Official 2010 Atlanta Braves thread

bluefieldRocks

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been waiting for this for a few years now, we only got one World Championship out of winning the East all those years, so now maybe we can be like the marlins and win it as the WC.

i think we can give the Giants a good run for it...now lets hope that the Reds can knock off the Phillys for us lol.

I think the Lowe vs Lincy match up is the key...we have a legit shot to win that first game.

How bout it!

I got jealous watching the Reds and the other teams celebrate, I'm glad the Braves got to do it...

I'm so pissed at myself for letting my wife talk me into leaving about 30 minutes before this happened. I suffered through the REO Speedwagon concert and everything, but then the sun went behind the stadium and it was "cold", and we had to drive 6 hours, and she had to be up early for work...blah, blah, blah...

A once in a life time opportunity to celebrate a playoff berth with your lifelong favorite team, with only a few hundred other fans, and you miss it by 30 minutes. I was depressed all the way home.

Edit: Well not too depressed, cause...THE BRAVES ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!! WOO HOO!! :D

I'm so pissed at myself for letting my wife talk me into leaving about 30 minutes before this happened. I suffered through the REO Speedwagon concert and everything, but then the sun went behind the stadium and it was "cold", and we had to drive 6 hours, and she had to be up early for work...blah, blah, blah...

A once in a life time opportunity to celebrate a playoff berth with your lifelong favorite team, with only a few hundred other fans, and you miss it by 30 minutes. I was depressed all the way home.

Edit: Well not too depressed, cause...THE BRAVES ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!! WOO HOO!! :D

you must learn to tune out the nag.

my wife hates it because i will not leave a game...i'm usually the last one out of the stands lol...I've been to Grundy games where we were on either side of a 50 point blowout and i'm still up in the stands lol...only time I think I have left a game early was at a hockey game years ago, and that was only because i ate a hot dog or something that made me sick as a dog.

So, if any of you guys ever end up going to a game with me, dig in for the long haul...lol...because I'm not leaving early lol.

you must learn to tune out the nag.

my wife hates it because i will not leave a game...i'm usually the last one out of the stands lol...I've been to Grundy games where we were on either side of a 50 point blowout and i'm still up in the stands lol...only time I think I have left a game early was at a hockey game years ago, and that was only because i ate a hot dog or something that made me sick as a dog.

So, if any of you guys ever end up going to a game with me, dig in for the long haul...lol...because I'm not leaving early lol.

Yep, I definitely need to hone my skills in that category. That why I said I was mad at myself...I couldn't really be mad at her, cause she didn't really understand the significance of being there for that. I should have never gave in to her. And to be honest I didn't expect the players to come back out onto the field and celebrate, like they did.

Lets get some predictions going for the playoff.

National League

NLDS

Braves over Giants

Phillies over Reds

NLCS

Phillies over Braves

American League

ALDS

Yankees over Twins

Rangers over Rays

ALCS

Rangers over Yankees

World Series

Phillies over Rangers

Lets get some predictions going for the playoff.

National League

NLDS

Braves over Giants

Phillies over Reds

NLCS

Phillies over Braves

American League

ALDS

Yankees over Twins

Rangers over Rays

ALCS

Rangers over Yankees

World Series

Phillies over Rangers

With all that being said. I'm hoping the Reds beat the Phillies, because I think the Braves would have a better chance against the Reds in the NLCS. And of course my heart says the Braves will win it all, but my brain says otherwise.

With all that being said. I'm hoping the Reds beat the Phillies, because I think the Braves would have a better chance against the Reds in the NLCS. And of course my heart says the Braves will win it all, but my brain says otherwise.

Reds are stinking it up already.

Reds are stinking it up already.

Halladay is just incredible, masterful pitching performance tonight. Still hoping the Braves will get a shot at the Phillies in the NLCS but I'm not very confident about that.

Rangers over Rays (had this before the game today)

Yankees over Twins

Giants over Braves

Phillies over Reds (same as above)

Yankess over Rangers

Phillies over Giants

WS

Phillies over Yankees in 6

My guess (well, it doesn't seem like a guess since I'm picking the two highest payrolls in these playoffs) is that the Phillies and Yankees will face in the World Series. And I think Jeter, Mo, Pettitte, Posada will get their last (and make it 28 for this organization).

Since I don't care as much about the AL, I'm saying that the Phillies will beat the Braves in 5 games to clinch the NL.

Man I hope I'm wrong.

There have been quite a few questionable calls from umpires already this post-season. Of course, that didn't cost Atlanta the game. When you strike out 14 times as well as swing and miss at 31 pitches (the most by any major league team this year) you don't deserve to win.

There have been quite a few questionable calls from umpires already this post-season. Of course, that didn't cost Atlanta the game. When you strike out 14 times as well as swing and miss at 31 pitches (the most by any major league team this year) you don't deserve to win.

batters adjust for ump strike zones...if an ump is calling everything that hits the barn door a strike they will swing at anything close to the barn door as a result....wasn't really the case here with the Braves but it probably had more to do with Halladay than one might think...Reds were swinging at anything close and getting a lot of crappy hits as a result instead of driving the ball.

Lincy was just on his game last night and we couldn't touch him...I hope if the Phillys and Giants move on thats the match up we get Lincy vs. Halladay...could stand to see that a couple of times.

once again the Braves had 2 errors last night...if that doesnt stop we wont win a game.

I mean, that's gotta be it, right? We can't come back from a loss like that, especially with Conrad in the field. 3 errors today, 5 errors in the past two games. I feel terrible for him, but we just can't get it done if he's our everyday guy.