Official 2010 Atlanta Braves thread

bluefieldRocks

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Braves down 4 of the last 5 and I would cut them some slack against the Mets and the Marlins...stuff happens...but the Pirates???? no excuse for losing to the Pirates much less 2 in a row.

Me too. Left 2 wins on the table in that series. I feel like it's a football game with Atlanta this year. I just want the regular season to end, like the time ticking off the clock at the end of the game.

yeah...i have that same "up by 1 with 30 seconds left on the clock and the other team is driving" feeling...lol.

As a long time Braves fan you would think that by now I would know better than to get my hopes up every year, but it's hard not to do...lol.

Braves looking squarely at the Wild Card now. Just 1.5 games up on the Giants...

like you said before its down to the head to head vs. the phillies...thats whats going to decide it i think.

This made me laugh...at least they won tonight...3 back still...not as bad as it could be...still some hope.

Wagner got save #34 as well...great year he is having!

Braves' Cox ejected for 158th time in career

NEW YORK (AP) -Atlanta manager Bobby Cox has been ejected for taking exception with umpire Bill Hohn's strike zone in the second inning of the Braves game against the New York Mets.

Cox was displeased with Hohn's call on ball four to Ike Davis and was tossed by the umpire immediately as he came out of the dugout. It was his fifth ejection of the year and extended his own major league-record with the 158th of his career.

Retiring at the end of the season, Cox lasted just two batters into the second inning of the first game of his final road trip to Citi Field. After David Wright flied out to right field, Tommy Hanson walked Davis.

Cox argued with Hohn, then Hohn stepped back and Cox walked up the line and briefly spoke with first base umpire Gary Darling.

Those two series against the Phils won't matter unless Atlanta stops losing to the cellar dwellers of the National League.

Lets go Phills!!!! Haha. Sorry had to do it. Ive been a Phillies fan since i was 11.

12 games to go, Braves lead the Wild Card by 2 games. Just make it, baby.

3 back from the Phillies... and going to Philly tomorrow for the start of a 3 game series...

FWIW, I sort of like our chances because Philadelphia has won 7 straight. I wouldn't bet on a Braves win, but it's hard to stay much hotter than that in baseball.

Hopefully we can cut into the division lead. 3 games back with 6 left against the Phillies.

3 back from the Phillies... and going to Philly tomorrow for the start of a 3 game series...

FWIW, I sort of like our chances because Philadelphia has won 7 straight. I wouldn't bet on a Braves win, but it's hard to stay much hotter than that in baseball.

Hopefully we can cut into the division lead. 3 games back with 6 left against the Phillies.

The Rockies won 21 of their last 22 a few years back, then won 8 of their next 9 to get to the World Series. It's not impossible to stay white-hot for over a month like that. I am not in the least concerned about catching the Phillies: you have to beat quality opponents to advance anyway. I just want to hang onto that Wild Card, which is easier said than done.

Philly scares me.

The Rockies won 21 of their last 22 a few years back, then won 8 of their next 9 to get to the World Series. It's not impossible to stay white-hot for over a month like that. I am not in the least concerned about catching the Phillies: you have to beat quality opponents to advance anyway. I just want to hang onto that Wild Card, which is easier said than done.

Philly scares me.

I'll be the first to say that Philly scares me too. Look back to the early stages of this thread and I've said all along that the Braves were playing for the Wild Card this season. Philly is arguably the second-best team in the MLB, I believe. That being said, while I think it's very possible for Philadelphia to stay hot, streaks like the Rockies had are usually the exception, not exactly the rule.

I agree about hanging onto the Wild Card, and with only 12 games left for the Braves, 6 being against the Phillies, I don't like the added pressure of the Washington and Florida series that are sandwiched between the two series against the Phillies.

as long as we make it to the playoffs i'm happy, but it would be nice to win the division again...been a while.

Nats had the Phills beat today and let them pull it out...I think the Braves match up well with them and can at least split the 6 games...wont do us much good but maybe we can get lucky and swipe an extra game and win out whats left...

going to be interesting.

as long as we make it to the playoffs i'm happy, but it would be nice to win the division again...been a while.

Nats had the Phills beat today and let them pull it out...I think the Braves match up well with them and can at least split the 6 games...wont do us much good but maybe we can get lucky and swipe an extra game and win out whats left...

going to be interesting.

Or maybe we could sweep the braves.... ;)