Graham Vs Marion

GrahamPG44

Marrs has ruined any traditon at Graham. He is so arrogant that he cares nothing about the kids or the school for that matter, as long as he looks like top dog in everyone's eyes. He has taught nothing to these kids about the game of football except how to make excuses when losing. I'm sorry but i hope Graham doesn't win a game this year and maybe then we can get a real head coach at the school and bring back some life to a storied program, but as for now i won't waste my money on the Doug Marrs show.

Marion-42 Graham-21

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was listening to the end of the game on the radio, can anybody fill me in on what happened at the end to get the coaches so ticked off?

Marrs was upset about an interference call near the end of the game, which gave Marion a first down at the 10...Marion eventually scored and won....

Classy.

and it was interference he was face guarding the receiver and he couldnt come back to get the ball

Yeah, I'm on Marion's side on this one...I didn't see what happened, just listened on the radio....I was being sarchastic referring to Marrs being "classy" about the way he reacted.

Yeah, I'm on Marion's side on this one...I didn't see what happened, just listened on the radio....I was being sarchastic referring to Marrs being "classy" about the way he reacted.

I knew when you said "classy" there was no way you really meant it!

there were 2 flags..one for interference and another for sum smack talkin from a graham player..toward the ref..then the coach came on the field and honestly i have no idea why he was so upset cause both flags were good calls..but man did they blow sum calls both ways..marion has sum potential,but our coach is just as bad as grahams..both suck from what i saw..flag after flag..graham has sum talent but why run the spread then run from what looked like a wishbone..i might be wrong but i think both teams need another coach..

there were 2 flags..one for interference and another for sum smack talkin from a graham player..toward the ref..then the coach came on the field and honestly i have no idea why he was so upset cause both flags were good calls..but man did they blow sum calls both ways..marion has sum potential,but our coach is just as bad as grahams..both suck from what i saw..flag after flag..graham has sum talent but why run the spread then run from what looked like a wishbone..i might be wrong but i think both teams need another coach..
The old trickeration. I see it didn't work.

That interference call was completely wrong, the ball wasn't anywhere close to the reciever to be catchable. The refs gave the game to Marion, what a joke. Graham should hold there head up, they should have won this one.

Try to save a little dignity here and quit cryin about the refs. They didn't cost us anything. If you are older than 6 you probably remember that we used to beat Marion by 30 everytime we played them prior to August 2005. Losing is not ok, I understand that but focus your anger on where it needs to be, Doug Marrs. If he was any kind of coach, we'd have killed them. But he isn't. And everyone knows it but him.

It was a legitimate call. The safety never turned to look for the ball and made contact. Graham fans shouldn't be mad at the ref's...they should be mad that WeeCee and Doug teach the safety, corners, and OLB's to never turn and find the ball. This has happened to us in almost every game this year. Plus, I can't recall ever seeing Graham so undisciplined on the LOS. Also, WeeCee and DM don't put the best 11 on the field. I'm sad to say it but I bet Graham doesn't win a game this year.

so, what was the real final score?

Both local papers say 29-25, but both have diff. scoring...

BDT has Jackson & Stowers with 2-pt runs, giving Graham 28.

BHC has Jackson with a run plus 1 kick, giving Graham 27.

I don't know details but I know for a fact it was 29-25

That interference call was completely wrong, the ball wasn't anywhere close to the reciever to be catchable. The refs gave the game to Marion, what a joke. Graham should hold there head up, they should have won this one.

I was not at the game nor did I see the play....BUT being catchable is not a factor at all in calling pass interference in high school football.

It was a legitimate call. The safety never turned to look for the ball and made contact. Graham fans shouldn't be mad at the ref's...they should be mad that WeeCee and Doug teach the safety, corners, and OLB's to never turn and find the ball. This has happened to us in almost every game this year. Plus, I can't recall ever seeing Graham so undisciplined on the LOS. Also, WeeCee and DM don't put the best 11 on the field. I'm sad to say it but I bet Graham doesn't win a game this year.

I think you're right. And I hope Richlands hangs 90 on them. Not because I hate my school, and certainly not because I don't want to see the players succeed, but because I want the coaching staff embarrassed so badly that someone will "buy out" Doug's AD/HC jobs.

I think you're right. And I hope Richlands hangs 90 on them. Not because I hate my school, and certainly not because I don't want to see the players succeed, but because I want the coaching staff embarrassed so badly that someone will "buy out" Doug's AD/HC jobs.

The only way he will leave is if someone makes him leave. I absolutely know for a fact that he loves doing what he's doing more than just about anything. One can argue all day about whether or not he is good at it, and I'm not suggesting anything one way or the other. I don't go to games anymore to see their play to make a judgment. But he's not leaving on his own anytime soon.....take that as a guarantee.

The only way he will leave is if someone makes him leave. I absolutely know for a fact that he loves doing what he's doing more than just about anything. One can argue all day about whether or not he is good at it, and I'm not suggesting anything one way or the other. I don't go to games anymore to see their play to make a judgment. But he's not leaving on his own anytime soon.....take that as a guarantee.

I don't disagree with you. The only thing that'll talk in this situation is money, IMHO.

Every man has his price. Especially in cash-strapped Tazewell County.