Richlands vs Marion

Canes00

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true! He is going to have to do something else besides throw the ball up and let number 88 run under it, because once they match up with someone that has the speed to keep up with him the passing game will be different.. The 3 Johnson's boys are something to watch.. IMO # 8 is the better of the 3...

Richlands would be 2-3 at best, if they hadn't recruited the Big Creek Boys. I didn't know that recruiting was legal in high school. That is the only way that Richlands can win.

Richlands would be 2-3 at best, if they hadn't recruited the Big Creek Boys. I didn't know that recruiting was legal in high school. That is the only way that Richlands can win.

Those young men and their family chose to live and play at Richlands thats not recruiting. You don't know much about the Richlands team if you think they would be 2-3, where have you been the last 5 or 6 years?

Players want to play for a quality program that wins. When everyone else does what Richlands and Bluefield has done then you will start seeing "The Recruits" like they have.

We got a funny one here folks!

Nadoball, where did find that list on preps. I was wondering if there was a Div. 2 list?

Re: VHSL Ratings Released Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From valleysportsnow.com

Group A

In Group A, Division 2, Gretna (4-0, 1-0 Dogwood, Region B) is ranked No. 1 with a 23.500 rating and Gate City (5-1, 1-0 Clinch Mountain, Region D) is No. 2 with a 22.667 ranking. Clarke County (5-0, 0-0 Bull Run, Region B) is ranked No. 3 with a 22.000 rating, followed by Essex (4-0, 0-4 Northern Neck, Region A, 20.000), Chilhowie (4-1, 0-0 Hogoheegee, Region C, 19.800), Buckingham County (6-0, 0-0 James River, Region B, 19.667), J.J. Kelley (5-0, 1-0 Lonesome Pine, Region D, 19.600), Washington & Lee (4-0, 0-0 Northern Neck, Region A, 19.500), Appomattox (4-1, 1-0 Dogwood, Region B, 19.200), Dan River (4-1, 1-0 Dogwood, Region B, 19.200) and Glenvar (5-0, 0-0 Three Rivers, Region C, 18.400)

In Group A, Division 1, Holston (5-0, 0-0 Hogoheegee, Region C) is ranked No.1 with a 20.000 rating and Eastern Montgomery (5-0, 0-0 Three Rivers, Region C) is No. 2 with a 19.200 rating. Riverheads (4-1. 0-0 Shenandoah, Region B, 18.800) is No. 3, followed by Madison County (5-0, 0-0 Bull Run, Region B, 18.800), West Point (6-0, 0-0 Tidewater, Region A, 18.667), Hurley (5-1, 0-0 Black Diamond, Region D, 18.500), Franklin (4-1, 0-0 Tri-Rivers, Region A, 18.400), Clintwood (4-1, 1-0 Lonesome Pine, Region D, 18.200), Sussex Central (3-1, 0-0 Tri-Rivers, Region A, 18.000), Northumberland (4-0, 0-0 Northern Neck, Region A, 18.000), Altavista (4-1, 0-1 Dogwood, Region B, 17.600) and J.I. Burton (4-1, 1-1 Lonesome Pine, Region D, 17.200).

Here it is, its early and will change.

Division 3

Cave Spring 3 AA IV River Ridge 5 0 0 0 0 0 26.400

Western Albemarle 3 AA II Jefferson 5 0 0 2 0 0 24.000

Liberty (Bed) 3 AA III Seminole 5 1 0 1 1 0 23.500

Bruton 3 AA I Bay Rivers 4 0 0 3 0 0 23.500

Handley 3 AA II Northwestern 5 0 0 0 0 0 22.800

Poquoson 3 AA I Bay Rivers 3 1 0 3 0 0 21.750

Lee, R.E. (St) 3 AA III Southern Valley 4 1 0 2 0 0 21.600

Marion 3 AA IV Southwest 5 0 0 2 0 0 21.600

Park View (St) 3 AA II Dulles 3 2 0 1 1 0 21.200

Brookville 3 AA III Seminole 5 1 0 1 1 0 21.167

Monroe, James 3 AA I Battlefield 3 1 0 1 0 0 21.000

Northside 3 AA III Blue Ridge 4 2 0 0 0 0 21.000

Alleghany 3 AA III Blue Ridge 5 1 0 0 0 0 20.500

I like the Blues in this one, although, there is a few places that Richlands does not play well for some reason and Marion is one of them. I take the Blues 28-10. Better hope you can run the ball better than Tazewell did because the Blues will tee off on the QB all night.

Marion has a solid running attack and a good offensive line....I thought originally that last year's team was a little better than this year's team, but after seeing them play a couple of times....I think the rushing attack is better, they have the potential to control the ball and run the clock. If Marion can stop the passing attack, they should be able to hang with Richlands...I just think that Richlands has more big play makers than Marion and that'll be the difference.

Players want to play for a quality program that wins. When everyone else does what Richlands and Bluefield has done then you will start seeing "The Recruits" like they have.

What Richlands and Bluefield have done? What repeat the 8th grade???

(just kidding, I just had to say it)...

What Richlands and Bluefield have done? What repeat the 8th grade???

(just kidding, I just had to say it)...

I agree - in this area, to get attention from Division I or IA (or whatever the JMU, Richmond, W & M schools are called now) you need to be in at least a AA winning program. Heck, Big Creek was cancelling their program. Those kids needed to go somewhere! I could not blame any kid with a great deal of talent for going to Richlands or Bluefield. I couldn't blame their families for moving into one of those school districts if the ties were not so great that it was impossible.

Now there is a school that has a "boy's home" in its school district that DOES actually "recruit" in our area. Kids from far away are brought in. Many times, you'll hear their names during football season and then never hear from them again. I'll not mention names because it is a very sensitive subject.

Effort = A -

Timing = C -

Delivery = C +

Rationalization = A

Knowledge of subject matter = F

Grammer/sentence structure = A -

It appears we do have a funny one here!

Has Replay ever seen Richlands play a game the last several years.

I have....and they may have the same record this year, because the competition would still be the weak single A competition that they've played and the even weaker SouthWest District teams...with the exception of Gate City, which by the way....beat them. Richlands has benefited greatly this year by the Johnson boys transfering.

Edited by futbolking

Effort = A -

Timing = C -

Delivery = C +

Rationalization = A

Knowledge of subject matter = F

Grammer/sentence structure = A -

It appears we do have a funny one here!

Hey LabRat.....Don't worry too much about Repo and his ramblings. The majority of posters on this board think that grammar refers to anyone that went to Graham High School.

Grundy must have a great team swvasports.

Grundy is much improved and is playing good football, and I'm glad for the kids there !

But I don't know that I would say that Grundy is a great team.....yet. Will have to see how they do against the rest of the district first. 1 district game = 1 district loss, although the loss was against a undefeated Marion team. They did give Marion all they could handle and almost pulled off the win. But you know what they say about almost.

But Grundy for sure is not the auto win for teams like they were in the past few years. This Grundy team seems to have a lot of heart and will fight you till the end........or so I have heard and read. I haven't had the chance to watch them play yet.

I have....and they may have the same record this year, because the competition would still be the weak single A competition that they've played and the even weaker SouthWest District teams...with the exception of Gate City, which by the way....beat them. Richlands has benefited greatly this year by the Johnson boys transfering.

You know that weak single A stuff is really getting old. Their playing the best programs in SW VA. I remember back and 2006 when you called them same schools cream puffs. Would have to say Gaty City and Lebanon are in up years. If anythings got weaker in SW VA it is Graham. And let me say I'm not happy to see that.

Hey LabRat.....Don't worry too much about Repo and his ramblings. The majority of posters on this board think that grammar refers to anyone that went to Graham High School.

I had been trying to figure out some way to grade the posts on here. This just showed up in my brain and this post caught my eye. It's all in fun anyway. The only way I could really affect a game would be to run onto the field and blindside somebody at a critical moment. In that case, I am certain something important would fall right off me and I don't heal as quickly as I did in my youth.

Its definitely going to be a close game until the fourth quarter. I believe its a 50-50 chance at either team winning by a TD in the 4th. I believe Marion will come out on top this year. Marion's qb will make or break the game.