I know you all have been waiting.....Lil' Leonards_Losers (Week 2)

Leonards_Losers

Last week we were a perfect 5 for 5 in pickin’ LOSERS. However, pickin’ losers is a hard task at times. Sometimes we let our hearts get in the way of our thinking. We will probably miss a few losers this year. Cousin Udell Yokum is always quoting his Great Granny Yokum “THE TRUTH IS IN THE PUDDIN”. The Truth is that Coach Jones will be the eyes in the sky at the Keen Mountain Gridiron this week.

Marion @ Northwood

Hurricane Earl is hitting the East Coast this week and there’s a Hurricane warning for Saltville this Friday night. This is a Scarlet Hurricane that is redder than Granny Yokum’s prized RED DOMMER. The FOUL WEATHER BOYS are red mad after losing last week and are looking for someone to BLOW AWAY. The Salt Cats took a GA-LAXING last week and will find no relief this Friday when the FOUL WEATHER BOYS blow into town.

Lil’Leonards_Losers ----- SaltShackers

St. Paul @ Hurley

The Purple Deacons from Wise had an impressive victory over the Mattlock boy’s last week. The Deacons are lead by a crafty quarterback and a group of talented receivers. However, these deacons are not afraid to throw the “good book” at you. They use multiple formations to preach and spread their gospel around. Word around Punchin’ Camp Mall is that the Rebels Regiment is ready to remount and reload this week after a convincing win in the mountains of Dickenson County. Last year the Grey Coats almost gave the Deacons an early Christmas present. This week the Rebels defense will be tested against an aerial assault that would make Stone Wall Jackson go into cardiac arrest. But remember folks, the great Robert E. Lee always said that battles are won on the ground.

Lil’Leonards_Loser ----- St. Paul

Haysi @ Clintwood

This used to be a great rivalry, now it’s a beat down. Papaw Horne says the WAVE will run through the Tigers faster than exlax. But Jimmy always has a few tricks up his sleeves. It’s usually worth the price of admission to watch the BIRCHLEAF FELIONS claw out some Houdini plays. It will not be enough; they will need to open the flood gates at the John Flanagan Dam after this WAVE washes through.

Lil’Leonards_Loser ----- Haysi

Gate City @ Tazewell

Somebody please call in the DAWGS. They have been on the hunt far too long. The new DAWGS haven’t got much of a bite or bark. The Devils are trying to find a new direction after the DORAN DUSTERS blew into town last week. Both teams are searching for the ENDZONE after being shutout in WEEK 1. Coach Rife couldn’t remember a single time when these two teams went scoreless in the same week. Points will still be hard to come by. But the points on the Pitchfork are sharper than the DAWGS teeth.

Lil’Leonards_Loser ---- Tazewell

Abingdon @ PH

Not much on the air waves about the LAKERS this season. Will it be your typical WHINE & CHEESE team? Usually they feast on the weak sisters until the BIG BOYS of the SWD show up. Then they fold up quicker than a tent revival. The REBELS are in a rebuilding mode, but they will put up a fight to protect their part of the VINEYARD HIGHWAY. This game shouldn’t be close, but it is Uncle Percy’s upset special. The family reunion is just around the corner, and I will not take a chance on missing any of Aunt Dela-mae’s Tater Salad. So I’ll agree with Uncle Percy.

Lil’Leonards_Loser ----- Abingdon

Montcalm @ Twin Valley

The Silver Kitty cats showed us all last week that their kick-off return team is a well oiled machine. Now if they can just keep this unit off the field. Maybe the most evenly matched game of week 2. The Generals like Twin Valley have a number problem. They can’t score enough of them. It’s been over a year since TV tasted, or even got a whiff of the smell of victory. Coach Jones may give Tommy C some good advice if he’ll listen. Reserve your table at the Derby, early, for the post game celebration.

Lil’Leonards_Loser -- Montcalm

Edited by Leonards_Losers

he hit the nail on the head when talking about Abingdon lol

That is a horrible pick! All I can say to you my friend is the candy canes respect the Falcons very much. We typically smack Marion around in just about every sport. No wonder you don't like us very much. :mad:

Montcalm does not have the numbers for a football team. Its a shame

Does anyone know how many students are in that school? How many students at Twin Valley? It seems like neither school ever has more than 17 or 18 kids out for football.

Canes00,

I know when I was in school at Abingdon, 95-98 it was always a toss up between Abingdon and Marion in whatever sport it was. If Marion didn't win, it was usually super uber close. So I am not going to agree nor condone the smacking around comments like one of the Falcon fans put it... hopefully you will notice from my post on here that yes I am a fan, but I am not a jerk... Have a good one guys.

EW

Does anyone know how many students are in that school? How many students at Twin Valley? It seems like neither school ever has more than 17 or 18 kids out for football.

Montcalm has 189 stiudents grades 9-11, overall I believe the two schools are similar in enrollment

Canes00,

I know when I was in school at Abingdon, 95-98 it was always a toss up between Abingdon and Marion in whatever sport it was. If Marion didn't win, it was usually super uber close. So I am not going to agree nor condone the smacking around comments like one of the Falcon fans put it... hopefully you will notice from my post on here that yes I am a fan, but I am not a jerk... Have a good one guys.

EW

They're pretty harmless, just a couple of young guys that love their team but go overboard sometimes. I like to have fun with them. If you notice my post with em, I try to keep it lighthearted and throw a jab or 2 just to keep em honest.

I think a lot of what they say is to see what kind of a reaction they can get from us.

I kinda like the ole boys...LOL !

Edited by Bigrhsfan

This is true. A couple 2-3 years ago, there were several guys on here that tried to get a rise out everyone from anywhere that they could and made a lot of enemies and haters. But for the most part like you say it is all in good fun. That is why I keep coming back year after year. It helps pass the time and I enjoy the reading.

EW

Guest Woolybugger
But remember folks, the great Robert E. Lee always said that battles are won on the ground.

Ifn the General had a used his air force, we'd all be whistlin Dixie