Southbound and Falconman

kineticks

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha very funny, NOT!!! But, the blue represents the heart of Va and you all know that without the heart pumping the blood throughout, there is no life in the extremities.:D Put that on the tshirt! :D

Abingdon has beat Richlands recently is pretty much every sport except football. They're like UVA. Good at most every sport but suck at the one that matters most.

I wouldn't defend the knuckleheads, but that's good enough for some people. I, for one, am happy with the 3rd place finish in the Director's Cup, even though the fall is a long, lonely time. Perhaps they are too. And I would be sympathetic with that view.

Now, I know better than to crow about UVA's football excellence, which hasn't existed since 1998, save 2 brief flashes ('02, '07)

That's where I fault the knuckleheads...

Haha very funny, NOT!!! But, the blue represents the heart of Va and you all know that without the heart pumping the blood throughout, there is no life in the extremities.:D Put that on the tshirt! :D

It looks more like the left gonad to me.

i have to say that map is very incorrect and childish grow up duece

No, I'd say that map is very correct. Ask anyone east of Roanoke if they've heard of Abingdon, and 90% of people will say "no". Perhaps there should be 3 options: (1) people who care about Abingdon; (2) people who couldn't give half a crap about Abingdon; (3) where in the #$%^ is Abingdon?

Deuce, could you make a map like this? ;)

Abingdon is a very historic town so if u mention abingdon they will know exactly what town you are talking about! Abingdon is in the history books but i have to say they would have no clue about the football program because of our past seasons but i believe this will change in the future!

Abingdon is a very historic town so if u mention abingdon they will know exactly what town you are talking about! Abingdon is in the history books but i have to say they would have no clue about the football program because of our past seasons but i believe this will change in the future!

I would bet my house that I could go to Charlottesville tomorrow, pull 100 random people off the streets, and 51 or more wouldn't know where Abingdon is. I'd also be willing to bet that 1 out of every 4 would confuse "Abingdon" with "Abington", a NOVA high school, and think I was talking about that.

Abingdon has some history, yes. Not "very historic", but some. Nevertheless, it's something to hang your hat on. I do hope Abingdon gets better, and I do appreciate your optimism.

I would bet my house that I could go to Charlottesville tomorrow, pull 100 random people off the streets, and 51 or more wouldn't know where Abingdon is. I'd also be willing to bet that 1 out of every 4 would confuse "Abingdon" with "Abington", a NOVA high school, and think I was talking about that.

Abingdon has some history, yes. Not "very historic", but some. Nevertheless, it's something to hang your hat on. I do hope Abingdon gets better, and I do appreciate your optimism.

I agree. I went to VT and for folks from the other areas of the state, whether that be near DC, VA Beach, Lynchburg, Richmond, or Charlottesville... it was nearly impossible to describe where Chilhowie was. You'd start by saying, "Do you know where Abingdon or Marion are?" "No? What about Bristol?" "No? Ok, well... exit 35 on I81, near Tennessee."

More times than not, they have never heard of any of the towns any of us on this board are from. And if they've heard of Bristol, it's only because of the signs on the interstate.. surprisingly not because of Nascar.

just for the record, Richlands has a better band as well lol.

Disagree there - and if you look at the posts after last year's Abingdon/Richlands game, even the Richlands folks posts, where abingdon played Led Zepplin and Richlands band played Beethoven, or Bach or Mozart, or something elso that no one knows, you will see that the Falcon Band Rules.

Now, don't disagree on the rest. But, will have to pick a fight on the falcon band.

Look, I'm far from an Abingdon defender, however, I travel all over this state regularly on business and 95 percent of those I deal with know where Abingdon is. Now, I'm dealing with intelligent people, mostly in the legal justice system. And, I'm dealing with people expecting to deal with me, so that is probably some of it. However, Abingdon has a Federal Court. That's a big deal with people who are in the legal system and who are in business. The Martha Washington, Barter, etc. are also important. Many of the types of folks I deal with regularly have been to those places.

Jeeez. Why is this conversation relevant? If 95 percent of the entire world knew about Abingdon, that wouldn't make their football team better, would it?

Look, I'm far from an Abingdon defender, however, I travel all over this state regularly on business and 95 percent of those I deal with know where Abingdon is. Now, I'm dealing with intelligent people, mostly in the legal justice system. And, I'm dealing with people expecting to deal with me, so that is probably some of it. However, Abingdon has a Federal Court. That's a big deal with people who are in the legal system and who are in business. The Martha Washington, Barter, etc. are also important. Many of the types of folks I deal with regularly have been to those places.

Jeeez. Why is this conversation relevant? If 95 percent of the entire world knew about Abingdon, that wouldn't make their football team better, would it?

And the bolded part is exactly why 95% of those you deal with know about Abingdon.

Even said so yourself. ;)

Disagree there - and if you look at the posts after last year's Abingdon/Richlands game, even the Richlands folks posts, where abingdon played Led Zepplin and Richlands band played Beethoven, or Bach or Mozart, or something elso that no one knows, you will see that the Falcon Band Rules.

Now, don't disagree on the rest. But, will have to pick a fight on the falcon band.

I hate to agree with you, but you are right. The tornado band "use" to be one of the best in all of Virginia but has had some hard times the last couple of years. They are still a good band, but not what they once were. But I'll say that they will come back. They have a lot of backing also.

I don't know about the falcon band rules though.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Certainly not the Brain of Virginia.

I hate to agree with you, but you are right. The tornado band "use" to be one of the best in all of Virginia but has had some hard times the last couple of years. They are still a good band, but not what they once were. But I'll say that they will come back. They have a lot of backing also.

I don't know about the falcon band rules though.

I know what you are saying. Marion was once a great band with a huge number of kids up until a few years back and now the program has went downhill. Personally, I like Richlands band better than Abingdon`s myself just for the simple fact Richland`s band sounds like a traditional band. The guitar is ok but Abingdon uses it too much.

Guitars do not belong in a "marching band"...

kinda reminds me of Liberty-Bedford where they have a band on the sideline during the game that plays "another one bites the dust" when visiting player gets hurt...low class....or i guess no class.