virginia high

fridaynightfun

what in the world happen?gettin beat by that one horse town?was honaker losing to john battle a fluke or winning against vhs a fluke?

I don't know if you can call a win by that much, and be completely dominated in the 2nd half a fluke win......JMHO Seems like that one horse town put a beatdown on the Bearcats tonight

Edited by Bigrhsfan

I don't know if you can call a win by that much, and be completely dominated in the 2nd half a fluke win......JMHO

Maybe Battle would love a 2nd game against VA High...I wouldnt call either one a fluke. Battle's Defense looks alot different than what VA High saw.

what in the world happen?gettin beat by that one horse town?was honaker losing to john battle a fluke or winning against vhs a fluke?

i think most would agree honaker is a better team than their record indicated,just shows what happens when a team eliminates mistakes and plays a solid game.

I think sometimes people forget about BDD teams, Honaker and Haysi are not world beaters and arent in the upper class of SWVA football but are both solid year in and year out and every now and then have some pretty good teams. Honaker is always a tough out, Hubbard always has those boys ready to play and they are physical.

GMan hit it right on the head. VHS plays a very undisciplined style of football in my opinion. Which surprised me considering they have a coach with state championships under his belt from Gretna.

They do have some speed but are very small. Chilhowie will beat them this week most likely.

GMan hit it right on the head. VHS plays a very undisciplined style of football in my opinion. Which surprised me considering they have a coach with state championships under his belt from Gretna.

They do have some speed but are very small. Chilhowie will beat them this week most likely.

Thurman was blessed with some GREAT talent at Gretna. Anyone could have coached those teams to State.

Thurman was blessed with some GREAT talent at Gretna. Anyone could have coached those teams to State.

Agree! Anyone could have won with the talent at Gretna. I saw those teams play a couple of times...not much discipline there either just had the talent to overcome the mistakes...

Va has a couple of good sized guys on the O line, but the D was not very big. Quick and had some speed but did not play as disciplined as they should have as was stated earlier. They had a bad habit of over pursuing on a lot of runs and not staying home and that got them into trouble with a couple of big runs.

Some traps and counters worked pretty good for the tigers.

But they do have some talent and could be a very dangerous team.

All the congrats to Honaker. Hubbard had a game plan and stuck to it. VHS "O" coordinator is obviously so predictable that it seemed at times they had our play too. Not really sure why QB kept throwing into double coverage all night or O cord had him doing it? Even the first pick 6 was a crazy play, 3rd and 3 and throw a 2 yd pass 25 yds across field??? Come on now that crazy. Also the QB had fell apart, throwing helmet, yelling and crying; in my opinion you can't lead like that. Everybody has a bad game but as QB you have to show no emotions! By no way am I taking anything away from the Tigers but VHS didn't play their game at all. And in my opinion if VHS doesn't come out and get a big win over a pretty darn good Chillhowie team their season could end up really bad!

I hope they can regroup and put it behind them and still make a run at the playoffs...we'll see on Friday night!

I hate to see VHS lose because of them selves. This has been a problem at VHS for years on their male side (besides baseball). When things seem to get tough they fall apart. I hope they can pull it together. Chilhowie might have the most predictable offense in the state, but they will punch you in the face. It will interesting to see how VHS responds.

Honaker's an ok football team, down considerably from what they usually have year in and year out... if you ask me Hubbard's seat is getting a little hot....

It was 14-7 VA and they ran the spread 100% I think that hurt them. They were slinging it in the shadow of their own goal post and a Honaker LB jumped a route in the flats and took a pick 6 like trick daddy back to the house.

Then VA high had an intentional grounding call in their own endzone for a safety making it 16-14 a couple more interceptions and big returns set up the game for Honaker.. Honaker did a good job capitalizing but VA High beat themselves.

Hubbard will never be on the hot seat. Hubbard has been there a long time and will continue to be there as long as he wants to. Honakers offense is set up to give one stud running back the ball 30-35 times a game and they just dont have that stud right now, some goob backs yes but not like they did from '99-06. Honaker didnt have alot of talent or success until '99, after that they have been solid and a top team in the region. Before '99 Honaker had done nothing and im afraid they may be reverting back to that, I truly hope not.