Grundy and Lebanon Dropped Richlands 2011

mingo

As per Rick Vencill, RHS's AD on pre-game show last night that Grundy and Lebanon had dropped RHS from their 2011 schedule. Richlands picked up Pulaski County and Patrick County both are AA schools. Stuart, Virginia is on the other side of Hillsvile. What a long trip. I miss not playing Grundy, as they are great sports. How many years have we played each other ?

G-girls are off the schedule someone said last night they are picking up Holston. 84 cavdaddy said they beat you last year any way. Richlands loves playing smaller schools and winning. It makes them feel good. :D

My dad said last night we beat Richlands in 90 or 91. ha ha

Are we keeping Graham on the schedule? When I had seen we picked up Patrick and Pulaski I figured we lost Grundy and Graham.

Still playing Graham. The only changes are Lebanon/Grundy for the two PC's.

Graham will be playing Bluefield, Princeton, Tazewell, Richlands, and Marion in addition to the MED schedule (Bland, Narrows, Fort Chiswell, Galax, and Grayson Co.) in 2011.

Graham will be playing Bluefield, Princeton, Tazewell, Richlands, and Marion in addition to the MED schedule (Bland, Narrows, Fort Chiswell, Galax, and Grayson Co.) in 2011.

What about the Falcons? Why are they not on the schedule? I don't know where we will go to find games. :confused:

What about the Falcons? Why are they not on the schedule? I don't know where we will go to find games. :confused:

No room...going to keep the "rivals" on the schedule in addition to the five game MED schedule...guess Abingdon will have to pick up Ervinton and Twin Valley to fill out their schedule...

Well G-man this will be your last look at the Falcons this year. You might get to see us in a playoff game down the road. Wish you guys were going to be on the schedule-kinda enjoyed the Graham-Abingdon rivalry.

Richlands loves playing smaller schools and winning. It makes them feel good. :D

Feels good to play smaller schools and win. You, being from Abingdon who plays nothing but smaller schools, don't know the feeling....

Edited by parsons

Well G-man this will be your last look at the Falcons this year. You might get to see us in a playoff game down the road. Wish you guys were going to be on the schedule-kinda enjoyed the Graham-Abingdon rivalry.

rivalry?

back to the original topic..I will miss the Grundy/Richlands games..idk how people from Richlands see it, but over here in Grundy we always ( or at least I) always looked at Richlands as a rival..

As per Rick Vencill, RHS's AD on pre-game show last night that Grundy and Lebanon had dropped RHS from their 2011 schedule. Richlands picked up Pulaski County and Patrick County both are AA schools. Stuart, Virginia is on the other side of Hillsvile. What a long trip. I miss not playing Grundy, as they are great sports. How many years have we played each other ?

Slick Rick Vencill dropped Grundy. Grundy still wanted to play. He said they already had enough single a games. He needs to watch how he words things!

Feels good to play smaller schools and win. You being from Abingdon, who plays nothing but smaller schools, don't know the feeling....

They (Abingdon) play the smaller schools and cant win haha!

G-girls are off the schedule someone said last night they are picking up Holston. 84 cavdaddy said they beat you last year any way. Richlands loves playing smaller schools and winning. It makes them feel good. :D

My dad said last night we beat Richlands in 90 or 91. ha ha

I'm surprised you even know how to spell win since it's been so long since you have won ! Man.....I can't believe that you would even post that it has been 20 years since you have beaten us.....that's just ........sad !

From what I hear, Graham is still on the schedule for next year and we are loosing Grundy and Lebanon.

rivalry?

back to the original topic..I will miss the Grundy/Richlands games..idk how people from Richlands see it, but over here in Grundy we always ( or at least I) always looked at Richlands as a rival..

Most of us will miss it also. It's been a long running series that's for sure. I think as far as a rival goes ( and I can only speak for myself and others I played ball with ) we first looked at Tazewell and then Graham as our rivals first, but we always wanted to beat Grundy and knew it would always be a very hard hitting game and always respected them !

I wish you guys a lot of luck and hope you dominate your new district !

Eh...i knew this sort of thing would happen...hate to see it end, but on to other things for now I guess....somewhere on down the road maybe order will be restored to the SWD core.

Slick Rick Vencill dropped Grundy. Grundy still wanted to play. He said they already had enough single a games. He needs to watch how he words things!

Word is the final blow came when Coach Compton ate the hot dogs that were left for the Richlands coachs last year.

that's not what I heard in the past few days.

And "already had enough single a games" doesn't make any sense. Richlands hasn't been hurting for ratings points the last few years. AND they're coming out way behind in the pocketbook. Longer travel distances and, I'm sure, fewer fans.

Ya know, I heard YEARS ago, that when it was decided that Grundy was no longer AA worthy, and we dropped to A, we would quit playing AA teams.

I wonder how many we'll be playing next year?

that's not what I heard in the past few days.

And "already had enough single a games" doesn't make any sense. Richlands hasn't been hurting for ratings points the last few years. AND they're coming out way behind in the pocketbook. Longer travel distances and, I'm sure, fewer fans.

Ya know, I heard YEARS ago, that when it was decided that Grundy was no longer AA worthy, and we dropped to A, we would quit playing AA teams.

I wonder how many we'll be playing next year?

yeah i cant wait to see the schedule next year...if i were Grundy i'd play all KY teams outside of the district games...they seem to have some sort of magical powers over the KY teams lol.