Bluefield v. Wayne -- State Championship

Bluefield_Rules

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. I liked the way WOAY on Comcast cable did it better. Have the tape delay at 11:30 later that night. Now that Network WV has the rights on Sudden Link I can't have my mother tape the game for me where she has Comcast and I have Dish Network.

Note for all who are going to listen online...the broadcast will be in the same place, here:

http://www.network1sports.com/stations/wkoy.asp

...but will not be the Bob Redd/Larry (whatshisname) doing it, it's Fred Persinger.

Something I'm curious about...when Bob Redd calls the games, the audio sounds AWFUL. It sounds like they call in on a 5 year old cell phone. I don't remember it sounding that awful back in the days of Jim Nelson calling the games...did WKOY get cheap on how they send the signal back to the station? The audio tonight sounds really good, like a different world.

Didn't know that BLF had changed it's nickname from "nature's air-conditioned city" to the "airconditioner of the south" the pregame background of the schools and history has been the absolutely the most misinformed and poorly researched i've ever heard. I would think that they would at least look at the WIKI page for each city.

Didn't know that BLF had changed it's nickname from "nature's air-conditioned city" to the "airconditioner of the south" the pregame background of the schools and history has been the absolutely the most misinformed and poorly researched i've ever heard. I would think that they would at least look at the WIKI page for each city.

Yep, I heard that and cringed. Ugh. That was a previously-recorded piece, looks like they could have checked it and fixed it.