2010 SWD talk...

Lance

I'm bored and sick of snow...let's talk some football lol...

so what do you guys expect from the SWD teams next year?

Grundy gets pretty much everyone back, plus rumors are that they will have a couple of big linemen out next year...I'm pretty excited to see how this plays out, Grundy hasn't really had a big line since the Luke Owens days...a couple of 6ft+ 300 pounders to run behind would be a nice and welcomed change...that is if you can get Plymal in check...I think they might have a a shot at the best year since the 2004 team next year.

Richlands...well...I expect more of the same from them...always a strong program.

Marion...how many people are they losing? The Johnson kid is just fun to watch...if he stays healthy I expect a huge year from him next season.

Abingdon....well...same as Richlands, just take out the "strong program" part.

Graham....what's going to happen up in G-man land? Changes? How many starters are they going to lose?

Tazewell....big rumors of a lot of changes...will be interesting to see how this plays out...you know the politics at Tazewell.

Carroll County...I never know what's going on down there?

Overall...I think we might see one of the best years in a long time in the SWD...the expanded playoffs will give most of the teams a chance to move on to post-season again...and, sadly...this might be the last year that you see all of the long time SWD teams together with the changes coming and re-alignment around the corner with the VHSL...sure, football will go on, but for those of us who have been long time fans of the SWD, this might be the last dance.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure Graham loses every starter on offense except two.

Defense they lose everybody except 2 or 3.

They lose David Marrs, who was the Graham Football Team, along with Torren Byrd, who was leading reciever, and Tanner Howell and Zach Mikel, who were the main running/full backs, and they lose everyone on the line except one.

Defensive wise they lose there whole line but keep a couple linebackers if im not mistaken, and keep one in their secondary.

People will have to step up big next year if they want to be succesful.

Richlands is missing something and I can't put my finger on it. I want to say they need some leadership but I don't know. Maybe some inexperience at a key position. They scored alot of points this year but it was a barn yard football type of scoring, just throw it up and I will run under it. I could see them doing about the same next year as they did this year.

Grundy gets pretty much everyone back, plus rumors are that they will have a couple of big linemen out next year...I'm pretty excited to see how this plays out, Grundy hasn't really had a big line since the Luke Owens days...a couple of 6ft+ 300 pounders to run behind would be a nice and welcomed change...that is if you can get Plymal in check...I think they might have a a shot at the best year since the 2004 team next year.

Grundy does return most of there starters, they only lose one guy that started both ways.

I haven't heard of any 6ft 300 pound guys goin out for football next year...They lost one big lineman (not really tall but pretty wide) because he was eneligbe to play because of grades and another lineman got hurt near the end of the year but he didn't play much as it was.

so what do you guys expect from the SWD teams next year?

Grundy does return most of there starters, they only lose one guy that started both ways.

I haven't heard of any 6ft 300 pound guys goin out for football next year...They lost one big lineman (not really tall but pretty wide) because he was eneligbe to play because of grades and another lineman got hurt near the end of the year but he didn't play much as it was.

yep...the one with the grades...big kid...he's one of them that is supposed to be out next year...from what i hear he's got everything straightened out now.

Then...if I could get my Yoda voice going "....There is another"....lol.

Richlands is missing something and I can't put my finger on it. I want to say they need some leadership but I don't know. Maybe some inexperience at a key position. They scored alot of points this year but it was a barn yard football type of scoring, just throw it up and I will run under it. I could see them doing about the same next year as they did this year.

With the kids they got coming back I see a 10-0 or 9-1 season. Richlands will have 18 returning starters. If they get off to a quick start it would not surprise me to see them playing 13 or 14 games in 2010.

With the kids they got coming back I see a 10-0 or 9-1 season. Richlands will have 18 returning starters. If they get off to a quick start it would not surprise me to see them playing 13 or 14 games in 2010.

You blow more than the team!

Yeah, as of yesterday...... Thought he was hurt couldn't play football no more.... What a joke.....

That is a joke. Doubt the kid decided to go on his own either, Richlands stragey is to try to develop good players which they usually do and if there weak at a postiton we go recurit a player or basically steal him from another school.

That is a joke. Doubt the kid decided to go on his own either, Richlands stragey is to try to develop good players which they usually do and if there weak at a postiton we go recurit a player or basically steal him from another school.

this is just silly...come on you know better than that....lol.

Did Richlands lose the Johnson kids and the Strong kid this year? If not then they don't need a QB...is Lockhart a SR next year?

this is just silly...come on you know better than that....lol.

Did Richlands lose the Johnson kids and the Strong kid this year? If not then they don't need a QB...is Lockhart a SR next year?

I don't find it silly at all haha, do you actually think Lockhart who had been going to Tazewell his whole hs carrer I think and was the starter last year and has his job guranted for next year decided himself he just wanted to go to Richlands?

If you do I find it weak haha, im sure some Richland fans will find a exuse for him to go but like I said before, someone had to convince him, not very surprizing though.

You don't play little league in Tazewell middle school ball and your first three years of high school ball at the then leave to go 20 min down the road I don't care who you are

as many athletes around here are seeing, playing football in Richlands is a great opportunity. If you're a competitor you want to win, (based on the past 5 or 6 years), who can argue wanting to play for richlands? you are bettering yourself as a player while winning more games & championships.

it might not seem right to you guys, but that might be the best decision for him and his family. he makes the decisions for himself, and i assure you he wouldn't have transferred if he didn't feel like it was the best option for him & his family.

as many athletes around here are seeing, playing football in Richlands is a great opportunity. If you're a competitor you want to win, (based on the past 5 or 6 years), who can argue wanting to play for richlands? you are bettering yourself as a player while winning more games & championships.

it might not seem right to you guys, but that might be the best decision for him and his family. he makes the decisions for himself, and i assure you he wouldn't have transferred if he didn't feel like it was the best option for him & his family.

It's BULL!

Wonder how many kids ever transfered to Tazewell to play baseball. I believe there is a Pro pitcher out there that was from a different school zone that went to Tazewell. I heard he came there because of the great baseball program, go figure.

Edited by mrb