Congrats to Holston..Holston 30 Bath 7

WahooRoon

yeah,i don't like the turf ..why cant it be played at holston..clintwood raised a fuss last yr cause of it but i do think they have team speed.burton has a star back which scores their tds often..a team holds him up and well look what kelly and powell valley done..on another note,when you pick somebody to lose is fine..but the dryness of the posts usualy catches others attention ..just sayin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief...it can't be played at Holston because they don't have the facilities to host a state semi game. There are certain criteria that must be met set by the VHSL. I figured that such a great football person would know that. Anyway, I can give my opinion about the party being over if I choose to do so. I will eat crow if I am not right...or falcon for that matter.

Clintwoods stadium is bigger than Holston's, as well as their visitor seating is much larger. Clintwood's field is also bermuda. Last time i was at Holston they didn't have much visitor seating, has that changed.

Holston has very little seating and the field is pretty bad.

Clintwoods field is one of the top 5 non turf fields in the area. It is very nice

Holston's stadium is an indictment on the Washington County School Board and that district's member in particular. The field is great. The visitor seating is the problem. Holston's A.D. got a great deal on additional seating last year, but the admin shot it down. Funny that the school board can spend 100,000 to RUIN abingdon's field but can't do anything to help the only team that has been in the playoffs the last 3 years. I think the game should be played in almighty falcon stadium. The 3 inches of mud would slow Miles at least a little.

Oh, and Viva, the only reason you were attacked here was that this thread originated by one of your Wythe County breathren as a congratulations to a fellow Hogo team and you had to jump on and place snide remarks. Your opinion is totally valid. Playing on turf will make the speed thing only more enhanced. It will be a huge challenge for the Cavs.

But, your snide comments are why you've been attacked. You've seen Holston play four quarters. They've played 48 quarters so far this year and two and a half of those were even if not ahead of your mighty maroons. Therefore, your quote "Holston hasn't shown me anything" was based upon 1 and 1/2 quarters of the season, out of 48. Why don't you ask 11 experienced football coaches - meaning american football not soccer, whether Holston has shown them anything?

Oh, and you can add Abingdon and Coeburn's coaching staff also. But, I'm sure that you are smarter than all of them since Holston hasn't shown you anything. By the way, I used to coach little league soccer, where we didn't have off-sides, can you explain that to me?

I wasn't talking about any of the coaches the last time I checked. I never said it was anyone at Holston's fault that the stadium hasn't been updated. I just said that the facilities weren't up to VSHL standards to host that game. Clintwood does have the seating and the proper visitor bathrooms etc. Having at E & H will probably be an advantage for JIB. They have played on an artificial surface numerous times before. I think that the schedule Burton plays will be better served for them in a tight game. By the way smart guy last time I checked coaches don't make plays, players do. You could have brought Bear Bryant back from the grave and Battle wouldn't have won many games in certain years.

wooow..the birds are back..nothin in abingdon goin on so they come on over to stirr it up..good tweety..you did your job..richlands and their football team thank you for running off the talent you had in hess.as for coaching..maybe you can buy another one

Falconman - my responses were meant for Viva - the soccer guy. BUT, I agree with everyone - WHY would Holston's admin give Burton the advantage and play on the turf at E & H? Why not Abingdon? Why not PH? Both clearly meet the VHSL seating reaquirements. E & H plays right into Burton's hands.

wooow..the birds are back..nothin in abingdon goin on so they come on over to stirr it up..good tweety..you did your job..richlands and their football team thank you for running off the talent you had in hess.as for coaching..maybe you can buy another one

No one in their right mind would coach at Abingdon. I'm an athletic booster there. I have a child in athletics there. No one in their right mind would step up to coach football there. That's just the way it is.

..a team holds him up and well look what kelly and powell valley done.

As with Abingdon....

Against Kelly: 188 yards

Against PV: 146 yards, 15 carries

Totaling just a few yards under 2,000 heading into the Holston game, averaging around 9.6 a carry.

He's got a brother that's pretty solid too, along with some other good ones.

Edited by Beamerball

Falconman - my responses were meant for Viva - the soccer guy. BUT, I agree with everyone - WHY would Holston's admin give Burton the advantage and play on the turf at E & H? Why not Abingdon? Why not PH? Both clearly meet the VHSL seating reaquirements. E & H plays right into Burton's hands.

Our boys do not want to play at PH or Abingdon...come on....they are excited about playing at Emory. Before dogging the decisions that were made, you should know all the facts that go into making those decisions. Plus our administration doesn't have the final say....VHSL does.

we done played there and kicked a--! we wont the turf, we wont Emory!! plenty of room for tailgating!!!!!!

lol, We'll see how much you enjoy chasing Martinez Miles all day saturday. Let me know how you feel about that turf then. You do know that turf favors the team with more speed...right? And Burton has a HUGE speed advantage on Holston..not just Miles, but pretty much at every position.

Holstons best chance was to get this game on grass and play it in poor weather conditions, then I believe they could have pulled the upset

upset?k,this is the semis..if you lose then you still gotta say you had a great season..but to do it 2times in a row is great..as far as where the game should be played,well why wouldn't wash.co school board get sum money flowing over to damascus..they are in need of more seating and other things around the field..k,we know this miles kid is a great back..but one man can't win a game..but,i'm ready to PLAY BALL to see who goes to salem.forecast says we may get sum snow and pretty cold..i luv it

There is more than one Miles kid on the team......they are cousins as far as I know...My wife works with Maliks mom...

both are fast..as is majority of the team...

its gonna take a perfect game by Holston if Burton plays their A game...to compete.

Burton having a bad day..Still tough to beat them..

Our boys do not want to play at PH or Abingdon...come on....they are excited about playing at Emory. Before dogging the decisions that were made, you should know all the facts that go into making those decisions. Plus our administration doesn't have the final say....VHSL does.

You are right. The kids will love playing there and remember it forever. You are also right in that i dont know why or how the decision was reached.

But I just think that after three years of going to the playoffs, our stadium should be good enough to host a state semi game. If it isnt, then whatever option gives us the best advantage should be chosen. As far as who made the call, I dont know but the decision was made before we beat bath. It's my understanding that the vhsl wouldve made its decision after the bath game.

I love playing on turf. Nothing better in my opinion than playing on turf. But when you are not as fast as the other team, I don't know how smart that is. If I was calling it, I would have tried to get movable bleechers and put them inside Holston's stadium.

Not quite right.

Your admin. HAS the say as to where... they coulda done like Essex (seating-800) or Poquoson last year and brought in portables. They coulda picked PH or Abingdon. But they picked E&H, THEN all the VHSL did was rubber-stamp it.

As to WHY E&H & not Ab or PH - my guess is that the admins are taking a jab at the SB.