Richlands @ Gate City..........8 days!!

Nadoball

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hit the nail on the head Thundercloud I don't think anyone from Richlands is buying any of it.

....I sure hope it's true though...with Richlands having 4 players out with scurvy and two suffering from African sleeping sickness, it could get ugly..

Edited by parsons

You will know for sure come Friday night. I really do wish we could give RHS a game but it just wont happen. Richlands is the real deal! I think GC is about 2 years away from being where they need to be. If you RHS fans would like pm me and I will give you the list of names of the starters that quit. 8 players quit. 6 were returning starters. You can look them up in your last years program and then look to see if you see them on the field Friday night. I think some of the other GC fans are trying to let on like nothing is going on and we have so many returning to keep RHS from having much Confidence. Mark my words. It will be a JV game by the 2nd half.

You will know for sure come Friday night. I really do wish we could give RHS a game but it just wont happen. Richlands is the real deal! I think GC is about 2 years away from being where they need to be. If you RHS fans would like pm me and I will give you the list of names of the starters that quit. 8 players quit. 6 were returning starters. You can look them up in your last years program and then look to see if you see them on the field Friday night. I think some of the other GC fans are trying to let on like nothing is going on and we have so many returning to keep RHS from having much Confidence. Mark my words. It will be a JV game by the 2nd half.

Well if that's the case it will be a JV game come the second half, well when you come to Tazewell the following week, the whole game will be a JV game....

I hear Austin is out for the year so Richlands has lost thier biggest playmaker. I still believe they will be very good but not near as good as they could have been. Playing Austin at running back was not a good idea as it turns out. I hope for him to have a quick recovery and maybe some colleges will look at his junior season and give him a chance next year. He has a lot of potential and I believe he can play college ball at some level. He run's like water through a seive. Made most defenses look silly at times last year. He was a stud in the semi-final last year. Gate City's chances got much better just like that.

Richlands 13 Gate City 9

Edited by Gizmo777

I hear Austin is out for the year so Richlands has lost thier biggest playmaker. I still believe they will be very good but not near as good as they could have been. Playing Austin at running back was not a good idea as it turns out. I hope for him to have a quick recovery and maybe some colleges will look at his junior season and give him a chance next year. He has a lot of potential and I believe he can play college ball at some level. He run's like water through a seive. Made most defenses look silly at times last year. He was a stud in the semi-final last year. Gate City's chances got much better just like that.

Richlands 13 Gate City 9

Hadn't heard that yet ! I sure hope it's not true........as much for him as for the team. This would have been a good year to show the colleges what he had.

There's no way either team wins by that score. It'll be much closer then that !

Richlands will win by that much if not by more than that. Had they connected on half the passes they threw last year they would have beat us by 21+. Now that RHS has a dang good QB they will win it by whatever score they want.

Richlands 13 Gate City 9

I think this might be premature.

I have heard from several people that he only had swelling and nothing torn. I didn't really expect him to play at GC either way.

I sure hope your right Nado ! I pretty much thought that of the guys that are injured that he would be the most likely to miss Friday's game. I just hope he doesn't miss the whole season for his sake. But swvaoutdoors is right about one thing, Richlands is very deep and has 2 or 3 play makers at wide out and will be ok, but Austin is a huge weapon and it would be nice to see him back there taking the kickoffs and punts.

He's such a threat to go deep and draws double coverage and opens the short routes up for the others.

So he will be missed, that's for sure.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Long story but BLU picking against Richlands is a good thing.

Yep, he's been our good luck charm for years. To the point that he actually picked Richlands to beat Bluefield one year, just to throw us off...and it worked.

You're my boy, Blu.