He'll be better than Dorsey. The kid's upside is fantastic, and I see limitless growth potential.

He could be better than Dorsey, but he has a ways to go first; potential means nothing unless it's cultivated and honed. I agree though, Harry's growth potential is sky high. From the interviews I've seen I like the way the kid carries himself because he's confident, but not cocky. I liked the story on Game Day about how he got the nickname "Heart-attack." I just hope the "U" swagger doesn't taint his personality.

Guest JJBrickface

I gave a truly unbiased opinion before and after the game.

I knew Miami was overrated and I knew that Tech is a really good team with an inconsistent QB.

Found this to be interesting

http://www.hokiesports.com/rothreport/recaps/20090928aaa.html

excerpt:

Consider this: Virginia Tech’s opponents are a combined 13-3, with all three losses coming to the Hokies. Even Marshall is now 3-1 after its win at Memphis on Saturday in which tailback Darius Marshall ran for 203 yards and three touchdowns. Nebraska has scored at least one touchdown in every quarter this season … except for four. Those would be the four quarters in Blacksburg. For the sake of reference, check out how Tech’s defense has done against the first four quarterbacks it has faced this season. The numbers are surprisingly good.

Alabama Greg McElroy Completions-Attempts (Pct) TD INT

vs. Hokies: 15-30 (50 percent) 1 1

vs. other 3 foes: 46-61 (75 percent) 6 0

Marshall Brian Anderson Completions-Attempts (Pct) TD INT

vs. Hokies: 15-31 (48 percent) 0 0

vs. other 3 foes: 48-75 (64 percent) 4 2

Nebraska Zac Lee Completions-Attempts (Pct) TD INT

vs. Hokies: 11-30 (37 percent) 0 2

vs. other 3 foes: 57-75 (76 percent) 7 1

Miami Jacory Harris Completions-Attempts (Pct) TD INT

vs. Hokies: 9-25 (36 percent) 0 1

vs. other 3 foes: 41-59 (69 percent) 5 2

The four teams the Hokies have played this season are getting exceptional quarterback play. All four are amazingly efficient. McElroy (75 percent), Anderson (64 percent), Lee (76 percent) and Harris (69 percent) have great numbers, except when they faced Tech. When you look Tech’s defensive numbers, you also have to compare how the opponents are doing against other teams, such as Harris vs. Florida State or Georgia Tech, or McElroy against Arkansas. We’ve seen some very good offenses so far this season and a few really exceptional quarterbacks. By the end of the season, it would be surprising if McElroy, Lee and Harris weren’t among their respective conferences’ passing leaders.

Sorry Rules...I was being a bit TIC there...reminder to me: always put TIC after a post so everyone will understand...:D

Found this to be interesting

http://www.hokiesports.com/rothreport/recaps/20090928aaa.html

excerpt:

Consider this: Virginia Tech’s opponents are a combined 13-3, with all three losses coming to the Hokies. Even Marshall is now 3-1 after its win at Memphis on Saturday in which tailback Darius Marshall ran for 203 yards and three touchdowns. Nebraska has scored at least one touchdown in every quarter this season … except for four. Those would be the four quarters in Blacksburg. For the sake of reference, check out how Tech’s defense has done against the first four quarterbacks it has faced this season. The numbers are surprisingly good.

Alabama Greg McElroy Completions-Attempts (Pct) TD INT

vs. Hokies: 15-30 (50 percent) 1 1

vs. other 3 foes: 46-61 (75 percent) 6 0

Marshall Brian Anderson Completions-Attempts (Pct) TD INT

vs. Hokies: 15-31 (48 percent) 0 0

vs. other 3 foes: 48-75 (64 percent) 4 2

Nebraska Zac Lee Completions-Attempts (Pct) TD INT

vs. Hokies: 11-30 (37 percent) 0 2

vs. other 3 foes: 57-75 (76 percent) 7 1

Miami Jacory Harris Completions-Attempts (Pct) TD INT

vs. Hokies: 9-25 (36 percent) 0 1

vs. other 3 foes: 41-59 (69 percent) 5 2

The four teams the Hokies have played this season are getting exceptional quarterback play. All four are amazingly efficient. McElroy (75 percent), Anderson (64 percent), Lee (76 percent) and Harris (69 percent) have great numbers, except when they faced Tech. When you look Tech’s defensive numbers, you also have to compare how the opponents are doing against other teams, such as Harris vs. Florida State or Georgia Tech, or McElroy against Arkansas. We’ve seen some very good offenses so far this season and a few really exceptional quarterbacks. By the end of the season, it would be surprising if McElroy, Lee and Harris weren’t among their respective conferences’ passing leaders.

That's gold, Jerry!! Gold!!!