Abingdon @ Carroll County

vatech

I'm nervous about this game. I feel like AHS could be in for good ole fashion football game. Carroll County seems to be running the ball well. I've not seen them play this year.

Last week was the best Offensive performance I've seen out of Abingdon this year. Abingdon's vertical game came to life last week. With Caleb Widener and Chris Dawson it really makes the defense defend the deep ball (they both were open deep). Dawson the past two games has 5 carries for 70+ yards. I’m sure Hess is smiling about the ability to throw at these two targets.

I just feel like Abingdon defense is going to have to play sound defense and tackle well this week.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Carroll Co. pounds it down Abingdon's throat and wins this game pretty easily...CC by a couple of TDs...

Don't know if you've actually watched an abingdon football game or heard about any of them but nobody, not even richlands, has pounded it down abingdons throat this year

Don't know if you've actually watched an abingdon football game or heard about any of them but nobody, not even richlands, has pounded it down abingdons throat this year

Richlands for the most part hasn't pounded down many peoples throat this year. For the most part Devon hasn't ran the ball more than 6,7 or 8 times a game.Maybe its just me but the Blues seem to be holding back on the run for some reason. I will take CC 21-10.

If that's the case so far this season, prepare for a "first"...

The drive is easier then Grundy...

Abingdon is going to need to be able to tackle well if they want to win this game.

Don't worry, you will never have to come back again after this year...I'm also glad grundy never has to go to hillsville ever again...EVER

I think Carroll Co. pounds it down Abingdon's throat and wins this game pretty easily...CC by a couple of TDs...

I know you are down on Graham every year but the Falcons are headed in the other direction. Listen, I am telling you Abingdon has some really good athletes coming in the next few years. Wait and see! They could easily win this district 5 or 6 years in a row. We have beaten Carroll at least 3 out of last 5 years, we match up well with them and usually beat them pretty handily. We have definetely played a more demanding schedule to this point. We are ready! We are Falcons! Falcons win 38-14 :eek:

I know you are down on Graham every year but the Falcons are headed in the other direction. Listen, I am telling you Abingdon has some really good athletes coming in the next few years. Wait and see! They could easily win this district 5 or 6 years in a row. We have beaten Carroll at least 3 out of last 5 years, we match up well with them and usually beat them pretty handily. We have definetely played a more demanding schedule to this point. We are ready! We are Falcons! Falcons win 38-14 :eek:

Woah, woah, woah, turbo!!! So far you have played Patrick Henry, JI Burton, Richlands, Tazewell, and John Battle. Their schedule thus far is Patrick County, Bassett, Christiansburg, Tazewell, and Grayson County. Their schedule so far has been FAR AND AWAY superior to that of Abingdon.

lol man you dont have a clue what you are talking about why dont you go and ask your daddy for some more advice and knowledge

I'm not his daddy, but I will drop some knowledge on him. I've seen both play the same opponent. Carroll's D is stout they will clog up the run and make Abingdon one dimensional. On offense, they run the Wing T to perfection. As aggressive as Abingdon's Backers and safety are, they will be caught out of position which should lead to nice gainers. Carroll passes just enough to catch a D unprepared. If Carroll controls time of possession, they will win easily. The edge in the kicking game goes to Moreno of Carroll.

That said, I expect it to be about 35-24 Carroll. It should be a fun game to watch. Too bad I am going to Graham's homecoming with my wife. I still am waiting to see a good competitive game, and this one will be competitive.

maybe, maybe it will be a night of firsts and graham gets its first win of the season

The only first Graham is going to have this year is the first 0-10 season in history...

Don't worry, you will never have to come back again after this year...I'm also glad grundy never has to go to hillsville ever again...EVER

x2

I think it will be a close game but CC will win it...hard to come out of CC with a win on a good year.

No they don't...and yes, they have, a couple of times...

You really don't think they have a shot?? Seems harsh. Even if Tazewell does win it will be close.. I admire your steadfastness about how bad your team deserves to lose. Kinda how I feel about VT's offense...

You really don't think they have a shot?? Seems harsh. Even if Tazewell does win it will be close.. I admire your steadfastness about how bad your team deserves to lose. Kinda how I feel about VT's offense...

No, I don't think they have a shot. When I see a turd in a punch bowl, I call it a turd in a punch bowl...not brown ice...

And, don't EVEN get me started on the VT offense, specifically that dumba$$ they call an OC...

So much for starting a thread for some posters to give great insight instead of something sarcastic and predict outrages outcomes for the 5 consecutive week.

Personally I think AHS will have a hard time early with Carrol County... However, if AHS can overcome themselves I believe AHS pulls it out. I think AHS has been able to overcome themselves so far this year when things go bad... unlike years past. If Carroll gets up my more then 2 touchdowns in the 2nd half. AHS better be able to stop them because Carroll will milk that clock.