Battle vs PH

battleftbl

Battle came out very sluggish, as if they thought that PH would roll over for them. It took a half, and a horrible personal foul by PH and a sideline clearing brawl to wake the trojans up, However they reeled off 21 unawnsered points and the back ups got some PT for the entire 4th quarter. The Battle D has stepped up huge since the VA high game. We've pitched 2 shutouts and a 7 point game so far this season. I'm not sure what Defense showed up at VA high.

The personal foul was pretty bad, have to say I've never seen anything like it before. PH looked to fumble the ball, a battle player picks it up and runs it back about 65 yard for a TD. Celebrates with his teammates while a PH player is sprinting from the 50 yard line and spears the battle player as he turns around. needless to say a slight brawl broke out but was quickly broke up. That TD was called back because the runner was ruled down, however It did wake up the trojans and the game was quickly put out of reach.

Abingdon.......You're Next

Battle came out very sluggish, as if they thought that PH would roll over for them. It took a half, and a horrible personal foul by PH and a sideline clearing brawl to wake the trojans up, However they reeled off 21 unawnsered points and the back ups got some PT for the entire 4th quarter. The Battle D has stepped up huge since the VA high game. We've pitched 2 shutouts and a 7 point game so far this season. I'm not sure what Defense showed up at VA high.

The personal foul was pretty bad, have to say I've never seen anything like it before. PH looked to fumble the ball, a battle player picks it up and runs it back about 65 yard for a TD. Celebrates with his teammates while a PH player is sprinting from the 50 yard line and spears the battle player as he turns around. needless to say a slight brawl broke out but was quickly broke up. That TD was called back because the runner was ruled down, however It did wake up the trojans and the game was quickly put out of reach.

Abingdon.......You're Next

Just like the brawl against Northwood in 06. But the refs blew the whistle (several times) when he went down and the announcer kept saying the play was over on the intercom. He must have just been excited though and didn't hear. I mean, how often does a young lineman like that get to do something like that? I hope this win, along with being 4-1, puts us in the right frame of mind going into Abingdon. I think we can take them this year.......of course, that's assuming that Southbound and Falconman don't get us with their "mind games" :D

Just like the brawl against Northwood in 06. But the refs blew the whistle (several times) when he went down and the announcer kept saying the play was over on the intercom. He must have just been excited though and didn't hear. I mean, how often does a young lineman like that get to do something like that? I hope this win, along with being 4-1, puts us in the right frame of mind going into Abingdon. I think we can take them this year.......of course, that's assuming that Southbound and Falconman don't get us with their "mind games" :D

I think possibly your guys took PH a little too lightly, and were possibly looking ahead. You'll have a ton of us pulling for you vs Abingdon. Normally I wouldn't really have a dog in this hunt, but Falcongirl and her sidekick have a lot of us pulling for a Trojan victory.

Good for you guys, just remember to take it one game at a time. never take a team to lightly, no matter who it is. That's why lebanon has beaten us in region d 2 years in a row, we got cocky and went there thinking we were gonna roll them, and they rolled us. We honestly were the better team last year. just really bad decisions.

I can't wait to see what you guys bring to legion.

we definatly took PH lightly. When we came on the field we looked uninterested, like the game was already over. I looked at a buddy of mine and said this game will be much closer than we'd like. Lesson learned though, as I believe Coach Witten lit a fire under them at halftime.

I think we have a good shot vs Abingdon next week, I know we'll have to play error free football though. It'll be interesting. It will not be a walk in the park for Abingdon, like in years past. Thanks for the support, hopefully we'll shut falconman and southbound up for awhile.

we definatly took PH lightly. When we came on the field we looked uninterested, like the game was already over. I looked at a buddy of mine and said this game will be much closer than we'd like. Lesson learned though, as I believe Coach Witten lit a fire under them at halftime.

I think we have a good shot vs Abingdon next week, I know we'll have to play error free football though. It'll be interesting. It will not be a walk in the park for Abingdon, like in years past. Thanks for the support, hopefully we'll shut falconman and southbound up for awhile.

You should go buy a lottery ticket then you would have a chance ; against the Falcons forget about it.

Ahhh yes be careful....the ole Jedi mine tricks, almost works every time !

It's good to see battle having the year they are having so far ! keep it up !

actually....battle started the fight on friday night and PH finished it. We might lose every game but by god we win fights...overall all tho battle had the worst sportsmanship throughout the entire game iv ever seen. and while im at it il make a comment on there "Big Bad D"...they were the softest front line and linebacker iv ever seen. i mean iv seen Whitesides run over a lot of poeple but never that many play after play...i think we should have won that game...if it wasnt for the refs it would have been a totally different ball game...they made god awful calls

actually....battle started the fight on friday night and PH finished it. We might lose every game but by god we win fights...overall all tho battle had the worst sportsmanship throughout the entire game iv ever seen. and while im at it il make a comment on there "Big Bad D"...they were the softest front line and linebacker iv ever seen. i mean iv seen Whitesides run over a lot of poeple but never that many play after play...i think we should have won that game...if it wasnt for the refs it would have been a totally different ball game...they made god awful calls

I initially wasnt going to get into to much detail....but what game were you watching? Your statement about winning fights sums up the entire attitude of PH's team friday night. Battle's kids were trying to break it up at first while a few PH kids hit them from behind and caused a pile up. And the fight started when a PH player ran from the 50 yard line and speared a battle player as they turned around after the play was dead. PH showed poor sportsmanship the entire game friday night, as I guess they figured they didnt have anything to lose since they're destined for an 0-10 season. Your headcoach went to the Battle locker room and apologized and said he took full responsability for the poor sportsmanship displayed by his players. The school board and VHSL has the film and has already informed John Battle that there would be no suspensions for us, however PH would have a few athletes be suspended or punished at school. I do feel bad for the PH kid that went to the hospital as a result of the fight, I hope he is doing well and doesnt miss anytime due to injury. Also the referee crew will see diciplinary actions, due to the lack of control they showed. The ref's did nothing to break it up, they just stood around and watched. The coaching staffs did a good job and prevented this thing from getting way out of control.

The only time PH's fan base cheered friday night was after the fight while the players were celebrating on the sidelines.....thats great...You're 0-3,Battle scheduled you for homecoming, you're getting shutout, and the players and fans are going crazy after a brawl? No wonder your athletic program is going down the toilet. The only person on that sidelines who was furious was Mike Compton. After seeing the game, and hearing the fans friday night, I see that PH has 200 headcoaches in the stands that wont let the real coach do his job. That comes from hearing some of the PH fans talk. Combine that with having kids that wont stick around when it's time to put in some hard work, and Compton is in a no win situation.

Good luck to ya the rest of the way, but please dont come on here and act like PH was innocent and like they took it to battle. I watched the game, and watched it all on video a few more times.....it was the complete opposite.

One funny note about this.......Mike Compton was picking PH players off the pile with one arm and running them back to the sidelines. He made it look like he was picking up duffle bags, lol. After the game I overheard an 65 year old, 5'9 170lb PH fan make the statement "if he would have pulled my kid up like that, I'd have kicked his a$$.........Compton would have broke the ole man in half.

Wasn't going to dignify the situation with any comment BUT I went to PH and must stand up for them. First, the refs lost complete of control mainly because they were at the other end of the field. Second, based on my experience and what I saw Friday, John Battle hasn't changed The worst sportsmanship of any team I've ever faced in the past or seen this year. So, if you think you have turned things around down there you are greatly mistaken! The lack of discipline will catch up with you, it will cost you. As far as coaching at PH, there needs to be a change.

Whats bad, is I picked Battle to beat Abingdon this week, mainly because I hate the Falcons. But, maybe it is you that I now HATE!

Wasn't going to dignify the situation with any comment BUT I went to PH and must stand up for them. First, the refs lost complete of control mainly because they were at the other end of the field. Second, based on my experience and what I saw Friday, John Battle hasn't changed The worst sportsmanship of any team I've ever faced in the past or seen this year. So, if you think you have turned things around down there you are greatly mistaken! The lack of discipline will catch up with you, it will cost you. As far as coaching at PH, there needs to be a change.

Whats bad, is I picked Battle to beat Abingdon this week, mainly because I hate the Falcons. But, maybe it is you that I now HATE!

Bad sportsmanship......our players celebrating together after they return a fumble 65 yards for a TD.....a D Lineman returned it, he was pumped to just get his hands on the ball. and then a PH player sprints 60 yards and spears him......I've seen the video, the vhsl and washington co schools seen the video......It seems that all agree on who started it, except for People from PH.......do you think its some kind of state wide conspiracy against you guys? C'mon man. Our players didnt want to fight......They barely wanted to play. All Battle was concerned with Friday night was securing the win, and staying healthy. Thats why the game was so close for the first half. We just wanted to get it over, and get to Abingdon. It almost got us beat. You said yourself that once we got fired up, we were a different team.

Your coach even admitted it, and apologized for it.

I'm glad that you picked us this week, but has nothing to do with this. If the roles would have been reversed, I would have accused PH of starting it, but go watch the video....watch it a few times.....watch the 3 battle players trying to break it up, and the PH sideline jumping them from behind.... Watch that video...and then come and talk to me. I'm not speaking on emotion or school pride...Im speaking on knowledge of the situation, and video evidence on what happened.

Edited by battleftbl

Why we gotta hate? It's high school sports. You're going to hate Abingdon and John Battle? It's like hating Cheerios. Just a big waste of hate.

Hate mosquitos, mosquitos suck. Or Jock-itch. Don't flaunt the big H word around because your team got smacked around on the football field and in a physical altercation. If anyone is to blame, it's EVERYONE. Coaches, players, referees, and parents. Every single one of those played into why a group of ignorant kids from each team went WWE on one another in the middle of a high school football game.

Why we gotta hate? It's high school sports. You're going to hate Abingdon and John Battle? It's like hating Cheerios. Just a big waste of hate.

Hate mosquitos, mosquitos suck. Or Jock-itch. Don't flaunt the big H word around because your team got smacked around on the football field and in a physical altercation. If anyone is to blame, it's EVERYONE. Coaches, players, referees, and parents. Every single one of those played into why a group of ignorant kids from each team went WWE on one another in the middle of a high school football game.

lol...I dont believe the coaches had anything to do with it.....but players and referees sure did. The ref's were horrible and let things get out of control.

lol...I dont believe the coaches had anything to do with it.....but players and referees sure did. The ref's were horrible and let things get out of control.

Coaches have a lot to do with it. We were threatened early on in the season that if a fight ever broke out on the field, those involved would pay dearly, at fault or not. Apparently that isn't the case here.

The refs never had control over the game. They did nothing to prevent this from happening, and sure didnt do anything from stopping it. Thats why you'll not see any harsh penalties for what happened. Maybe a 1 game suspension or ISS or something, but nothing more. I believe me and the PH fans here will agree about the refs.

Battle has been known for its bad sportsmanship for awhile. That was their reputation. I am not saying they were to blame for this... just stating. It seems their new coach has changed that a little.

PHHS is in free falling. You can blame who you want, but a lot goes to the principal and the head football coach. Their head coach and some of his assistances have been noted a bunch of times for belittling their players and embarrassing them. Some may argue that kids are soft these days (true) but you do not embarrass a player. PHHS use to have about 50-60 kids come out for football. Now they have 25? They canceled their JV season. Kids do not want to play for their coaches there. It's sad that it has come to this... attitude reflects leadership. In this case it's true.

Also the referee crew will see diciplinary actions, due to the lack of control they showed. The ref's did nothing to break it up, they just stood around and watched.

just curious as to what type of disciplinary action the officials will receive? Did you hear from the VHSL that there would be action taken against them? Or, are you assuming that there will be action taken against them? I have no idea what happened at the game, except for what you wrote. Just curious.

just curious as to what type of disciplinary action the officials will receive? Did you hear from the VHSL that there would be action taken against them? Or, are you assuming that there will be action taken against them? I have no idea what happened at the game, except for what you wrote. Just curious.

I was given this information by a friend that works in the Washington County School Board Office, as they've been in contact with the VHSL regarding the game Friday night. I'm not sure how the officials will be diciplined, or if they actually will be. We'll just have to wait and see.

He was injured during the fight, but I'm not sure how it happened. Players were running everywhere so it was kind of hard to keep up once the sidelines cleared. Hopefully the kid is alright and wont miss any time though.

HMMMM! Just like the brawl in 06? That tells me that there is something up with the "brawls" that you all have had down there in Bristol. So, there is a history of you all acting this way.

sounds like these teams taking their fitball way to serious.i jump yell and act silly as the next man when it comes to high school fitball,but thats just way over the line .these are kids but could also be classified as young adults.

I only know of two brawls that have happened at Battle ever (in 06 and this year). There may have been more long ago, but I've never heard of them and in both cases, the refs were mostly to blame for letting things get way out of hand, then doing nothing about it. As for the bad sportsmanship on Battle, first I've heard of it. Sure, kids on ANY team will trash talk and get an occasional punch or shove or something thrown in, but to say that Battle has the worst sportsmanship in the area? At least we have the respect to kneel when a player is injured (unlike VA High....talk about sportsmanship).

Which PH player went to the Hospital? I never heard about that... Yes, a PH player chased JB's player but didn't tackle him from what I remember, but I do remember a JB player running down there and hitting the PH player after the play knocking him down, I think that's what started it... Yes, PH's fans should not have cheered but JB shouldn't have started it, The refs were god awful, that I will agree on. PH team is mostly young and hopefully will get better, but congrats on the win. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season. JUST PLAY FOOTBALL, THAT'S ALL I WANT TO SEE!!!!