Falcons vs Bearcats

southbound

Abingdon-Va High is always a good game just because of the rivalry, no matter how good or bad the teams are on any givin year. Abingdon won on a catch in the end zone late in the game last year, should be another exciting one this year. Abingdon by 3

be careful battle is really good in 8th grade football. ha ha :D

People USED to say this same BS about Holston. Now there kicking everybody's butt. The 8th grade team is excellent and the freshman players, who have played most of the year are doing great. The coach is in place, they will have 60+ players next year.

Bearcats big Friday. 42-14

Edited by Big Orange 1

People USED to say this same BS about Holston. Now there kicking everybody's ass. The 8th grade team is excellent and the freshman players, who have played most of the year are doing great. The coach is in place, they will have 60+ players next year.

Actually, Battle IS really good in 8th grade and with the changes taking place down there, Battle will only continue to improve under Witten. I agree, the 9th graders are kicking tail too. The Blackburn kid is an excellent qb for the future. Keep that freshman rb - number 23 - straight. He will dominate in future years if he stays involved.

IF is the key word, its battle

Yep, faconman, you are right again. It's Battle. The keyword is if.. But, if that if comes to pass, we will all have to worry about them in the future. Again, as you said, its if...

IF abingdon is as good next year as I hear, alot of teams better look out. IF is a big word, don't think the SWD has much to worry about.

you kind of sneak on here with your comments. hey mrguyrod send us some solutions and help us fix it. we would love to have an expert opinion from richlands on here. oh wait, you guys have good players. wow! that's how you win-i never would have guessed it.:rolleyes:

Here is my philosphy on a good coach. A good coach can take a very talented football team to the state championship. An excellent coach can take a semi talented bunch of kids to the state championship. I feel this is were it seperates the good coaches from excellent coaches in my opinion. Alot coaches out there that can go along way with top notch talent. Its when you have an overall decent football team and the coach has the no how to make it work, thats what seperates a good coach from an excellent coach. Just my.02 worth

There's more to Richlands and the staff than people voice. I have stated if before and will do so again. What seperates Richlands from most schools in the region is that Richlands has a football "program". The coach and staff recognize that to build a solid team you must take an active role at all levels. You dont see that at the other schools. I cannot quote exactly the statement made by RHS's coach but the jist of it was that "a win by the RHS Blue Tornados is a win for all kids that play football in Richlands. We are all Blue Tornados". The community has thrown full support into the football program at Richlands and we witness the result. That is the difference between a "good" coach and a "Great" coach.

one of my coaches use to say "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a merry christmas". yeah that's right vols i played football in high school. ha ha:D

No we call soccer, soccer not football in this country. Southbound if you played american football you were a loser because you went or are still attending abingdon. Lose, lose, LOOOOOOOOOSERRRRRRRRRR! I hate Abingdon.:(

People USED to say this same BS about Holston. Now there kicking everybody's butt. The 8th grade team is excellent and the freshman players, who have played most of the year are doing great. The coach is in place, they will have 60+ players next year.

But holston had help with their schedule! Battle won't, they will never make it through their district, guess who never does in their district?? Holston, they never beat GW or Chilhowie. Sorry, having numbers out wont make you a contender, merely a pretender.:p

No we call soccer, soccer not football in this country. Southbound if you played american football you were a loser because you went or are still attending abingdon. Lose, lose, LOOOOOOOOOSERRRRRRRRRR! I hate Abingdon.:(

You hate us because we dominate you in every sport, and you want to dominate us??? SIT DOWN AND TAKE A NUMBER, rebel boy!:D

you kind of sneak on here with your comments. hey mrguyrod send us some solutions and help us fix it. we would love to have an expert opinion from richlands on here. oh wait, you guys have good players. wow! that's how you win-i never would have guessed it.:rolleyes:

I don't sneak on here with comments, I usually just try to ignore all the BS.

Here's a solution, get a better coach who isn't afraid to call the right plays, or play the right players. Stop scheduling only cupcakes as non-district games. Get tired of being criticized and laughed at and work harder at getting better, year round not just in the fall.

I don't sneak on here with comments, I usually just try to ignore all the BS.

Here's a solution, get a better coach who isn't afraid to call the right plays, or play the right players. Stop scheduling only cupcakes as non-district games. Get tired of being criticized and laughed at and work harder at getting better, year round not just in the fall.

what?:confused: this sounds like a lot of work/effort to get done.:( will we need stimulus money to pay for this?:mad: oh, i know why don't you get off your butt and apply for the job when it comes open. good luck mrguyrod!:rolleyes:

what?:confused: this sounds like a lot of work/effort to get done.:( will we need stimulus money to pay for this?:mad: oh, i know why don't you get off your butt and apply for the job when it comes open. good luck mrguyrod!:rolleyes:

SORRY, the Crows are a lost cause, not worthy of my time and effort.