WEEK 11 -- Lil'Leonards_Losers (The Final Countdown to the playoffs)

Leonards_Losers

Lil’ Leonard Week 11

Since they may not be many picks for next week, here is a few to entertain you fine folks for the time being. But don’t worry we will have a play-off preview for all of our loyal readers. So make sure you double-click O’ Leonard next week for a good laugh. Remember when the play-offs start that’s when Percy’s pickin’ gets dead dog serious!!!

Richlands @ Grundy

We have been asked why we never pick the Bend of Slate Brawlers (AKA Golden Wave). And the reason is, Percy got his drivers licenses under Greg Rowe, and he swore that he would never ever pick Grundy in a Southwest District game. Since this is the last hoorah between these two historic rivals and Grundy’s last SWD game he decided to pick it. Percy’s granddaddy, Lonzo, still talks about the glory days when The Brawlers dominated the Big Blue Wind Machine. Last week the Brawlers brawled at The TipTop Tabernacle and spanked Coach Smith’s Bull Puppies. On the other side of Tazewell County the Big Blue Wind Machine blew away the Cavs at the Ernie Rockin’ HICKS field. This week the Bend of Slate Brawlers will be trying to dial up some first downs against the Storm Troopers. But the Force will not be with the WAVE. Yoda has given them his wisdom and told them that Master Mance has turned many a young recruit to the dark side and the light at the end of tunnel…….(will be the #44 train). The Bad News for the Storm Troopers is that the Grundy Volunteer Fire Department will be busy all week long saturating The Pond (AKA Nelson Memorial Field) but not to worry the Storm Troopers will have their long cleats. The good news for the G-Town faithful since both teams are a combined 17-1 Aunt LouLou will be selling golden boysen berry funnel cakes (bring your own sugar). Going to miss the Golden Boys in the SWD…..

Lil’Leonards_Losers – The Southwest District

Coeburn @ Castlewood

This game is for the Tobacco Spittin’ District (Brass Spitoon). The Castlewood Woodsmen are taking on the Blue Heavy Metal Crew. The Blue Heavy Metal Crew will try to muscle their way to a championship but don’t Count those pesky Devils out of this contest. These two teams started off the season at the bottom of the rankings in the Tobacco Spittin’ District and now they are just one win away from the championship. The word around Big Stone Gap is that Dr. Phil has been calling the VHSL reps.. to find a way to put Coeburn in Division 1 by the end of the week. Russell County Public Schools has been complaining about all of the e-mails Dr. Phil has been sending to C-Wood (52 a day). Percy’s, buddy Elmer said you ought to see those plays Dr. Phil e-mailed those Devils. The head devil from C-Wood told Elmer that he could run all of those plays if he had a couple of Jones’s too. It’s simple if Coeburn Wins Dr. Phil last game will be this Friday night against The Royal Blue Bulldogs. Also, If Coeburn wins they will be playing Gate City (D2) and if Castlewood wins they will be playing J.I. Burton or Clintwood (D1) in the first round of the playoffs. OUCH!!!!!

Lil’ Leonards_Losers – the WINNER

Haysi @ Honaker

Doug and his Pride of Tigers have been busy all week cleaning the Trophy case. It’s always a BIG DEAL where to put the BDD Championship Trophy. James and his crew have been cleaning too; they’re just cleaning the storage unit for after the game. James has been Doug’s arch nemesis for decades now. I don’t know if they exchange X-mas cards, but I doubt it. Doug’s Tigers are on the hunt and James’s can’t wait for Round-Ball to get started.

Lil’Leonards_Losers – Haysi

J.J. Kelly @ J.I. Burton

This game is very important for the “RED MEN” from Wise. With the Blue Heavy Metal Crew trying to knock a good team out of the playoffs; a Kelly win would guarantee the 2nd seed. Burton is banged up from piling up sand bags last week trying to stop the Golden Green High waters they encountered. Percy said, during the flood last week a Ralph Stanley cover band kept playing the song “Orange Blossom Special” during the game. I have to stay this; I’m down right embarrassed of Cousin Eugene last week. He pulled a Hulkamiania. The fans from Clintwood told me that after the Green Wave scored their 2nd touchdown, Eugene stood up and ran to the bottom of the bleachers and ripped my favorite Conway Twitty t-shirt off like Hulk Hogan. Cousin Eugene weighs 475 and is 5’1 (just picture that folks). Kelly might make a game of this but it won’t be enough. Percy and I have seen both teams in action and those Raiders move just a little faster than their opponents this week. Yes Phil I agree with you, no team from the Cumberland should be in Division 2, and Clintwood should be in D2. But Haysi is not going to be Honaker so you better hope that the CW Devils can pull it out….

Lil’ Leonards_Losers – J.J. Kelly

Powell Valley at Appy

This Friday will be the end of the Robbins Era (unless Powell Valley makes the playoffs). Admiral Phil and his Viking band have raided and plundered a many of SWVA hamlets for years taking very few prisoners. The Admiral will set sail a hop-skip and jump up the road to probably the most furious of his longtime rivals, Appalachia. Now while neither team is up to par of their past glory teams, this game has the makin’s of a KNOCK-DOWN, SLOBBER-KNOCKING, SNOT-SLINGING BRAWL. A Bulldog lost could knock them out of the playoffs. Word out of Stonega is that the Dogs have been eating RAW MEAT DYED PV BLUE all week for this epic battle. Now Admiral Phil would love to sail off to the sunset with a final victory over the Dogs, but the dogs would love to give the Admiral a VIKING FUNERAL in a LEAKING SHIP but the Admiral is a crafty OLD BUZZARD.

Lil’Leonards_Losers - Appy

Edited by Leonards_Losers

if i had thought about it, you could have done an "Election Edition" of the losers...would have been funny.

countdown begins now for Southbound and Falconman to start crying because Abingdon was not in there lol.

I can remember getting excited as a player because we would be traveling to play in Mitchell Stadium or Erine Hick's Stadium. Our coaches, community, and our dad's would make a big deal about it. The tradition that goes along with those places and the SWD. (And it was a BIG DEAL). But I guess those days are forever gone. I know nothing last forever but its going to be hard to see Grundy in the BDD......For District games travel to Sandlick or Mitchell Stadium? Travel to Garden Creek or Erine Hick's Stadium?

Leonard, First of all the people in Falcon nation are hurt and stunned by you not picking the Falcons this week. :( We are playing the Candy Canes this week. I was going to mention rivalry game, but it is not because we whip up on them so much. For it to be a rivalry, both teams should have some success against each other. :D This year the Falcons will be delivering the eggs to Marion that is goose egg 49-0! :eek:

As per last week Leonard, I want you to come out and say it- Leonard's Loser= Marion :D

if i had thought about it, you could have done an "Election Edition" of the losers...would have been funny.

countdown begins now for Southbound and Falconman to start crying because Abingdon was not in there lol.

1 hour and 3 minutes...mark.

I hate to see the end of the Grundy/Richlands games also ! No matter what happens this Friday, I want to wish the Golden Wave good luck in the playoffs ( except if they play the blues...lol ) and especially good luck in the future in their new district !

Gonna miss our games against each other !

To: Southbound

From your buddy: Percy

Marion @ Abindgon

I just wanted to hear you whine and cheese a little before I posted my prediction for this very important game for both teams. This was once a very heated rivalry game when the Breakoff District (Highlands) was together ( thought they were to good for the SWD). It was usually played like it is now, at the end of the season. What amazes me is this, 15 years later it means the same thing. Whoever wins still will be near the bottom of the district. O’ Lil Leonard never did get to play against the powers of the Breakoff District during the regular season back in his heyday. But O’Lil Leonard lined up against the Buzzard Nation once in the playoffs. Two minutes into the third quarter the old ball coach pulled him and all of the starters out because the score was so lop sided (it was really a bad night for the Buzzards). The Candy Canes can run the ball and might be just a little more physical than those dirty Buzzards from Vineyard Avenue. However, those Buzzards do use their leathering wings to throw the pigskin around. I’m sure the Cracked Candy Canes will be up for a fight and I’m sure they will scatter a couple of boxes of Buzzard-7 around the parking lot (You know that Buzzards will eat anything). I just hope the BuzzardNation can live with losing to the Canes. I hope Southbound likes those Blueberry Candy Canes that K-Mart sells for his x-mas tree. Because those peppermint ones will remind him of the night that the Big Rock Candy Mountain Boys decorated the Buzzards Nest RED and WHITE. Even though we know the Cracked Candy Caneshave suffered several injuries and defections we’re going out on a limb because cousins Gaylen and Faylen are mad at us. They did not save us any squirrel gravy and catheads (biscuits for you city folks) last week for pickin’ the Buzzards to beat Graham.

Lil’Leonards_Loser – THE BUZZARDS

To: Southbound

From your buddy: Percy

Marion @ Abindgon

I just wanted to hear you whine and cheese a little before I posted my prediction for this very important game for both teams. This was once a very heated rivalry game when the Breakoff District (Highlands) was together ( thought they were to good for the SWD). It was usually played like it is now, at the end of the season. What amazes me is this, 15 years later it means the same thing. Whoever wins still will be near the bottom of the district. O’ Lil Leonard never did get to play against the powers of the Breakoff District during the regular season back in his heyday. But O’Lil Leonard lined up against the Buzzard Nation once in the playoffs. Two minutes into the third quarter the old ball coach pulled him and all of the starters out because the score was so lop sided (it was really a bad night for the Buzzards). The Candy Canes can run the ball and might be just a little more physical than those dirty Buzzards from Vineyard Avenue. However, those Buzzards do use their leathering wings to throw the pigskin around. I’m sure the Cracked Candy Canes will be up for a fight and I’m sure they will scatter a couple of boxes of Buzzard-7 around the parking lot (You know that Buzzards will eat anything). I just hope the BuzzardNation can live with losing to the Canes. I hope Southbound likes those Blueberry Candy Canes that K-Mart sells for his x-mas tree. Because those peppermint ones will remind him of the night that the Big Rock Candy Mountain Boys decorated the Buzzards Nest RED and WHITE. Even though we know the Cracked Candy Caneshave suffered several injuries and defections we’re going out on a limb because cousins Gaylen and Faylen are mad at us. They did not save us any squirrel gravy and catheads (biscuits for you city folks) last week for pickin’ the Buzzards to beat Graham.

Lil’Leonards_Loser – THE BUZZARDS

This is a flat out joke! You must be out your mind if you think the Candy Canes will beat the Falcons. I know this reminds you of "Coming to America". Well let me invite you Percy to come on out to the big city tomorrow night and watch the Falcons. I will meet you at Bella's if you want-can't drink a beer with you there but my dad will. He may bring you a nice bottle of wine & some cheese of your choice. PM me and let me know your plans for tomorrow night. Do you like Falconman? I can introduce you to him & his posse. The girls love him!

This is a flat out joke! You must be out your mind if you think the Candy Canes will beat the Falcons. I know this reminds you of "Coming to America". Well let me invite you Percy to come on out to the big city tomorrow night and watch the Falcons. I will meet you at Bella's if you want-can't drink a beer with you there but my dad will. He may bring you a nice bottle of wine & some cheese of your choice. PM me and let me know your plans for tomorrow night. Do you like Falconman? I can introduce you to him & his posse. The girls love him!

lol...you two remind me of those guys at Night at the Roxbury

Leonard & Percy, I wouldn't go. Southbound's Dad would probably serve you Food Club cheese and crackers, Wal-Mart Brand tuna and wash it all down with Billy Beer saved over from the Jimmy Carter administration and finish it off with an after dinner wine from the Longhorn Pete wine list.