If Richlands wins the state championship.....

Gym

It will be with Tazewell's QB.....just saying

....does anyone else find this hilarious???

Seems like I just saw on another thread that Tazewell got a transfer from Graham that was one of their best running backs.

People transfer......get over it ! This has been beat like a dead horse, but I guess some just can't let it go.

If it wasn't for the QB transfer I really would like to see Richlands be champs....I just hate that you play your heart and soul out for your teammates and when you are going to have a hard year your QB runs away

Edited by Gym

If it wasn't for the QB transfer I really would like to see Richlands be champs....I just hate that you play your heart and soul out for your teammates and when you are going to have a hard year your QB runs away

It's pretty easy for kids to transfer from school to school....What would be wrong, is if one of the coaches were actively recruiting these kids....It might be legal, but it's still wrong...

And who is the running back that came from Graham?

Joe Grubb- rumor is that his dad wanted him to start at RB and it just wasnt gonna happen at graham because he wasnt as good as our other RB's but he didint even wanna move his dad made him but thats just the RUMOR around graham and everyone knows how stuff gets spread and changed around alot. He did start on Defense though and he is very fast. Pretty good player and great kid. Im really sorry he transfered! Goodluck to him!

Joe Grubb- rumor is that his dad wanted him to start at RB and it just wasnt gonna happen at graham because he wasnt as good as our other RB's but he didint even wanna move his dad made him but thats just the RUMOR around graham and everyone knows how stuff gets spread and changed around alot. He did start on Defense though and he is very fast. Pretty good player and great kid. Im really sorry he transfered! Goodluck to him!

Some of these parents are so stupid----should have stayed at Graham. Transferring in high school should not happen period.

Some of these parents are so stupid----should have stayed at Graham. Transferring in high school should not happen period.

.....you'll probably change your opinion once you reach high school yourself

I think it is unfair to the kids to make them transfer...if your parents get a new job is one thing but to play ball no...if you are D1 material the scouts will find you!

Who said he will be the starter? That job appears to still be up for grabs!

He started the scrimmage...he will start unless he is injured thats why he went

richlands winning the state is because of the qb that came from tazwell??....what about the players from big creek, they not having any impact??..come on now, you can look at every school around almost and find a kid that use to go somewhere else, and for whatever reason he transferred...like it or not, it happens

The problem with transfers is that if they come in and start, they are taking the spot of a kid that has worked his tail off to earn the same spot on the team they dreamed of playing on for years. Now a transfer here and there usually won't cause a problem, but in Richlands case, this situation will be magnified. First because the quality of players they are getting. Second because of how many transfers there are, and third, because every kid in Richlands is dying to play on Friday nights. This can get ugly if they are not careful. You don't have to go back too far, Tazewell in the 90s with some Big Creek kids, to see what can happen to a program getting lots of transfers. Kids and parents start resenting these players and coaches.

richlands winning the state is because of the qb that came from tazwell??....what about the players from big creek, they not having any impact??..come on now, you can look at every school around almost and find a kid that use to go somewhere else, and for whatever reason he transferred...like it or not, it happens

It won't be only because QB play they have a great defense....but you can't do anything without a QB

The problem with transfers is that if they come in and start, they are taking the spot of a kid that has worked his tail off to earn the same spot on the team they dreamed of playing on for years. Now a transfer here and there usually won't cause a problem, but in Richlands case, this situation will be magnified. First because the quality of players they are getting. Second because of how many transfers there are, and third, because every kid in Richlands is dying to play on Friday nights. This can get ugly if they are not careful. You don't have to go back too far, Tazewell in the 90s with some Big Creek kids, to see what can happen to a program getting lots of transfers. Kids and parents start resenting these players and coaches.

I agree you work your whole life and wiat your turn and someone from a rival team comes in that may slightly better than you to ride to coat tails of your programs success

It won't be only because QB play they have a great defense....but you can't do anything without a QB

Cody is not the only QB we have. Reese is just about as good but does not have the experience that Cody has. It has also yet to be stated by the coaching staff who will be the starter come 1st game. We would probably go just as far with Reese as we would with Cody

Talk about transfers, it looks like Tazewell has gotten a few this year also. Here's what Bulldog 52 posted on another thread - " I heard Tazewell has got a few new players one from Graham that has been mentioned and one from patrick county, and two others, just what heard so don't eat my head off if wrong! "

All teams get transfers these days, so " if " we win the state it will be with Richlands players because that's who they play for. Just like what ever games Tazewell wins this year will be with Tazewell players because that who they play for now.

Cody is not the only QB we have. Reese is just about as good but does not have the experience that Cody has. It has also yet to be stated by the coaching staff who will be the starter come 1st game. We would probably go just as far with Reese as we would with Cody

Talk about transfers, it looks like Tazewell has gotten a few this year also. Here's what Bulldog 52 posted on another thread - " I heard Tazewell has got a few new players one from Graham that has been mentioned and one from patrick county, and two others, just what heard so don't eat my head off if wrong! "

All teams get transfers these days, so " if " we win the state it will be with Richlands players because that's who they play for. Just like what ever games Tazewell wins this year will be with Tazewell players because that who they play for now.

I'm sick of all this transfer talk! Richlands has had dozens of kids this winter and spring working their tails off in the weight room and the majority of those kids have been the big fat hogs on the front lines of both sides of the ball. So, if Richlands wins anything this season it will be due to the hard work of the fat boys. It all starts in the trenches. Vince Lombardi said it best, "Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling". Enough said!

Edited by the_general