Lebanon @ Richlands

plooolt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blues have trouble throwing in good weather. If it ain't the bomb....we havin trouble.

We will be alright. I would like to see the ball spread around alittle more but hay we put the "W" in the win column, can't dispute it that much.

Wow, .....Richlands has played 6 games, scored 198 pts. for an avg. of 33 pts. I'm sure some teams would like to have Richlands' "supposedly" offensive problems. :confused:

"But..they've not scored in the way "we think" they should have scored????"....TIC

I think the Richlands coaches have it under control.....they are actually on the sidelines for the games, have scouted the teams they're playing, watched countless hours of game film and "possibly" even noted in certain defensive schemes when they can go for it all.

Edited by trublue

How is Richlands Pass Defense. Lebanon's strength this season is their defense and passing the ball. They have thrown 12 TD's this season so far.

Edited by plooolt

How is Richlands Pass Defense. Lebanon's strength this season is their defense and passing the ball. They have thrown 13 TD's this season so far.

Nobody has been a threat throwing the ball against Richlands yet. Nobody has been successful yet anyway. You can look at our wins and see the points we have given up. 14 of the Falcons came against our 2 and 3 string, the Dawgs points came against a fumble return, Honaker points on 2 string, so our first team has not giving up much at all. Avg around 6 points a game. We have a pretty fast defense and nobody has really been able to get time to throw it.

Wow, .....Richlands has played 6 games, scored 198 pts. for an avg. of 33 pts. I'm sure some teams would like to have Richlands' "supposedly" offensive problems. :confused:

"But..they've not scored in the way "we think" they should have scored????"....TIC

I think the Richlands coaches have it under control.....they are actually on the sidelines for the games, have scouted the teams they're playing, watched countless hours of game film and "possibly" even noted in certain defensive schemes when they can go for it all.

Great insight.....i would have never thought of that "stuff"

The blues have been scoring a lot of points, and yes thats greate. But the slopy O play that is going on well come back and bite if it is not taken care of.

Has there ever been a high school team that didn't occassionly have some "sloppy" periods in a game? I'm perplexed at the comments.....as if perfection is the norm in high school football games.

It would be great IF teams never committed TO's, put the ball on the ground, always ran the perfect route, never had a "broken" play, was never sacked, never had an injury.....that every game was "leap and bounds" better than the previous....but there's one constant factor in all of this that says that will never happen......they're HUMAN.....they're KIDS.

I've NEVER seen a perfectly played football game w/o mistakes for any home team or any visiting team.

Has there ever been a high school team that didn't occassionly have some "sloppy" periods in a game? I'm perplexed at the comments.....as if perfection is the norm in high school football games.

It would be great IF teams never committed TO's, put the ball on the ground, always ran the perfect route, never had a "broken" play, was never sacked, never had an injury.....that every game was "leap and bounds" better than the previous....but there's one constant factor in all of this that says that will never happen......they're HUMAN.....they're KIDS.

I've NEVER seen a perfectly played football game w/o mistakes for any home team or any visiting team.

Could you imagine how boring the games would be if everything was predictable?

Yes there is always mistakes, but always 10 times more things done right. The defensive line has no seniors on it, none. Unless Cody J is playing. Hunter Brown, Hunter Childress, and J Mcglothlin are Sophomores The rest are Jr's like you said, just kids, trying to play some football.

Edited by huntland

Yes there is always mistakes, but always 10 times more things done right. The defensive line has no seniors on it, none. Unless Cody J is playing. Hunter Brown, Hunter Childress, and J Mcglothlin are Sophomores The rest are Jr's like you said, just kids, trying to play some football.

Correct me if im wrong but I think the Blues return 10 starters on defense next season. Man should be one tough defense next year. Just think we are only allowing an average of 6 points per game now against our starters.

Next year should be a lot of fun for Richlands !! But this year hasn't been to bad itself. Just a little more consistency and this team could be special. I think for such a young team they have had a great season so far.

As far as a high school team being perfect, nobody really expects them to be perfect, and there is nothing wrong in pointing out the things they need to work on. That's what you work for in practice, you know your not ever going to get perfect, but you work hard to try to be as close to perfect as you can.

Lebanon has a pretty good passing game and Va. High had a darn good pass defense. But, with that said.....the passing game was set up by Lebanon's ability to run the ball, don't believe that'll be the case against Richlands.

leb late..if richlands can't break atleast 2 big plays...leb will not run it up the middle..they will score...28-21...but will be a very good game..

Lebanon could pull off the win (in a low scoring game), but how in the heck do you think a team that couldn't move the ball against Tazewell is going to score 28 against Richlands at Ernie Hicks Stadium??

During the Tazewell game we didn't have our running back until the 2nd half of the game, that being said we still didn't win. But I agree with both teams defenses the way they are whoever wins it will probably be low scoring. Just hope my team comes home with the w

Go Pioneers.

leb late..if richlands can't break atleast 2 big plays...leb will not run it up the middle..they will score...28-21...but will be a very good game..

I think Lebanon has a much better football team than they showed at Tazewell. I personally think it was a fluke game looking at the other games they have played and how they played Gate City. Seems everybody has a fluke just like Richlands did against Powell Valley last year, we all know how that went. However I don't see Lebanon scoring 28 points, I look for a low scoring game with Richlands taking the win. Richlands by 7.