WEEK 5 Lil'Leonards_Losers

Leonards_Losers

WEEK 5

It’s mid September and football is at full tilt. It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Little League, Middle School, J.V., High School, College and Pro, you can catch a game any day of the week. But Homecoming is just once a year. Parades, Queens and Funnel Cakes are just on the horizon. Now don’t get me wrong, district games are important, but they only crown one Homecoming Queen a year. I can remember one year the Green Dragons of Garden played in six Homecoming games and only one was theirs. A lot of the teams in rebuilding modes are Homecoming specials. Just remember the beat downs handed out this year will be paid back with interest in years to come. And let’s not forget the Beat Down handed out by my beloved WASPS over UVA Wise at the Hive last week. Now let’s get down to pickin’.

John Battle @ Patrick Henry

I am officially on the John Battle BANDWAGON. For as long as I can remember JSB has been the mule you couldn’t lead to water. They have been the Homecoming special for decades. But now Coach Witten has instilled skill, determination and pride into the Chariot Riders. (That’s something Doctor Phil couldn’t do when he was the coach). Instead of being the pushover now they are the ones doing the pushing. PH has had a rough start, but they are working hard and getting better. Coach Mike knows his football, and will see this rough spell through. It may not be this week, but the wins are coming!

Lil’Leonards_Losers – PH

Abingdon @ Tazewell

Last Friday The Blue Buzzards ran into a huge WIND STORM. This WIND STORM was so bad, that instead of flying “SOUTHBOUNDâ€, it caused the Blue Buzzards to fly in circles. They got so Dizzy and Worned out flying in circles, that they have decided to stick around a few more weeks to recuperate. They’ll be looking for a little R&R in Tazewell this Friday. Now the Bullpuppies have had a hard time this year searching for a win. In fact, they win column is “Bone Dryâ€. However, we feel these puppies still have a BITE. After reading about and listening to all the crowing around by the “Wine and Chessers†last week, we hear that there are discussions going on to change their nickname. That’s Right; Fans and Folks, the new nickname is to be “The Blue Cock-A-Doodle-Doosâ€

Lil’Leonards_Losers – “THE BLUE COCK-A-DOODLE-DOOSâ€

Carroll County @ Grayson County

Some of you DEEP SWVA Football fans may not realize what a rival this I-77 bash is. Think PV & APPy, J.I. & J.J. Kelly, Richlands & Tazewell with extra sugar on your funnel cake. Carroll County is 2-2 and Grayson is 3-1 heading into this contest. The Skinny sworded Cavs put a “cow tromping†on the Tazewell Bullpuppies last weekend, while the BLUE DEVILS suffered their 1st loss of the year last week to a BUNCH OF UNDEFEATED ROWDY HIGHLANDERS†at Glenvar. Both teams are capable of putting a lot of points on the scoreboard. Look for this one to go down to the final possession. I-77 Bragging Rights will go to the EAST SIDE of I-77 this year.

Lil’Leonards_Losers – Grayson County

Pound @ Twin Valley

Last week I picked those Garwood Black Kittens to beat those Two Winged Stingers from Eastern Kentucky. Well, the score might not have I’ve gone my way but those Black Kittens put up a fight. Each week these kittens are improving little by little, thanks to Coach Jones new diet he has them on. It’s amazing what a can of Fancy Feast and some warm milk can do. This week they are playing the Wildcats from the mountains of Wise County. The Bad News for Twin Valley is these Wildcats don’t like shelf food. They like to go out on the hunt to acquire their meals. I just hope these two schools remember its football season and not basketball season during the game though. Pound is famous for being the home of the (JUMP SHOT) and we all know what those Black Kittens can do with the round ball. However, Cousin Eugene remembers the fine instruction from Coach Jones back in his glories days of pickup games in gym class. If it comes down to foul shots the Kittens will win by 3. Pound just doesn’t play good on Buchanan County turf.

Lil’Leonards_Losers -- Pound

Although I don't mind the Blue cocka doodle doos or whatever it was, I think Leonard may miss this one. Now I am not one to count their chickens before they hatch, but based off what I have READ, stats, etc. I would have to think that this game is Abingdon's to lose. Now the Richlands game, that is a different story. That was a game that you hope for the best. I almost agree with SB on this one. IF you keep going against a team not based on stats, previous scores, players, etc. etc. but simply because that is the bandwagon to jump on now due to a couple of nanner heads on here, you may start to lose some credibility... Just an opinion and you guys all should know that I don't come on here to stir the pot with you. I try to be respectful and courteous until it is deemed you can't do that anymore. Anywho, just my 2 cents worth.

Although I don't mind the Blue cocka doodle doos or whatever it was, I think Leonard may miss this one. Now I am not one to count their chickens before they hatch, but based off what I have READ, stats, etc. I would have to think that this game is Abingdon's to lose. Now the Richlands game, that is a different story. That was a game that you hope for the best. I almost agree with SB on this one. IF you keep going against a team not based on stats, previous scores, players, etc. etc. but simply because that is the bandwagon to jump on now due to a couple of nanner heads on here, you may start to lose some credibility... Just an opinion and you guys all should know that I don't come on here to stir the pot with you. I try to be respectful and courteous until it is deemed you can't do that anymore. Anywho, just my 2 cents worth.

I agree I think a couple of nanner heads has gotten Leornard's losers off focus. I think Abingdon wins this by 10 points.:)

Leonard could be looking to pick an upset. Who would have thought JMU could beat VT? I MISSED this game on my pickem' sheet. How may of you posters got that one right? OR it could be a reply to some of the arrogance of certain "whine & Cheesers". I've seen Richlands play and I've seen Gate City play, I haven't seen Abingdon play, but I'll make a prediction. If Abingdon and Gate City were to play this season, Gate City would probably win by at least 3 TDS.

I agree I think a couple of nanner heads has gotten Leornard's losers off focus. I think Abingdon wins this by 10 points.:)

Thank you wave, someone seeing exactly what I was trying to say. :) by the way, the weather sure is nice here in Myrtle...:)

Thank you wave, someone seeing exactly what I was trying to say. :) by the way, the weather sure is nice here in Myrtle...:)

Go ahead and rub it in......lol ! Hope you have good weather the whole trip. A couple of us are riding our cycles down in a month.

We rode our bikes to Carolina beach in 05 and got caught in hurricane Ophelia. Man that was a blast......not ! We made it to the condo about an hr before it hit....lol

Listen Leo the Lozer, you will be eating your words after tonight, the Falcons will roll. Also, who picks the loser of a game? Oh, wait, A FREAKING LOZER! There I said it! So, Bye,bye Leo I'm done wit ya!:D

Edited by Falconman

Go ahead and rub it in......lol ! Hope you have good weather the whole trip. A couple of us are riding our cycles down in a month.

We rode our bikes to Carolina beach in 05 and got caught in hurricane Ophelia. Man that was a blast......not ! We made it to the condo about an hr before it hit....lol

The weather right now could not be any better. It is absolutely beautiful. I have never been this late in the season, but IMO, this has to be one of the best times to go. I bet October would be excellent as well. Another good thing, is that there aren't a lot of people which I like. So far so good. Hopefully no tropical storms or anything when you come down either. Be safe and have a great weekend!

EW

(Congrats to Abingdon tonight. Wish i could be there. I am sure nannerhead 1 and nannerhead 2 will give us some kind of rundown on how now Abingdon is in the running to be a top 25 team in the country this week after this win :) )

The weather right now could not be any better. It is absolutely beautiful. I have never been this late in the season, but IMO, this has to be one of the best times to go. I bet October would be excellent as well. Another good thing, is that there aren't a lot of people which I like. So far so good. Hopefully no tropical storms or anything when you come down either. Be safe and have a great weekend!

EW

(Congrats to Abingdon tonight. Wish i could be there. I am sure nannerhead 1 and nannerhead 2 will give us some kind of rundown on how now Abingdon is in the running to be a top 25 team in the country this week after this win :) )

It's already started.....LOL !

Have a safe trip home !