Grundy Football Schedule 2011????

GrundyWinsAll

I am just guessin with a lot of these teams I am just a little bored.

week 1 East Ridge (KY)

Week 2 Pound

Week 3 Ervington

Week 4 Mount Calm (WV)

Week 5 Phelps (KY)

Week 6 Twin Valley

Week 7 Hurley

Week 8 Open

Week 9 Haysi

Week 10 Honaker

I would also think that any of these teams could pop in as well.

Clintwood, Graham, Williamson (WV), St. Paul, J.J. Kelly, Pikeville(KY), J.I. Burton, John Battle

Ervinton for sure wont play Grundy, in the past few years they have dropped Haysi and Clintwood due to an inability to compete. I would think maybe lebanonPowell Valley and Virginia High would be nice fits.

Grundy is going to have a fun time trying to schedule anyone out of district...they have been trying to get on the field with Pikeville for years, which is why i didn't want to miss the scrimmage the other night, at least that's something....i doubt you will see them on the field with Grundy again anytime soon. There is also a reason grundy's not in that JJ Kelly/Burton scrimmage anymore, so I doubt you will see either one of those....Lebanon has had no interest in playing us for years...doubt that will change....it's not going to be easy.

personally I'd love to see Marion stay on the schedule and va high back on it again.

I dont think Grundy or Marion would want to travel that far for a non district game

yeah they went about 17 years there that they didn't play...it's usually a good game though...

week 1 East Ridge (KY)

Week 2 Pound

Week 3 Ervington

Week 4 Mount Calm (WV)

Week 5 Phelps (KY)

Week 6 Twin Valley

Week 7 Hurley

Week 8 Open

Week 9 Haysi

Week 10 Honaker

Clintwood, Graham, Williamson (WV), St. Paul, J.J. Kelly, Pikeville(KY), J.I. Burton, John Battle

As of now 2011 schedule is. Twin Valley, Hurley, Honaker, Haysi, Castlewood. East Ridge. There are four open dates right now. As for the River View deal, West Virginia is on the front end of their two year cycle this year. Virginia is on the back end of their two year cycle this year. The hope is Wise county is going to combine some schools, thus opening up some games. Maybe the bdd will play each other twice, like some of the schools in northern Virginia did one year.

that wouldnt be a bad option, I like the annual feel of games but you have to do what you have to do. I can tell you Grundy guys that filling out your schedule will be tough. Your in a similar situation as Haysi, its a long trip to where you are, small schools dont want to get beat and your not worth the points to larger schools. I would think you may find some games in the Clinch Mountain (mostly former AA teams) but the drive to Lee or GC is a long trip, espicially Lee!

Marion would be a good fit, how about Tazewell. Graham would also be a great game to keep. But I agree that there will probably be more than one KY team on there for various reasons

Not easy to get Ky teams to play either..Took an act of congress to get SV to honor there deal a few years ago.

Guest redneckman

Hey Tass who is Grundy going to wrestle in the BDD or Region D. Looks to me like its a done deal who the state champion will be in single A next year. So why are you worried about football all of a sudden. To me its no different for the Golden Wave Football to go undefeated next year than the Wrestling team winning.

I wouldnt think Clintwood would have a problem playing Grundy. JI Burton might also be interested

As far as wrestling, several of the LPD schools and maybe castlewood(?) wrestle, not alot of options locally is single A

Edited by redtiger

I wouldnt think Clintwood would have a problem playing Grundy. JI Burton might also be interested

As far as wrestling, several of the LPD schools and maybe castlewood(?) wrestle, not alot of options locally is single A

Yep I would say Burton and Possably Pound as well

As far as Wresling I know Castlewood, Coeburn, Wise , Appy, and PV have a team that being said Grundy would not have much if any competition in the Region

I was just curious what the football schedule would look like, sounds like they are still lookin for a couple more teams. As for the wrestling, Grundy will be Dictrict champs by default. They will then wrestle in a "sub-regional" with the LPD and CMD. The lonsome pine and Clinch mountain already do this to Seed for the region tournament. Then they wrestle the region and the State. The committment of the Grundy Wrestling Club will not change. The wrestlers will continue to to travel all over the state and country to find the best opportunities we can find. They will be exposed to college coaches, quality wrestling , and life outside of Buchanan County. I did not want this to turn into a wrestling thread, so lets keep with the Football.

I really dont think the move down to A will hurt Grundy athletics at all, in all likleyhood it will help them be more competitive. For years now they have been playing against a stacked deck.

I am curious as to what the move will mean for Graham? I dont know much about the Mountain Empire District.

As for the wrestling, Grundy will be Dictrict champs by default. They will then wrestle in a "sub-regional" with the LPD and CMD. The lonsome pine and Clinch mountain already do this to Seed for the region tournament.

Its the Cumberland District and the LPD that do.

week 1 East Ridge (KY)

Week 2 Pound

Week 3 Ervington

Week 4 Mount Calm (WV)

Week 5 Phelps (KY)

Week 6 Twin Valley

Week 7 Hurley

Week 8 Open

Week 9 Haysi

Week 10 Honaker

First off, its "Montcalm" not "Mount Calm".

Second, Graham will not be on your schedule anytime soon.

Third, with a schedule like that, Grundy might go 10-0 but will get throttled in the playoffs...weak schedules make the record look good but they don't prepare you for the post season...

First off, its "Montcalm" not "Mount Calm".

Second, Graham will not be on your schedule anytime soon.

Third, with a schedule like that, Grundy might go 10-0 but will get throttled in the playoffs...weak schedules make the record look good but they don't prepare you for the post season...

Yeah, what he said.