Unofficial Division 3 points

the watcher

In the end I think the top 4 (in no particular oder) will be Cave Spring, Richlands, Tazewell, and Tunstall. Cave Spring still has some tough games left (Salem, Blacksburg, CBurg, etc.. Not sure what Tunstall has left and we all know what Tazewell and Richlands has left.

If this is to be true, I have thought that they should have been doing this all along... Hope it is true, make for better games, and especially helps these teams out that have slow starts and finishes strong!

The reason they are doing it these days is because of a 9-1 team that could be left out of the playoffs because they didn't win there district.

Nah, they're doing it so a couple of 3-7 teams can make some extra cash. Geez, it's now harder for teams to NOT make the playoffs then to make them.

Nah, they're doing it so a couple of 3-7 teams can make some extra cash. Geez, it's now harder for teams to NOT make the playoffs then to make them.

lol...this is why we should have 8 to 10 team districts.

I agree. When everyone drops to A hopefully we will.

yeah i'm hoping they will just make the SWD single A instead of splitting everyone up...probably wont hapeen but...we can hope.

I doubt it. If you're a 1 or a 2 seed, you've had mojo all season. That's what got you that seed. At the end of a season, it's nice to heal up and game plan. If you truly deserve that seed, the layoff won't affect you. A good team is a good team. Period.

i dont like the week off myself....would rather see it go straight through from week 1 to the state finals....i think part of it that makes me appreciate a good team is the coaches ability to get them ready in a few days to take on the next team.

I agree with Bulldogs52. You see it happen alot in nfl playoffs. Number 1 or 2 seed get beat in divisional round. That is not to say that the week off had anything do to with it, but it is possible that it could

Some teams have an off week before the playoffs start anyway. That could potentially mean 2 weeks off between games.

That isn't an off week anymore...that is the first round of the playoffs (11/13 or 14...#3 v. #6, #4 v. #5), the next week is second round (11/20 or 21...#3/#6 winner v. #2, #4/#5 winner v. #1), and the following week (11/27 or 28) is the Region Championship, then State Semis (12/5), and Championship (12/12).

If a school has the last week of the regular season open and ends up as a #1 or #2 seed then yes, they would have two weeks off before playing again but that is the fault of the AD or Head Coach or whoever made the schedule for the team, not the Region's or VHSL's fault.

BTW, Tazewell and Tunstall are the only two Region IV schools with an open date the last week of the regular season.