VT vs U

-oo-

This is going to be an incredible game and I can't wait to watch it.

What is everyone feeling about the outcome of this one?

Virginia Techs first conference game.

Miami's toughest venue to play in so far.

I think Miami will come out on top of this one.

Beamerball will keep the points close.

Miami-27

VT-23

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Miami is the far better team and no, it's not only because I am a Miami fan. I have watched Tech's game this year and Miami's. If I compare performance against competition, I give the edge to Miami by a large margin. Miami wins big.

Miami - 28

VT - 7

I think Miami is the far better team and no, it's not only because I am a Miami fan. I have watched Tech's game this year and Miami's. If I compare performance against competition, I give the edge to Miami by a large margin. Miami wins big.

Miami - 28

VT - 7

Miami wins big, but not that big. 23-14.

Ok, I'm not convinced Jacory Harris is as good of a quarterback as everyone is hyping him up to be. His line gives him days to throw the ball and his receivers are big, physical, fast, etc. Yes, he does a solid job of throwing the ball, but a pretty average quarterback can look pretty good given the circumstances previously mentioned. Again, I'm not saying he's bad... I'm saying he's not as good as hyped. It would be interesting to see him under pressure, something that I don't think Tech's defense can provide.

Also, did you know our rush defense is ranked 107th in the nation right now??? WTF fellas? STEP UP.

Yea i saw that in the paper today and i didnt believe it at first.

Hopefully Coach Foster got those boys in shape and focused for Miami b/c they will have to play their best game of their lives Saturday to beat this very good Miami team.

I think it will be a good game. I'm going to go with Va Tech 17-14 in a close one. Just hope our defense can do better against the run and i expect they will. Also hope Stinespring gets sick and can't be there to call the plays. But we as Hokie fans aren't that lucky.

If the teams continue to play as they have been to this point in the season Miami wins by 14+. Tech's offense has to move the ball (right) to give the defense an opportunity to rest. Regardless, I believe Miami has too many weapons on the outside for Tech to contain and Harris is the real deal. Some people talk like Miami hasn't faced a team as good as VT yet; wrong. From what I've seen both FSU and GT are playing at a higher level than VT has at any point thus far. Anything is possible though, so we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised by anything on Saturday other than VT winning in a blowout.

Do you honestly think VT is better than Southern Cal (i know they lost to Wash), or Ohio State. Come on. You LUCKED out against Nebaska that didnt even score a TD, and beat Marshall. Dont turn this into a Tenn bashing either, I'm the first to admit, we have no offense (much like VT) and a great defense (much like VT). VT should be #21-#22 at best. Good luck against the U.

Do you honestly think VT is better than Southern Cal (i know they lost to Wash), or Ohio State. Come on. You LUCKED out against Nebaska that didnt even score a TD, and beat Marshall. Dont turn this into a Tenn bashing either, I'm the first to admit, we have no offense (much like VT) and a great defense (much like VT). VT should be #21-#22 at best. Good luck against the U.

They lost to Wash?????? they now have to prove theirself. It doesnt matter how many points you score or how many yards you give up, its all about the "W" and Techs loss was no embarrassing one at that. UT Lost to Florida and gave them everything they could handle so im not puttin UT down.

$5 says this is what the talking heads will say after this weekend...

If VT wins...well, its because the ACC is so weak.

If Miami wins...its because the U is back, baby...National Championship contenders.

Let's play the game and sees what happens...most of the time, the better team wins...

$5 says this is what the talking heads will say after this weekend...

If VT wins...well, its because the ACC is so weak.

If Miami wins...its because the U is back, baby...National Championship contenders.

Let's play the game and sees what happens...most of the time, the better team wins...

Sad to say but your right.

I think Miami's way overrated. Put some pressure on the qb and see how that works. I hope Tech can keep him on his back all day. ESPN and the talking heads are already annointing Miami...I hope the Hokies can take them down a notch. Everyone is talking about how Harris is so cool under pressure...he hasn't had any pressure yet.

He hasn't had any pressure yet? Have you watched their games? Jacory has spun out of, ran away from, and juked past many defenders this year. Also, he has thrown on the run on bootleg plays where he ends up with pressure on him. Jacory is the real deal.

The rain will even up the game a little bit from a speed standpoint.

VT has played a tough schedule and two very good defensive fronts thus far. The blew out Marshall when they were supposed to and held Alabama close until they ran out of gas. Nebraska played well on defense and VT was not sharp that day anywhere on the field, but still found a way to win the game. I'll give Nebraska and Alabama some credit for helping to hold down the yardage that VT had in those games.

Anything can happen, that's why they play the game! Stap it on, Hokies, and hit 'em until you can't hit anymore!!

He hasn't had any pressure yet? Have you watched their games? Jacory has spun out of, ran away from, and juked past many defenders this year. Also, he has thrown on the run on bootleg plays where he ends up with pressure on him. Jacory is the real deal.

Wrong. Jacory has spun out of, ran away from, and juked past A COUPLE of defenders this year. Please, don't make it sound like he's scrambling and creating on every play. And what quarterback doesn't "end up" with pressure on him when running bootleg plays??? I've watched Miami this year, and he is NOT pressured. As I said earlier, his O Line is giving him tons of time to throw and his receivers are making the kid look world class. Not to say he's a bad quarterback. He's doing his job, not exceeding what's necessary.

Also, I don't think the Hokies can pressure Harris enough. But again, we shall see...

I watched the Ga. Tech and Florida State games where he had all day to throw the ball downfield on several occasions when he didn't even have to move his feet. He's had a little token pressure at times, but nothing that would rattle a qb like a relentless defense can throw at him. We'll see how he does the rest of the season, and I'll give him his props if he is worthy...I'm just not annointing him quite yet like the guys at ESPN are doing.

I watched the Ga. Tech and Florida State games where he had all day to throw the ball downfield on several occasions when he didn't even have to move his feet. He's had a little token pressure at times, but nothing that would rattle a qb like a relentless defense can throw at him.

Agreed...those were the same games I watched. Of course, GetMoney55's view is tainted by his love for the U...

Also, did you know our rush defense is ranked 107th in the nation right now??? WTF fellas? STEP UP.

I mentioned this a couple weeks ago and everyone said they were fine.

In the 4th QT of the Nebraska game their RB had more yards than Tech's whole offense did.

Someone mentioned Tech having a great defense? 107th in rushing isn't gonna get it done.