ESPN to air Bluefield vs. Graham

futbolking

"Part of a biggest rivalries in the country special" makes me think they won't show the game, but just do reports.

And the fact that they're showing a couple of top 20 teams from Fla. at the same time reinforces that.

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2010/07/espn-rise-announces-new-event-espn-rise-high-school-football-kickoff/

Hoover will be down near Charlotte for a DH Sat.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/07/13/1560236/northwestern-vs-south-pointe-will.html

http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/07/10/2300927/trojans-stallions-to-square-off.html

Probably do what they did last time....a 10 or 15 minute segment...part highlighting the tradition, with a few hilights of the game...any exposure is good exposure...I don't think anybody is expecting them to broadcast the entire game....this is almost exactly what they did back in 91.

Probably do what they did last time....a 10 or 15 minute segment...part highlighting the tradition, with a few hilights of the game...any exposure is good exposure...I don't think anybody is expecting them to broadcast the entire game....this is almost exactly what they did back in 91.

That's what I'm betting on also...wish they would have done it last year tho..

That's what I'm betting on also...wish they would have done it last year tho..

As a Graham fan...I'm glad they didn't do it last year...embarassing for Graham....however, I don't think the G-Men will fare much better this year, unless they can get kids to come out for the team over there.....The attitude towards football in Bluefield, Va is the polar opposite of what it is in Bluefield, WV....kids and fans seem to be losing interest.

As a Graham fan...I'm glad they didn't do it last year...embarassing for Graham....however, I don't think the G-Men will fare much better this year, unless they can get kids to come out for the team over there.....The attitude towards football in Bluefield, Va is the polar opposite of what it is in Bluefield, WV....kids and fans seem to be losing interest.

You might be surprised who Graham adds to their roster from another area school. I'm surprised nothing has broken on this board yet...

"Part of a biggest rivalries in the country special" makes me think they won't show the game, but just do reports.

And the fact that they're showing a couple of top 20 teams from Fla. at the same time reinforces that.

http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/2010/07/espn-rise-announces-new-event-espn-rise-high-school-football-kickoff/

Hoover will be down near Charlotte for a DH Sat.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/07/13/1560236/northwestern-vs-south-pointe-will.html

http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/07/10/2300927/trojans-stallions-to-square-off.html

i went to a hoover game when i was in alabama last year and it crazy... best atmosphere i've ever been in for a football game

You might be surprised who Graham adds to their roster from another area school. I'm surprised nothing has broken on this board yet...

You got my interest......LOL ! How about breaking it to the board ?

Nothing to see here...move along...:rolleyes:...

I try to avoid posting stuff until it's official and it won't be official until the first day of practice. I'll just say that the Graham backfield just might be a lot better than many know...

Coming from someone who I consider to be a rather reliable source, the Graham backfield is going to see some significant improvement this year. But, just as Rules said, I won't say any names until the first day of practice and this kid is in a Graham uniform.

I know nothing of this situation, but if I had to guess, then I'd say it's a transfer from Princeton. I don't think that any running back in the area other than Tevin Allen could make such a drastic impact on a single football team like Graham. Not a knock on Graham, just a true testament to the kid's talents.

I've heard this rumor before....if it's the kid from Princeton, he wants to be able to play soccer in the spring and football in the fall...and he can't do that in WV....I also heard he was going to Tazewell. Truly would be a huge impact for Graham on offense....but won't solve the major problem at Graham...which is defense....they can't tackle.

Somebody tell him that exposure on ESPN couldn't hurt either....lol

It's not the one was a freshman at Beaver, a soph. at Graham, and then a junior at Graham?

u mean...junior at Beaver...?

I don't think he wants to come back to Graham....after the way he departed...

I try to avoid posting stuff until it's official and it won't be official until the first day of practice. I'll just say that the Graham backfield just might be a lot better than many know...

I don't blame you then. It's best not to post anything like that until it happens and it's official. Anything can happen to change whatever the rumor might be.

By the way, I hope that someday we can see Bluefield & Richlands play again.

You guys have a great program up there. Two good teams that are not that far from each other makes for a good football game. Although you did beat us the last 2 games we played.....lol

Edited by Bigrhsfan

I was told that ESPN will air the game on-line that weekend, not sure if live or tape-delayed. I have no confirmation, just passing along the information I was told.

Cool, I'll be able to watch from the beach.