Who will Bluefield replace Scott with in 2010...

edrforshey

Looks like Scott has moved to the Cardinal Conference. Maybe that's why Bluefield is no longer on their schedule.

http://dailymail.com/Sports/PrepSports/200911170026

It's my understanding that after 2010, Scott will no longer play James Monroe because of the move to the Cardinal Conference. I also understand that JM picked up Nicholas County but at this time, only 8 games are scheduled. I believe (maybe wrong) that Graham couldn't be scheduled because their open dates were early in season and JM needs to replace the Wyoming East and Mt. View dates which are later in the season.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands, Powell Valley, Gretna, Giles, JI Burton, Clintwood, William Campbell, George Wythe, Radford, North Cross of Roanoke. All are very respectable opponents and would be more competitive than Scott.

I'm sure they are all too scared...

I'm sure they are all too scared...

Don't lump all of those schools in the same category as Richlands. And why is it the Richlands folks have such a hard-on for Bluefield? This thread had nothing to do with Richlands, but yet several of their fans have tried hijacking it. Worry about your own team...

Don't lump all of those schools in the same category as Richlands. And why is it the Richlands folks have such a hard-on for Bluefield? This thread had nothing to do with Richlands, but yet several of their fans have tried hijacking it. Worry about your own team...

First of all, it was a joke. Lighten up a little.

Secondly, I actually see fans from 5 different schools that posted on this thread, not that it matters. This is a discussion board. The last time I checked you didn't have to keep to threads about your respective schools.

First of all, it was a joke. Lighten up a little.

Secondly, I actually see fans from 5 different schools that posted on this thread, not that it matters. This is a discussion board. The last time I checked you didn't have to keep to threads about your respective schools.

Did you noticed, however, that those fans provided some valuable knowledge, opinions, etc. to the thread instead of flaming, snide, back-handed remarks? You can say whatever you like, but when you make back-handed comments don't expect to be met with a big, warm hug of hospitality.

I have to agree with Rules Richlands fans need to stop trying to turn every topic into something about us. This was about bluefield and there games next season so let's just leave it to that shall we. I am very interested in seeing bluefield take on the likes of Gretna not sure if it will ever happen but you talk about a game of the year haha.

You should really leave S. North out of the equation. They haven't been very good in years. They did make the playoffs this year, but then again who doesn't in TN?

I didn't see sullivan north mentioned, with all due respect you might have misread that,. I haven't ever read of them being very competitive myself either. Anyhow it's sullivan south bluefield used to play.

Edited by buzzsawBeaver

Did you noticed, however, that those fans provided some valuable knowledge, opinions, etc. to the thread instead of flaming, snide, back-handed remarks? You can say whatever you like, but when you make back-handed comments don't expect to be met with a big, warm hug of hospitality.

Alright, my bad man.

I would love to see Bluefield and Cave Spring play. Don't know if that could or would ever happen, but I'd bet it would be a good game.

Didn't Bluefield and Christiansburg scrimmage? how did that go?

I can't speak to the motivations of the other Bluefield fans and alums in the thread, but I think the big issue has always been about how West Virginia AA teams won't schedule Bluefield. That has always been the thing, just like how we ragged on Liberty-Raleigh for not wanting to play us. Doesn't help us when we knock out a WV AAA team on the cusp of the playoffs, either.

With the way the playoffs are determined in WV, that is why a lot of WV AA teams won't play us, if they consider a BHS win likely. I have no idea how it is handled in Virginia, but I don't think playing WV teams hurts much (if at all?).

I've got no idea about the Richlands situation, but I would like to see Bluefield play them regularly. Of course, I'd also like to see us play Pikeview (as if), Liberty-Raleigh, and any other AA teams that are a close drive.

I like the idea of the NC teams...when I come back to Georgia from Bluefield, I think it's only about an hour to the NC state line. Anything that is a 2 hour or less interstate drive isn't a bad game to schedule.

I can't speak to the motivations of the other Bluefield fans and alums in the thread, but I think the big issue has always been about how West Virginia AA teams won't schedule Bluefield. That has always been the thing, just like how we ragged on Liberty-Raleigh for not wanting to play us. Doesn't help us when we knock out a WV AAA team on the cusp of the playoffs, either.

With the way the playoffs are determined in WV, that is why a lot of WV AA teams won't play us, if they consider a BHS win likely. I have no idea how it is handled in Virginia, but I don't think playing WV teams hurts much (if at all?).

I've got no idea about the Richlands situation, but I would like to see Bluefield play them regularly. Of course, I'd also like to see us play Pikeview (as if), Liberty-Raleigh, and any other AA teams that are a close drive.

I like the idea of the NC teams...when I come back to Georgia from Bluefield, I think it's only about an hour to the NC state line. Anything that is a 2 hour or less interstate drive isn't a bad game to schedule.

My personal opinion is that Coach Damewood is doing a great job over at Pikeview. He has brought it back from the dead. He will get the kids out now after the great showing this year. But if he wants to take the next step, and become legit year in and year out maybe he should put Bluefield on the schedule.

My personal opinion is that Coach Damewood is doing a great job over at Pikeview. He has brought it back from the dead. He will get the kids out now after the great showing this year. But if he wants to take the next step, and become legit year in and year out maybe he should put Bluefield on the schedule.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not really in either coach's hands regarding the Bluefield/Pikeview situation. I think it's more of an administrative call.

I remember in the early 2000s when the teams still played where it got ugly not only on the field, but also in the stands several times.

Not a lot of love between these two schools, to say the least.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not really in either coach's hands regarding the Bluefield/Pikeview situation. I think it's more of an administrative call.

I remember in the early 2000s when the teams still played where it got ugly not only on the field, but also in the stands several times.

Not a lot of love between these two schools, to say the least.

Exactly. The problems with the players/fans is also the reason the Bluefield/Pikeview basketball games will soon be coming to an end (if they haven't already). Now I am not saying this because I am a graduate of Bluefield, but Pikeview's basketball team (aside from one or two) have to be some of the dirtiest, bush league players I've ever seen touch a court. And the fans that come to those games are no different. I heard the football games a while back between these two schools got very out of hand between the players and fans alike, so I wasn't suprised to see it start happening on the hardwood as well.