N. Suh for Heisman

mnhokie

The Heisman trophy is bestowed to the individual voted as the best college football player in the nation. Without a doubt the best player I saw this year was N. Suh from Nebraska. To take nothing from the "skill" players, Suh dominated the game like I have never seen an interior player dominate. He was virtually unblockable the entire year. I am a former D-Lineman so I may be a bit biased, but with no skill players standing out this year I feel he deserves the Heisman. That being said I am 100 % sure he will not get it, but he may be invited to the ceremony.

The Heisman trophy is bestowed to the individual voted as the best college football player in the nation. Without a doubt the best player I saw this year was N. Suh from Nebraska. To take nothing from the "skill" players, Suh dominated the game like I have never seen an interior player dominate. He was virtually unblockable the entire year. I am a former D-Lineman so I may be a bit biased, but with no skill players standing out this year I feel he deserves the Heisman. That being said I am 100 % sure he will not get it, but he may be invited to the ceremony.

Yea he probably wont get it unfortunatly but I hope he gets invited so he can get some recognition on what a great and solid year he has had.

Suh is without a doubt the most dominant player I saw this year. Without him, Nebraska would have been significantly worse off this year. Gerhart (sp) is a horse for Stanford, but Suh is just a special player, a true beast.

Suh is without a doubt the most dominant player I saw this year. Without him, Nebraska would have been significantly worse off this year. Gerhart (sp) is a horse for Stanford, but Suh is just a special player, a true beast.

They are two of the better players this year but Suh won't get it b/c he is on Defense and Gerhart won't get it because no one knew about him until midway through the season. This is a sad sad thing I mush say!!

How about the people in U.S. vote, that would be something else although most people would just vote for their favorite player instead of the best player.

Clemson's CJ Spiller is the best Heisman candidate.

He won't even sniff it though because his team isn't playing for a national championship.

Wins and ranking aside, he's the best.

Clemson's CJ Spiller is the best Heisman candidate.

He won't even sniff it though because his team isn't playing for a national championship.

Wins and ranking aside, he's the best.

I think he is up there at the top and should be getting recognition after his 4 TD and 230+ yards, just rushing, against georgia tech.

Suh is a dominant force but Ingram is the best player in the nation. He is the type of back you can give the rock to 35-40 times a game and he keeps churning out chunks of yardage. The heisman race is no contest. Ingram wins in a landslide.

I have always believed the Heisman should be awarded after the bowl games. Sometmes the winner has a horrific bowl performance, and more than once there has been second guessing. Gino Toretta comes to mind. Bama's defense had him running scared in the 1992-93 National Championship game, and I don't believe he would have gotten the vote if it had been held after that game. I'm sure there are other examples. I just don't see the rush in giving the award before the bowl games are played.

That said, Alabama has never had a Heisman winner in their history, and for that reason I would love to see Mark Ingram win. However, if McCoy wins, I think that is motivation for Bama in the NC game. Unfortunately, that works both ways.

Edited by blueinbama