Looks like another big snow friday.

bigcotton

way to really tell here in bluefield how much we got wind has blown it everywhere with some good drifts but no where near what they were calling for i don't think but this is me just looking outside...very light and powdery snow and snow looks to be virtually already over...my brother said he got over 10 inches in Hickory,NC

Just finished clearing the driveway here in Bluefield, VA. 6-7 inches. The snow is less powdery than I would have thought considering the temperatures. There is also a bit of a crust on top.

Just finished clearing the driveway here in Bluefield, VA. 6-7 inches. The snow is less powdery than I would have thought considering the temperatures. There is also a bit of a crust on top.

Yep, same here...6"-8" in my yard and anywhere from 4" to 12+" in my driveway (depending on drift). This snow was not close to being light and powdery...I dare you to tell my back that after shoveling the driveway...

got about at least 8 maybe 10 inches where I'm at here in Bluefield...very little traffic trying to drive up the hill that I live on...last snow I helped push several people up the street, haven't had to do that so far.

Yep, same here...6"-8" in my yard and anywhere from 4" to 12+" in my driveway (depending on drift). This snow was not close to being light and powdery...I dare you to tell my back that after shoveling the driveway...

Sounds like you're starting to join me in that middle age pain thing. It was both my shoulders today.

Now on to potential winter storm threat #3....similar to the first one maybe. System out of the gulf tracking northeast, rain initially, double barrell low phases near us, rain to heavy snow??

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/18/images/gfs_pcp_126m.gif

http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/gfs/18/images/gfs_pcp_132m.gif

Bring on spring.

i saw they are already calling for more snow next weekend...this is getting really old...i hate winter.

Doesn't matter if it knocks out power though, AEP has jacked everyones bill up so high now that no one will have power in a month or so anyway!

moisture via gfs is going to be here but may be more of an ice/mix event this time....unless something changes no big snow for this area...but wait till friday..(it shows up fri night)then we will no for sure....ha ha

The GFS is the warmest of the models though I think but its slowly coming around. Got to remember that phasing aspect and dynamic cooling with this kind of system also. If phasing occurs, then it could mean a much better snow situation, if not then probably more likely rain. Of course, that's just with the way its looking now. Like you say, still a way off though, plenty to change...could be an all rain event, or nothing, by the time it rolls around. With as much precip as its putting out, I'd be hoping for either snow or rain, rather than ice though, haha.

As much as the grounds are getting saturated, as already were even before much of this, and then March and April just around the corner, is the next threat down the road major flooding? Yay.....

Edited by Beamerball