Bluefield v. Wayne -- State Championship

Bluefield_Rules

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Fox has been on heckuva player this year for Bluefield. Who could have predicted this kid's insanely productive impact on this season. What a sophomore coming out party for Fox this season. I'm very anxious to see what happens in his remaining career.

Wayne had 278 yards total offense. Bluefield only runs 31 plays for 91 yards. Pretty amazing, we did it with defense, a 98 yard interception return, and a 98 yard fumble return.

If not for the smart, heady defense, we probably would have lost this game. We turned two Wayne red zone possessions into two Bluefield touchdowns.

This game is going to be determined by who makes the least mistakes.

With the post-game, noting that we only had two first downs in the game (that can't be correct, can it?), and less than 100 total yards...the key was the 5 turnovers by Wayne.

With the post-game, noting that we only had two first downs in the game (that can't be correct, can it?), and less than 100 total yards...the key was the 5 turnovers by Wayne.

They had 10 turnovers when Bluefield rolled them 69-24 in the Championship game a few years back...I guess that makes this Wayne team only half as bad...

Congrats to bluefield, that said congrats to the wayne pioneers as well, they're without a doubt the states 2nd best aa program, they've been very strong for 10 seasons.

Bluefield simply has an exceptional d and playmakers who make things happen. That was the difference in this game.

They had a very bendable d, but inside the 20 they were something special all season overall. It wasn't really any different against magnolia the week before.

But that said, congrats to them all, the fans, players, the coaches, band, everyone.

# 10 in my opinion is a monumental milestone for everyone associated with bluefield, past and present.

Can somebody tell me if this game will be on tv?

I went to the tv guide menu and looked to tomorrow night and i couldnt find anything

They kept saying it will be on SuddenLink cable tomorrow (Saturday) at 8:00 pm, I think. I have no idea who has SuddenLink cable, though...I've never heard of it.