John Battle 3-1

Big Orange 1

Congratulations to the Trojans for their win over Honaker 19-14 at Battle Hill tonight. It's been awhile since JSB was 3-1, good to see them off to a good start.
Conrats to Battle! Sounds like it must have been a very good game with the score being 19 -14.

Congratulations to the Trojans for their win over Honaker 19-14 at Battle Hill tonight. It's been awhile since JSB was 3-1, good to see them off to a good start.

The good start should continue next week. PH comes to exit 7.

Battle will be 4-1.

congrads to you john battle.u just wanted it more and we choked under last second pressure.bright side for us is our young sophmore qb did learn a valuable lesson for the future.

Edited by litltiger

Congratulations Battle, I know we are the same district and everything but it really is see you guys play good and get some wins. who knows, maybe soon you will be one of the best in virginia like gate city, richlands, burton, clintwood, im sure i left some out. But good luck this season. you might be playing us in the playoffs if you keep it up?

That really was an exciting game last night! Honaker had it, just made a mistake in the end. The pressure was really on with the game coming down to the last seconds and Battle's D holding strong at the goal line. My hat's off to Honaker. They are a physical team. I didn't think we'd ever stop their run game. It's awesome to see the younger kids step up so much. Brent Tipton (2), Cody Rogers (1), and Ty King (7) did awesome, as did Blackburn, Hickman, Hughes, and many others. Tipton, Rogers, Hughes and King are only sophomores and they played great. Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time Battle has beat Honaker?

glad to see the kids at JSB getting some wins...they have had a hard time there for a few years and we Grundy fans understand how that goes for sure...so, enjoy it and best of luck to you guys for the rest of the season.

That really was an exciting game last night! Honaker had it, just made a mistake in the end. The pressure was really on with the game coming down to the last seconds and Battle's D holding strong at the goal line. My hat's off to Honaker. They are a physical team. I didn't think we'd ever stop their run game. It's awesome to see the younger kids step up so much. Brent Tipton (2), Cody Rogers (1), and Ty King (7) did awesome, as did Blackburn, Hickman, Hughes, and many others. Tipton, Rogers, Hughes and King are only sophomores and they played great. Actually, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first time Battle has beat Honaker?

It's probably is.

Your sophmore QB did learn a lesson and that is good, but it is a lesson that every other football player learns by the time the are 10 years old. Don't spike the ball on 4th down!

be true but i think he was watchin the clock and not the downs.

Fantasic game by both teams. Very hardfought game for 4 quarters, coming down the the final seconds. This was a quality win for Battle over a very solid football team. I'll be pulling for Haysi(D1) in the BDD however, as we're thinking playoffs up here and we dont need Honaker locking up any automatic bids. I do believe that Honaker will win that district though. They are a very solid football team, with a very good offensive and defensive line, and an excellent running back.

The Honaker team, and fans were both class acts, and I really hope that this series will continue for a long time. The only black spot is The Honaker coach really showed his a$$ after the game though. Threw headseats, beating the ground, and didnt go through the line to shake players/coaches hands. I'm sure his starting QB's parents loved his actions. The kid made a huge mistake at the end of the game, one he'll learn from.....but he was much more mature afterwards than the headcoach. You'd think it'd be the other way around. The Honaker kids played an excellent game,and left it all on the field. They didnt deserve to be apart of such a childish act.

Edited by battleftbl