Schedule Change

Falconman

Update:

I don't have the same schedule as I did last year, but I'm working on getting it changed so I can keep all you falcon fans updated with up to minute news from Abingdon! But anyway, I guess God showed mercy on the Vikings this week with all the rain forcing the canceling of our scrimmage. Funny thing is, NO ONE wants us or will let us in their scrimmages. I guess no one wants to face Abingdon. This will cause us not to have a game or scrimmage for the next 2 weeks. Hey, Naders can you guys get the Falcons in your scrimmage with Blacksburg tonight? Bottom line is our schedule needs to change (who starts the year with an open week) and so does Falconman's, so you guys get stay informed!:D

Edited by Falconman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, we can work you in with Blacksburg. You all go up there and play them for 1/2 and when we get done plaing Basset at home, we will then play you all. We may be just a little late getting there, just wait on us ok :)

What scrimmages are you talking about?

I looked at my list, and I can't fond a single scrimmage this weekend west of Pulaski... they're all benefit games or multi-team jams which have sponsors involved (possible exception is Va. High). TN & NC begin the regular season tonight, so that cuts down a lot of nearby possibilities.

Edited by VHSLhelper

Someone said today we are scrimmaging Science Hill this week. Are they any good this year? I hope they are still down like they have been the last few years. I was personally hoping we could get in on the Bluefield-Pulaski scrimmage tonight. :cool:

Update:

I don't have the same schedule as I did last year, but I'm working on getting it changed so I can keep all you falcon fans updated with up to minute news from Abingdon! But anyway, I guess God showed mercy on the Vikings this week with all the rain forcing the canceling of our scrimmage. Funny thing is, NO ONE wants us or will let us in their scrimmages. I guess no one wants to face Abingdon. This will cause us not to have a game or scrimmage for the next 2 weeks. Hey, Naders can you guys get the Falcons in your scrimmage with Blacksburg tonight? Bottom line is our schedule needs to change (who starts the year with an open week) and so does Falconman's, so you guys get stay informed!:D

......LOLOLOLOL ! You are........h_ll, I don't know what you are ! But you are entertaining....LOL. Your full of it though.

I'd say you better be glad that the good lord took pity on you guys and rained out the scrimmage or you would still be crying about the a$$ kicking you got in a scrimmage !

Mannnn, I just can't wait for the 4th game of the season with you guys, that's really gonna be fun !!

I would ask you to come on down to watch the blues & Bassett play tonight, but that would just give you football envy and probably scare you to death to see what your team is up against when they play the blues !

TN & NC begin the regular season tonight, so that cuts down a lot of nearby possibilities.

East and Central played last night in TN and lost. DB beat Knox .....28-7.

Colobro, former Gate City coach, suffered a loss in his first game as HC at East.....however, I think he will have his team on the "winning road" in a couple of years.

article in BHC- by Johnny Wilson

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2010/aug/20/prep-football-colobro-era-east-begins-loss-ar-463294/

excerpt:

BLUFF CITY, Tenn. – Those at Sullivan East looking for a quick fix-me-up from new football coach Nick Colobro might need to put on their square wheels so expectations don’t run out of control.

The Colobro era began Thursday night, and the homestanding Patriots could not handle David Crockett, fighting valiently before falling 34-14 in a non-conference opener for both schools.

"I want everybody to understand something," said Colobro, who enjoyed tremendous success at Gate City High School for 26 years before taking the East job last spring. "There’s been a lot of really, really good coaches over here ... and I was a good coach [at Gate City] because I had good players – and I think we have good players here.

"We just haven’t gotten in the weight room and done some things that some other people have been doing, and that’s going to happen in time.

"Right now we’re a really young football team with a lot to learn, and we’re going to keep working at getting better."

I heard Tennessee High showed up, I guess Abingdon felt the need not to come. I guess they don`t play football at Abingdon in the rain.

you heard wrong!! they did not!! who told you that lie!!! WE can't help it rained! I guess you guys want to blame the weather on Abingdon too!! Wow!:mad:

......LOLOLOLOL ! You are........h_ll, I don't know what you are ! But you are entertaining....LOL. Your full of it though.

I'd say you better be glad that the good lord took pity on you guys and rained out the scrimmage or you would still be crying about the a$$ kicking you got in a scrimmage !

Mannnn, I just can't wait for the 4th game of the season with you guys, that's really gonna be fun !!

I would ask you to come on down to watch the blues & Bassett play tonight, but that would just give you football envy and probably scare you to death to see what your team is up against when they play the blues !

Sorry i've never heard of Basset (what are they single A? wow) But you're a joke coming on here talking about the 4th week already. Just wait, you'll find out how overrated you are BIG BOY!!!!

Edited by Falconman

Sorry i've never heard of Basset (what are they single A? wow) But you're a joke coming on here talking about the 4th week already. Just wait, you'll find out how overrated you are BIG BOY!!!!

Bassett is AA.

This will be hard for you to understand, so I'm going to type it slowly..

A...world..exists...outside..of..Abingdon.

Sorry i've never heard of Basset? But you're a joke coming on here talking about the 4th week already. Just wait, you'll find out how overrated you are BIG BOY!!!!

Overrated, I haven't seen us rated anywhere yet. We just know that we're better than the falcons. We prove it every year. Last year we proved it as soon as you guys got off the bus....LOL !

I wouldn't hesitate to talk about the 10th game as long as it was with the Falcons....LOL.

I'm a joke, yea maybe I am, but everybody laughs at your football team, so when they can stay within 3 or 4 td's of the blues ( and that's in the 1st half ) come back and talk your smack.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Basset is AA Division 4.

Bassett is AA.

This will be hard for you to understand, so I'm going to type it slowly..

A...world..exists...outside..of..Abingdon.

Abingdon had a scrimmage with Holston set - Bowles agreed that it was still on in May - but he backed out in July and forced Matlock to SCRAMBLE to find something. Looks like just desserts to me. Good luck this year!

teamworry-1.jpg

It's a FoxNews poll, so it's probably not extremely accurate but it's gotta be close.

What a joke! When was the last time Chilhowie won a meaningful game? You will find all about the Falcons next year when you guys go on the schedule. You are really lucky not to be on it this year. :eek:

What a joke! When was the last time Chilhowie won a meaningful game? You will find all about the Falcons next year when you guys go on the schedule. You are really lucky not to be on it this year. :eek:

When was the last time the Falcons played in a meaningful game? Chilhowie has lost more important games than Abingdon has even been in. We used to pound you for giggles in benefit games for almost half this decade. You can't back up anything you say, and I will continue to make juvenile pie charts of you until you either 1) shut up or 2) prove your worth on the field. We can both agree that neither of those things are going to happen, so you might as well appreciate the infographics. Its about as much press as your team will get this year.

Edited by deuceswild

That is hilarious. Not as much as never hearing of Bassett though. I just don't know what to say.......
Yes I do know what to say. Abingdon and Bassett are both Region 4 Division 4. When you never make the playoffs in football like Abingdon, well I guess some people tune out.

Again, this is exactly why I like Falconman. His homerism just stirs the pot so well.

The fact that he doesn't know coon s#(* from apple butter just makes me giggle. He is almost as much fun as Glenn Beck. Or as Bill O'Reilly would say he is a bloviator.

Again, this is exactly why I like Falconman. His homerism just stirs the pot so well.

The fact that he doesn't know coon s#(* from apple butter just makes me giggle. He is almost as much fun as Glenn Beck. Or as Bill O'Reilly would say he is a bloviator.

I have to agree with you, he tickles me to death sometimes. I know sometimes people get mad at him, h_ll I even have gotten a little aggravated with him at times, but I love to have fun with him and get him stired up and see what he comes up with....LOL !

He's harmless.....just like the falcon football team....LOL !