Gate City vs Honaker

gcdevils47

Can Honaker pull the upset?

Congrats to Coach Hubbard and Honaker . Powell Valley and Gate City would have been a boring game. Good to see a different team in the regions this year. Gate City should win this one by 2 to 4 tds imo.

Yessir, don't get intimidated by us just because of our record and what not. Remember you all beat us in basketball last year. haha it can happen again

man no doubt u all have a great team.when u hold richlands to 3 in the half is enough for me to realize that honaker will have a plate full.that schedule( record) ur talkin about was a tuff one .but i guess thats why we play and 2 teams always matchup diffrent.i just hoping its one of those deals where we can match enough to keep the game interesting and fun.win or lose i hope both teams can all come offf the field healthy and be proud to make it as far as we did.this position seems like strange grounds to us.been a while .i guess 2002 was the last time we went to round 2.

man no doubt u all have a great team.when u hold richlands to 3 in the half is enough for me to realize that honaker will have a plate full.that schedule( record) ur talkin about was a tuff one .but i guess thats why we play and 2 teams always matchup diffrent.i just hoping its one of those deals where we can match enough to keep the game interesting and fun.win or lose i hope both teams can all come offf the field healthy and be proud to make it as far as we did.this position seems like strange grounds to us.been a while .i guess 2002 was the last time we went to round 2.

Stranger things have happened, I hope you all do make the game interesting, i havent saw that many interesting games with us this year. I want them to get a challenge because if we beat you that will give us experience in overcoming adversity. which we did beat Sullivan South by 3 at their place. Should be a good game

If we don't score then I'm leaving early. hahaha

I hit the gate city score last week............This week I'm saying 35-7 Blue Devils. Honaker will ***NOT*** run the football on Gate City, and will *NOT* stop Gate City from running the ball.

Solid win vs PV saturday though. Congrats on that.

How many of those 21 points that Honaker scored against Richlands were against the 1st. string. I believe,up until last Friday,that was the most all season. I'm not predicting an upset but it's an interesting note between the GC score and the Honaker score.

The one big lineman that Honaker has is pretty good but a little slow. He gets his big mitts on you, the play is over for you. The Tigers were healthy for the last couple of games and played pretty decent. I think if they come out with the the "GC train horn" in their head it's going to be a long day.

At least it isn't at GC and you don't actually hear the train horn.

Good Luck Tigers!!

I wish we could bring the horn..... haha

It seem to be very popular, a lot of posters talk about "the horn". LOL

I read one of the Coeburn fans got a little mad and came up and blowed one of those little airhorn in the guys ear who toots the GC horn.

How many of those 21 points that Honaker scored against Richlands were against the 1st. string. I believe,up until last Friday,that was the most all season. I'm not predicting an upset but it's an interesting note between the GC score and the Honaker score.

The one big lineman that Honaker has is pretty good but a little slow. He gets his big mitts on you, the play is over for you. The Tigers were healthy for the last couple of games and played pretty decent. I think if they come out with the the "GC train horn" in their head it's going to be a long day.

At least it isn't at GC and you don't actually hear the train horn.

Good Luck Tigers!!

14 of those points came aginst the 1st string. The first was on a busted coverage and the second happened as a hard rain started falling.

It seem to be very popular, a lot of posters talk about "the horn". LOL

I read one of the Coeburn fans got a little mad and came up and blowed one of those little airhorn in the guys ear whom does the train horn.

HAHA yeah i think that actually happened, i bet as soon as he did it that the guy blew an airhorn right back and the train horn.

But hey, it isn't our fault Coeburn sucks at football. If they played a little better then maybe that horn wouldn't go off so much. I don't really ever down peoples teams but Coeburn has near the same amount of students as Gate City and they play in the Cumberland District, which means they should walk into the playoffs every year against teams like twin springs, ervinton, rye cove, st. paul, etc

Youre kinda right about Coeburn. They have around 400 students and GC has about 600 so there is some difference but they still should roll everyone in the Cumberland.

The horn does piss opposing fans off, its loud and serves no real point other than to be annoying! But I dont like small air horns, cowbells or any other kind of noise maker either. God gave fans a set of hands and lungs, use 'em

Edited by redtiger

14 of those points came aginst the 1st string. The first was on a busted coverage and the second happened as a hard rain started falling.

I don't know about the hard rain thing man, I don't think that had anything to do with them scoring. They had some good runs against us !

They have some good athletes and especially at RB !

The J.Honaker and Gent kid are both very good RB's. They run hard and can can break a big one on you if the line gives them any daylight at all.

IMHO, I thought their offense looked the best against our 1st D then anybody except for maybe Martinsville in the first qtr .

Not saying any team moved the ball great against the blues first string, but Honaker did about as good as anybody. I like their RB's.

...we have played Honaker GC has been pretty big favorites, and we have yet to blow them out. In 2002 GC had them at home and had been blowing everyone out and only beat them 21-6, then in 2004 GC beat them 23-21.

Now as for history, GC is 5-0-1 against the tigers, but the beforementioned games are the only ones in the modern era. They tied in 1932 0-0, in 1939 GC 25-7, and 1940 GC won 72-0, and 1942 GC won 33-0.

As you can see, very little football history between the two for 50+ years, yet Honaker in the two meeting of the 2000's have aquitted themselves very well.