Looks like Bluefield will be down another opponent in 2011

Bluefield_Rules

For the umpteenth time...teams on Graham's schedule for next year...

Bluefield, Princeton, Tazewell, Richlands, Marion, Narrows, Bland Co., Fort Chiswell, Galax, and Grayson Co.

Unless one, or more, of these teams has contacted Graham High School and asked out of the series, these are the teams Graham will play for the next two years (except for maybe Princeton).

Just tell you what the guy that I was talking to said and when it comes to Richlands schedule I would think he would know before just about anyone else who is gonna be on it.

Just tell you what the guy that I was talking to said and when it comes to Richlands schedule I would think he would know before just about anyone else who is gonna be on it.

Well, then, if that is the case, it would be Richlands who has dropped Graham based on the information that I was told several months ago after it was decided that Graham was dropping to Class A next season. The person who gave me the info said he had already spoken with the schools I've named above and they had all agreed to a 2-year contract beginning 2011. If Richlands is looking for an all-AA schedule, as it sounds like you are suggesting, then they would be the one who has backed out on the deal...but hey, it wouldn't be a first for Richlands...<cough>Bluefield</cough>...

I would think the school board would want to ensure that the Tazewell County schools will continue to play each other, no matter what classification.

Have heard Tazewell and Giles will be playing each other next year.

Life has many choices---eternity two

Well, then, if that is the case, it would be Richlands who has dropped Graham based on the information that I was told several months ago after it was decided that Graham was dropping to Class A next season. The person who gave me the info said he had already spoken with the schools I've named above and they had all agreed to a 2-year contract beginning 2011. If Richlands is looking for an all-AA schedule, as it sounds like you are suggesting, then they would be the one who has backed out on the deal...but hey, it wouldn't be a first for Richlands...<cough>Bluefield</cough>...

I didn't think Richlands ever backed out on a deal with Bluefield...they just didn't renew the contract...am I wrong?

Ive heard from a member of the Richlands team it is a done deal Bluefield goes back on the schedule as of next season.

Richlands is losing Honaker, Leb, Powell Valley, Grundy, Graham, and if im not mistaken there is one more.

They are NOT dropping Graham....Graham will remain on the schedule....

I personally hate that Richlands and Bluefield do not play each other any more. Me being from Bluefield, the wife being from Richlands, always made it an interesting week around the household the week of that game.

These scheduling dilemas I am constantly reading about on here, whats the deal? Im clueless here... Is it totally up to the individual school to schedule their games? If there is a constant problem with scheduling, then maybe the states athletic commission should step in and do the scheduling. I personally would like to see Bluefield play closer proximity games... just saying. Pros / Cons??

I personally hate that Richlands and Bluefield do not play each other any more. Me being from Bluefield, the wife being from Richlands, always made it an interesting week around the household the week of that game.

You think that's bad, you should have to deal with the Graham/Beaver thing...:D...

Richlands is losing Grundy and Lebanon. That's all.

That's what I thought...thanks for clearing it up. I think some people post things just to see there screen-name on the 'net...