Grundy @ Marion Week 6

Lance

Rematch...these two hooked up in Grundy for what I thought was the best game I've seen in years, even though it didn't go Grundy's way it was a great game to watch. Then later on at Marion it was all Hurricanes in a blow out in the playoffs.

This year Grundy comes in at 4-0 again but playing much better ball than last year.

Has anyone seen both teams play yet and if so how do you guys think it will play out...might be Grundy's best test so far.

Two things...it's on the road at Marion, but Grundy seems to play well on the road...and it's this was a bye week for Grundy and in the past Grundy has a history of playing a little flat out of a bye week...that concerns me as much as anything.

The SWD opener for Grundy this year...what do you guys think...especially you Graham folks who saw the game last night.

I hate to make this prediction because I really don't like either team. I think Marion wins this game 21-7. Marion has been tested by several single A schools so far. Actually you would think both teams are single A because that is all they play against. Grundy will not be 9-0, they still have to play the Falcons. They have not beat us in 5-6 years. :D

If the refs hadn't missed a clipping call last year, and one big special teams return Grundy would've won this one last year.

Grundy 9-0 vs Richlands 9-0.... I can't wait!

Get em' Compton!

The game at Grundy had some questionable calls both ways last season. It was a good game. I still can`t believe the Marion coach went for it 4th and 3 on his own 25 yard line up with Grundy having the momentum.

Edited by HurricaneWarning

I hate to make this prediction because I really don't like either team. I think Marion wins this game 21-7. Marion has been tested by several single A schools so far. Actually you would think both teams are single A because that is all they play against. Grundy will not be 9-0, they still have to play the Falcons. They have not beat us in 5-6 years. :D

Whens the last time you guys played a AA school out of district????

If the refs hadn't missed a clipping call last year, and one big special teams return Grundy would've won this one last year.

Grundy 9-0 vs Richlands 9-0.... I can't wait!

Get em' Compton!

week off could of hurt them but i dont think they will be 9-0... i look for grundy to win grahm and maybe the dawgs who knows high school football can go either way

9-0 is a long way to go from here, we are worried about getting to 5-0 right now lol. All the SWD games could go either way this year...Grundy is playing good ball and has been mostly lucky in keeping everyone healthy. Smith out in Tazzy has a special place in his heart for Grundy we all know, so I'm sure he will have the Dawgs ready to roll on Halloween....Graham and Grundy is a good rivaly in itself going back a long time, Grundy whipped Abingdon last year and somehow managed to end up behind when time ran out, the Marion game at Grundy was a last second thriller that could have gone either way....and we have not beat Richlands in so long I can't even remember when it was. Then you have CC down there playing good ball to deal with....9-0 would be awesome, but it's a long shot all things considered. I think Grundy can do it if they continue to improve and keep everyone healthy...but they could just as easily be 4-5...it's all going to come down to how bad these kids want it and how far they are willing to push themselves to get it.

Grundy wins this one easily. I've seen Marion play twice this year (RR, and GHS), they're not that impressive. The winless Indians were tied with them at the half, and the unable to tackle winless G-Men only lost by a field goal. Grundy should have a really good time in M-town.

I'm going to go against the grain and pick Marion to win this one.....it is their homecoming and they will be motivated....We really don't know how good Grundy is, they've played St. Mary's school for the blind....and who else???

Well you know Gene.....

All this talk about 9-0 has got me excited brother..... Grundy's gonna put those 24 inch pythons around the Southwest District brother.... it's going to be 9-0 Grundy vs 9-0 Richlands Allstar team....

I watched Grundy play @ Abingdon brother and Grundy ran it right down the Falcon's throats... so Abingdon better take their vitamins, say their prayers.... cause I don't see Kelly throwing 3 fades after Grundy runs wild on them.... there's no enterance to "scare" the Golden Wave and the Buchanan Co. Bird Watchers Club says it's a no fly zone in Buchanan County!

Whatcha' gonna do when Grundy runs Wild on you Falcons!

Rematch...these two hooked up in Grundy for what I thought was the best game I've seen in years, even though it didn't go Grundy's way it was a great game to watch. Then later on at Marion it was all Hurricanes in a blow out in the playoffs.

This year Grundy comes in at 4-0 again but playing much better ball than last year.

Has anyone seen both teams play yet and if so how do you guys think it will play out...might be Grundy's best test so far.

Two things...it's on the road at Marion, but Grundy seems to play well on the road...and it's this was a bye week for Grundy and in the past Grundy has a history of playing a little flat out of a bye week...that concerns me as much as anything.

The SWD opener for Grundy this year...what do you guys think...especially you Graham folks who saw the game last night.

man yall sound like southbound and falconman, "we whooped em' they just scored more points than us"

man yall sound like southbound and falconman, "we whooped em' they just scored more points than us"

go back and read the posts made after the game last year...even your own said Grundy out played you lol...i have no idea how you ended up winning that game...other than a FG of course.

that was great..if our coach dosent kill us we might surprise ppl..we have talent just need sum coachin..somethin we lack..this might be close..going to say marion..17-14..homecomin,and we are gettin almost all the homecomin stuff done on thurs.so the players can enjoy and not worry about the game as well..plus,grundy is a long ride..could be loud..the kids and those darn soccer horns..lol

that was great..if our coach dosent kill us we might surprise ppl..we have talent just need sum coachin..somethin we lack..this might be close..going to say marion..17-14..homecomin,and we are gettin almost all the homecomin stuff done on thurs.so the players can enjoy and not worry about the game as well..plus,grundy is a long ride..could be loud..the kids and those darn soccer horns..lol

all I'm going to say is somebody better reserve some padded rooms in Marion cause Compton and that D will be driving them crazy with all the Blitz packages they'll be dialing up....:rolleyes:

Good thing it's on the baseball field, because I see Grundy knocking this one out of the park.... maybe for a touchdown celebration on the closest end maybe Kelly or Rife one of Grundy's pitchers can throw a fastball with the football to another play posing as a catcher just some food for thought on the TD celebration:confused: