Your thoughts and opinion...

wave316

Hey guys we are in the early stages of planning a Southwest VA. versus Northeast Tenn All-star senior football game. From what I heard they used to do a game years and years ago. Just wanted to ask in your opinion who you feel are the absolute best offensive and defensive seniors in Southwest VA. Please indicate why you feel your choice is on target.:)

Will lowe rhs in the first three games he has been unstopable and he is even running the ball this year. The rb from gc name just is not coming to me he is a great rb. Bradley strong rhs any time he touches the ball he can take it to the house. Tell you what to make it easy get any sr. From rhs. Gc. Pv. Burton and hand pick some others do not get to see many other teams to say much on. But from what you hear that would be where I start give us a date and time sure the stands for the va side will be over flowing.

Will lowe rhs in the first three games he has been unstopable and he is even running the ball this year. The rb from gc name just is not coming to me he is a great rb. Bradley strong rhs any time he touches the ball he can take it to the house. Tell you what to make it easy get any sr. From rhs. Gc. Pv. Burton and hand pick some others do not get to see many other teams to say much on. But from what you hear that would be where I start give us a date and time sure the stands for the va side will be over flowing.

Joesph Vaughn from GC. Thanks for your input!

What ba961 & vol61 said, but I would add that it would be nice to see at least 1 Sr from as many teams as possible to represent as many as possible.

I know that's hard, as you have some teams that may have more Sr's then others that deserve to be on the team. So you gonna have some that will cry foul. So I don't envy anyone trying to put together a team like this.

Would be great to watch ! I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it happens.

What ba961 & vol61 said, but I would add that it would be nice to see at least 1 Sr from as many teams as possible to represent as many as possible.

I know that's hard, as you have some teams that may have more Sr's then others that deserve to be on the team. So you gonna have some that will cry foul. So I don't envy anyone trying to put together a team like this.

Would be great to watch ! I'll have to keep an eye on this and see if it happens.

Last year we played a North versus South Virginia game and we had representation from around 20 high schools. To compete with Tennessee ,if we are able to pull this off, will require the best seniors we can gather. Tenn. will be pulling kids from Morristown, Science Hill ,DB, Tenn High ,etc... I hear Richlands has many good seniors as well as Gate City. Does anyone know what talent is in the HOGO district , the other Southwest district schools. The Black Diamond, Cumberland. I'm acquainted with the LPD ,I'm from around here.You guys are familiar with your area. Any talent at Graham this year? What QB talent is here in Southwest Va? Who are the best linemen in our region,recievers, linebackers,etc...

Last year we played a North versus South Virginia game and we had representation from around 20 high schools. To compete with Tennessee ,if we are able to pull this off, will require the best seniors we can gather. Tenn. will be pulling kids from Morristown, Science Hill ,DB, Tenn High ,etc... I hear Richlands has many good seniors as well as Gate City. Does anyone know what talent is in the HOGO district , the other Southwest district schools. The Black Diamond, Cumberland. I'm acquainted with the LPD ,I'm from around here.You guys are familiar with your area. Any talent at Graham this year? What QB talent is here in Southwest Va? Who are the best linemen in our region,recievers, linebackers,etc...

Will Lowe, Bradley Strong, Cody Thomas,Josh Hess(i think hes a senior) Albert Fajardo and a few others from RHS

It would definately be a SWD and CMD heavy team, The BDD wouldnt contribute much if we are only talking about SRs, neither would the Cumberland. There are a couple of boys from the LPD who can really play. I dont know alot about the HOGO. I think the problem would be depth/special teams, SWVA could put a very solid starting 22 on the field but I dont know about reserves, there would be alot of people playing both ways. I would pay good money to see it!

It would definately be a SWD and CMD heavy team, The BDD wouldnt contribute much if we are only talking about SRs, neither would the Cumberland. There are a couple of boys from the LPD who can really play. I dont know alot about the HOGO. I think the problem would be depth/special teams, SWVA could put a very solid starting 22 on the field but I dont know about reserves, there would be alot of people playing both ways. I would pay good money to see it!

Haysi is known for QBs and recievers, how good is Hobert Newberry and Koen Elswick at recievers? Does Coach Hubbard have any Heath Millers in his arsenal there at Honaker..lol. Cumberland district .. Coeburn has a good reciever..Tyler Courtney. Thomas Walker normally has a couple of good players. What does Grundy have Lance if your checking these posts..?

I forgot about that game and wish I would have seen it. Good luck with putting this one together.

I forgot about that game and wish I would have seen it. Good luck with putting this one together.

That game was fun ,it came down to the last play of the game.Team South was on North's 10 yard line and could not score. Game ended 14 to 6 in favor of team North. South did hold North scoreless in the second half though.Richlands had players along with Abingdon, Va.High, Hogo schools, Lebanon. Quite a team!

Haysi is known for QBs and recievers, how good is Hobert Newberry and Koen Elswick at recievers? Does Coach Hubbard have any Heath Millers in his arsenal there at Honaker..lol. Cumberland district .. Coeburn has a good reciever..Tyler Courtney. Thomas Walker normally has a couple of good players. What does Grundy have Lance if your checking these posts..?

QB would be the kid from Abingdon, Dakota Stanley(only a Jr) is really good not physicially imposing but very quick smart and has great hands(probably the best I have ever personally seen in high school, he catches everything). Hobert Newberry is a solid reciever good speed and a good athlete but is more of a wingback type(run the ball some, catch the ball some) than a pure reciever. Koen Elswick is a good kid and a solid reciever but nothing great, he would benefit from another year but he is a Sr. No heath millers at honaker, several good players though. I dont think there are too many from the cumberland, several kids who can play but when you start making a SWVA allstar team there are goin to be some really talented players on that team, the Cumberland guys would be more depth/special teams as would most of the BDD guys, nothing wrong with that I just would mention them 1st

QB would be the kid from Abingdon, Dakota Stanley(only a Jr) is really good not physicially imposing but very quick smart and has great hands(probably the best I have ever personally seen in high school, he catches everything). Hobert Newberry is a solid reciever good speed and a good athlete but is more of a wingback type(run the ball some, catch the ball some) than a pure reciever. Koen Elswick is a good kid and a solid reciever but nothing great, he would benefit from another year but he is a Sr. No heath millers at honaker, several good players though. I dont think there are too many from the cumberland, several kids who can play but when you start making a SWVA allstar team there are goin to be some really talented players on that team, the Cumberland guys would be more depth/special teams as would most of the BDD guys, nothing wrong with that I just would mention them 1st

redtiger,thanks for your input. Special teams are an important faucet of the game,just ask the Kansas City Chiefs who beat the Chargers with the help of special teams.

Is he as good as Robbie Rife? If you see Robbie tell him I still have his FCA All-Star jersey.:)

Its hard to say anyone is as good as Rob...Robby is one of if not the best player ive played with...and im not sure who u are but ill relay the message lol.

Hey guys we are in the early stages of planning a Southwest VA. versus Northeast Tenn All-star senior football game. From what I heard they used to do a game years and years ago. Just wanted to ask in your opinion who you feel are the absolute best offensive and defensive seniors in Southwest VA. Please indicate why you feel your choice is on target.:)

If you all make this happen I will definately be there! This would be a lot more interesting than the North vs. South game like what was played in the summer!

If you all make this happen I will definately be there! This would be a lot more interesting than the North vs. South game like what was played in the summer!

I was'nt at that game. I heard it was extremely hot. I think they played thatin late June. Our game was actually played on Jan.15th. Coaches that I've spoken to feel december is best time to play ,as players are still in good condition .The commitee I met with today is looking at a december 18 date,a week after Va. state championship game. Two possible places game would be played would be Science Hill in Tenn. or Va. High in Bristol. Each team would have around 40 players. We have much work to do getting teams solidified with coaches ,roster, uniforms, insurance, etc. We did senior all-star banquets last year and had a good meal with the players and coaches a week or so before the game.

VA High would be the place to play. How far into SWVA and NET are we talking? Wytheville or Radford and Johnson City or greenville. I like Wytheville and Johnson City.

If we are able to pull this off, Tenn said they would go 60 miles south of Kingsport to around Morristown. Our Va . team would pull up to Wytheville. We played at Va High last time and really like that field. Tenn. says Science Hill has a new field and are checking into that. There will have to be plenty of help to pull this off on both sides. The thought Tenn has that concurs with ours is that many talented players are overlooked in the big big All-Star games,as true here in Southwest Va. We would love to invite college coaches to come and see the talent here in our regions of Northeast Tenn .and Southwest Va.