Graham vs Cave Spring

Nadoball

it is Cave SPRING....not Cave SPRINGS...

Why does everybody on this board add the "s"...it bugs me.

Probably, the same reason people say Hayside instead of Haysi, Abington instead of Abingdon (either not familiar with the spelling or the pronounciation).

Life has many choices---eternity two

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graham could make a game of it, especially if Cave Spring comes in with the wrong attitude, they may think they are just going to walk in and win after already thumping Graham once already, but it is clear Graham is a different team and I am not so sure Cave Spring is playing as well as early in the season. If Graham plays well, they could have a chance to sneak past CS with a victory.

Prediction CS 28 GHS 20

Graham has improved throughout the season. I can see the defense applying pressure to the CS quarterback and maybe slowing down the attack. If Graham can hit that QB like SWD boys hit, they have a chance.

From the statistics from the first game, the QB was the offense. If Graham can stop him they have a chance.

Graham 28

Cave Spring 27

Graham has improved throughout the season. I can see the defense applying pressure to the CS quarterback and maybe slowing down the attack. If Graham can hit that QB like SWD boys hit, they have a chance.

From the statistics from the first game, the QB was the offense. If Graham can stop him they have a chance.

Graham 28

Cave Spring 27

I hope Graham pulls the upset but I see Cave Spring doing to them what Richlands did a few weeks ago.

Guest lookoutmountain

I did write Cave Springs and don't regret the typo. Afterall, many people get the name wrong of schools that haven't been worth a dam* over 30 years with the exception of a good team this year. Has anyone ever consider why people sometimes do Abington for Abingdon and Hayside for Haysi? Think about it. Notice how nobody gets teams like Gate City or Salem wrong or Amhurt for Amherst? There's a reason people get teams like Abingdon or Cave Spring wrong....it's because they haven't been worth a shi*, but for this year, Cave Spring is very good. I will not attempt to educate you parsondude, afterall, you are from Richlands, so why try that? I gave you the pick though and you mark it down....Cave Spring will beat Richlands by 10 points or more when they play at Cave Spring. Score,,,,,,33-21 in favor of that RiverRidge district that you think is so bad. The true part is....every team in the district is decent and even the bottom feeders of the district are tough.

I did write Cave Springs and don't regret the typo. Afterall, many people get the name wrong of schools that haven't been worth a dam* over 30 years with the exception of a good team this year. Has anyone ever consider why people sometimes do Abington for Abingdon and Hayside for Haysi? Think about it. Notice how nobody gets teams like Gate City or Salem wrong or Amhurt for Amherst? There's a reason people get teams like Abingdon or Cave Spring wrong....it's because they haven't been worth a shi*, but for this year, Cave Spring is very good. I will not attempt to educate you parsondude, afterall, you are from Richlands, so why try that? I gave you the pick though and you mark it down....Cave Spring will beat Richlands by 10 points or more when they play at Cave Spring. Score,,,,,,33-21 in favor of that RiverRidge district that you think is so bad. The true part is....every team in the district is decent and even the bottom feeders of the district are tough.

Tell us something we don't know....Anybody with a brain knows the River Ridge is a great district....a few years back, the SWD could hang....but the other programs are now doing what Graham and Gate city used to do years ago...and that's prepare and condition year-around.

The SWD teams need to drop to single A where they belong....they can't compete with the much larger schools come playoff time....especially when they get out of the region. All of the other sports have been getting their butts whooped for years, because of the enrollment mismatch. Sports in this part of the state have suffered long enough...Drop down to single A and compete with schools of similar enrollment and let the kids experience success.

Quick question: Why is Skylar Bunker back at Richlands?

He quit the Graham team then moved to Richlands and now playing there. Not sure why he did it. Probably wanted a shot at that championship ring.

....it's because they haven't been worth a shi*, but for this year, Cave Spring is very good. I will not attempt to educate you parsondude, afterall, you are from Richlands, so why try that? I gave you the pick though and you mark it down....Cave Spring will beat Richlands by 10 points or more when they play at Cave Spring. Score,,,,,,33-21 in favor of that RiverRidge district that you think is so bad. The true part is....every team in the district is decent and even the bottom feeders of the district are tough.

You certainly know how to twist words. I didn't say the River Ridge is "so bad". As a matter of fact, any team in that district would have finished 1st or 2nd in the SWD this year. My debate is with your assertion that picking Cave to beat Richlands by 10 or more is an easy pick. They haven't beat any team since Graham by more than 8 points , and they crawled into the ground and died when they played Salem, losing by 40+.

I personally see the game as a toss-up. Perhaps it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I always get a little irritated when folks garnish their predictions with "mark it down" or "book it." I'm a firm believer in the old Flairism, "to be the man, you have to beat the man," and Cave Spring over the last decade hasn't even challenged "the man".

He quit the Graham team then moved to Richlands and now playing there. Not sure why he did it. Probably wanted a shot at that championship ring.

He has a better shot at getting a ring at Richlands then at Graham but still won't when a ring. Their are so many other AA D3 schools in other regions that are unreal.

You certainly know how to twist words. I didn't say the River Ridge is "so bad". As a matter of fact, any team in that district would have finished 1st or 2nd in the SWD this year. My debate is with your assertion that picking Cave to beat Richlands by 10 or more is an easy pick. They haven't beat any team since Graham by more than 8 points , and they crawled into the ground and died when they played Salem, losing by 40+.

I personally see the game as a toss-up. Perhaps it's just a pet peeve of mine, but I always get a little irritated when folks garnish their predictions with "mark it down" or "book it." I'm a firm believer in the old Flairism, "to be the man, you have to beat the man," and Cave Spring over the last decade hasn't even challenged "the man".

Not to be an ass but per vhsl reference over the last decade they have made the playoffs five times beat salem when they won the state title in 2000. Finished with 8 wins or better four times. Went 9-1 in 2005 losing to salem 7-6 that year they went 14-0 and won the state title. I'm not sure about all the teams they play but they managed six winning seasons in their district and had a bad season in 2002 going 0-10 think that's when the split with hv ocurred not sure but I'd say they have been worth more than a shit. Someone should do a little research before making a statement like that. And to finish if cave and richlands play I'm sure it will be a great game but they both have to win this week. May the best team win.

Have to add one more thing they lost four games in 2004 one to salem 28-21 salem was state champions. lost to gretna 49-28 in the playoffs the year gretna won state with vic hall. They won two river ridge games that year going 2-3 in the district finised in the bottom half I would assume but competed with two state champions. All info per vhsl-reference.com if it is correct

If you're saying that picking Cave Spring to win by 10 over Richlands is an easy pick, I'd say you're a pretty poor prognosticator. They haven't defeated any opponent since Graham by more than 8 points.

They may win, and they may win by 10+, but I sure wouldn't bet on it.....and please, don't try to educate me on the strength of the River Ridge, we all know where the strength lies there, and its not in the lone division 3 team.

I think Richlands and cave will be a good game. However, the River Ridge is year in and year out one of, if not the best AA district in the state. For Cave Spring to come out of there with a 3-2 record, and be the only D3 team in the district says alot. I am not surprised that Cave Spring hasn't beaten anyone by more than 8 points. Every RR team is tough. Not too mention Alleghany and Northside who are both very good D3 teams. Cave's schedule has been brutal and to finish 8-2 tells me they have earned the right to be called the favorite in the region.

With all that being said, Roichlands has a shot at winning that game......Graham not so much.

Have to add one more thing they lost four games in 2004 one to salem 28-21 salem was state champions. lost to gretna 49-28 in the playoffs the year gretna won state with vic hall. They won two river ridge games that year going 2-3 in the district finised in the bottom half I would assume but competed with two state champions. All info per vhsl-reference.com if it is correct

Ok, I was wrong. In 2000, they did "beat the man". Since that time, they've won how many regional championships?

I'm correcting the post which you correctly pointed out was in error. It should have said,----I'm a firm believer in the old Flairism, "to be the man, you have to beat the man," and Cave Spring over the last EIGHT YEARS hasn't even challenged "the man."

Edited by parsons

Cave's schedule has been brutal and to finish 8-2 tells me they have earned the right to be called the favorite in the region.

I didn't take issue with making Cave the favorite. I didn't take issue with predicting Cave to win by 10+.........If you will read my posts, you will see that I said every team in the River Ridge would finish 1st or 2nd in the SWD. I took issue with his assertion that a 10+ point victory was an "easy pick" and to "mark it down".

Edited by parsons

Went 9-1 in 2005 losing to salem 7-6 that year they went 14-0 and won the state title. .

Yep, and lost to Liberty-Bedford 35-14 in the regional final........Can you remind me who beat Liberty the following week?

Edited by parsons

Ok, I was wrong. In 2000, they did "beat the man". Since that time, they've won how many regional championships?

I'm correcting the post which you correctly pointed out was in error. It should have said,----I'm a firm believer in the old Flairism, "to be the man, you have to beat the man," and Cave Spring over the last EIGHT YEARS hasn't even challenged "the man."

Didn't mean to touch a nerve big fella just saying they have competed with the man and yes they have beat the man and yes apparently losing to the d4 champion by a touchdown and a point over a two year period is definitely competing with the man. A school with 1300 kids year in and year out. I have no fight with you on this just stating some facts. Oh and those two games were within the last EIGHT YEARS