Tough loss for Richlands tonight, but........

CPF

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austin Johnson was by far the best athlete on the field, and several of the folks I was sitting with agreed that he's probably the most explosive player to ever suit up for Richlands.

What part of "to ever suit up for Richlands" is so confusing?

Only if the recruiting coord. at richlands does as good a job as he did with the johnson fellas. I think it will take more to get Hess than some i-pods and cell phones. Call me crazy but don't all these boys have a common denominator? They all play baseball as well.

No. Mr. Bulldog52 was sitting on his couch thinking of crap to post on here since his dogs didn't even make it to the semi-finals

Wow! Good one there! Let me know before hand when u post something else so I can laugh with ya! Wanker!

Only if the recruiting coord. at richlands does as good a job as he did with the johnson fellas. I think it will take more to get Hess than some i-pods and cell phones. Call me crazy but don't all these boys have a common denominator? They all play baseball as well.

basketball and baseball just so ya know.

I have watched Richlands football since the early 80s - I would have to say there has been alot of great players to wear the blue and white -- Shane Wicks is my all time favorite. You can't forget Caleb Jennings or Brandon Breeding both were great as was Robbie Cruey. Jack Ginn was probably the most consistent kicker, but Reece Strong is doing great kicking and is only a sophomore.

Shane though played with such heart and came up with big defensive plays when the Blues really needed it. I love defense -- offense is full of those glory boys -- defense is where the real men can be found.

I think bulldog 52 is going to come to Richlands and coach too...

How did you come up with this assumption? Because when i gave facts about something that happened? Good Lord! Guess you guys are still a little ill over the loss..

Interesting timing on your new membership.........second post and talking crap already, but I give you no credit for originality........like we haven't that about 100 times!!!!!!!

Did he have that many yards or is that a team stat? Either way, he was the difference. I heard he hadn't ran much all year. It was a good game plan for Cave Spring.

Richlands had a good year! Another 10-win season and another SWD title. They'll be back strong next year with 20 returning starters, and something like 8 seniors on defense.

Good luck to Cody Johnson, Cody Lee, Cody Parnell, Rusty Hess, and Kevin Delp!

Rusty Miller

No. Mr. Bulldog52 was sitting on his couch thinking of crap to post on here since his dogs didn't even make it to the semi-finals

no need to get mad over the truth. & the truth is, he just posted the stats.

i didn't go to the game, but i listened to it on the radio, & the QB killed richlands. no doubt about it. it seemed like he would convert every 3rd down play. & to convert something like 10 or 11...there's no denying it.

don't get mad at the guy just because he's from tazewell. richlands played good, but woodrum played better.

no need to get mad over the truth. & the truth is, he just posted the stats.

i didn't go to the game, but i listened to it on the radio, & the QB killed richlands. no doubt about it. it seemed like he would convert every 3rd down play. & to convert something like 10 or 11...there's no denying it.

don't get mad at the guy just because he's from tazewell. richlands played good, but woodrum played better.

Richlands did not play particularly well. They had way to many mistakes to win a game like this. I do agree that the QB for Cave Spring was the difference maker in the game. Richlands didn't get the ball to their difference maker enough!!! And I went to the game!

Richlands didn't get the ball to their difference maker enough!!! And I went to the game!

True. I'm certainly not claiming that I could ever do the job that our coaches have done, but I wish the Blues would have found a way to get the ball to Austin Johnson more. While Woodrum was very good running with the ball, he was running in open spaces created by a great gameplan by the Cave Spring coaching staff. Austin Johnson was making great plays on his own, looking very much like an Ahmad Bradshaw or Thomas Jones. Hidden Valley flat out could not contain him. That 87 yard run on the quickscreen was one of the greatest runs I've seen anyone make in high school ball.

All I can say is hope I Jack Vance can play some other position because it want be quarterback.Thats the rumor around school.

See, that's the kind of statement I just can't stand. Coach Mance will give the best performer the opportunity to start. If Jack wins the job, he'll start. Period. But you certainly have no way of knowing he won't play quarterback, because even coach Mance won't make that decision until he sees next year's team practice. Rumors around school from students don't mean squat. And don't worry, in case he doesn't start, Jack can play other positions, on defense and on offense.

That 87 yard run on the quickscreen was one of the greatest runs I've seen anyone make in high school ball.

He brought that thing from one side of the field to the other and then all the way back to the other side and to the end zone. That was more like a 130 yard run.