I am picking Richlands

salemfootball

I may be wrong but Richlands on their field will be tough and I do not think overall , Cave is as tough as Salem was in 2005 . Cave has some great players but may lose because of tradition and toughness of Richlands. Should be a great game but I could be wrong this is a game played on a field but Cvae is better at home on turf . Cave has better players but Richlands has better team .

We have a new stadium since you were here last time. We have the new turf, as good as I have seen anywhere. Thanks for the vote of confidence. I do think we will win but it will be a good game. I am glad we have the home field this year as there's no place like home.

Cave has better players but Richlands has better team .

Not sure this is a given. While Woodrum is headed to Liberty, Cave's highest rated player is Michael Cole who is ranked 29th in the state by Rivals. Devon Johnson is ranked in the top 12 in the state for the class of 2012 and Josh Hess (2012) is receiving national attention as a lineman. I haven't seen Cave's other skill position players, but feel like this is probably the deepest and most explosive Richlands team in school history. I guess I will find out more Friday.......

Edited by parsons

Just going off of last year the speed that everyone is talking about did not hurt us the qb running up the middle hurt us. Everyone ran up the middle last year this year. With devon sharing time at lb the qb could have an early exit this year. Not saying cave is not a good team but like someone said traditionally hower ever its spelled we are big and slow not the facts this year. All they talked bout last week was the bulldogs speed our second fastes player out ran them both three times for tds so let's get it on.

Their is not a player on CS team that is faster than our fastest guys. Martinsville found out quick they were playing a different beast friday and they had enough speed to keep the score within 44 points. Don't get me wrong I do not look for this game to be that type of score. I think this will be a great football game with the blues getting the W.

Their is not a player on CS team that is faster than our fastest guys. Martinsville found out quick they were playing a different beast friday and they had enough speed to keep the score within 44 points. Don't get me wrong I do not look for this game to be that type of score. I think this will be a great football game with the blues getting the W.

I think you are correct....I can't wait to watch this matchup. I expect that Cave Spring will be underestimating Richlands because of the schedule....but Richlands wants this win in a big way...I say Richlands wins and wins convincingly.

ive been reading the Cave Spring / Richlands threads and it seems as though some people are saying CS is really fast and some blues fans are responding with "we are fast to". CS runs 2x2 with 4 fast WRs, the question then is does Richlands have 4 fast/quick DBs to match up to them. I assume the LBs will be watching the QB/HB and the safteys will be playing deep/support 12-15 yards off the ball and im sure CS will throw it deep just enough to keep them there!

The question then is not do the Blues have fast players, but 1 on 1 can they match up? Because if not it seems like CS will throw short and get their yards in small chunks and try to break big plays

Edited by redtiger

ive been reading the Cave Spring / Richlands threads and it seems as though some people are saying CS is really fast and some blues fans are responding with "we are fast to". CS runs 2x2 with 4 fast WRs, the question then is does Richlands have 4 fast DBs to match up to them. I assume the LBs will be watching the QB/HB and the safteys will be playing deep/support 12-15 yards off the ball and im sure CS will throw it deep just enough to keep them there!

The question then is not do the Blues have fast players, but 1 on 1 can they match up? Because if not it seems like CS will throw short and get their yards in small chunks and try to break big plays

You can't run very fast, when you're laying on your back.......

On which Cave Spring team shows up . I believe you can throw the Salem game out the window because Salem was shorthanded that day but Cave has shown the pattern of falling out quickly if you get on them early as Salem did last year .The Christiansburg Cave game score is misleading because that game was a 1 touchdown game until the last few minutes .

do not doubt that martinsville is quick , maybe quicker but they are nowhere near the same team as Cave Spring . Martinsville would not win a game in the River Ridge . I think probably everybody on here would agree with that but I think Richlands has a good balanced hard-nosed team that may be good enough to challenge . I would like to give a shout out for last years champion Northside . there coach is really building something and the Vikings are usually a talented bunch .

ive been reading the Cave Spring / Richlands threads and it seems as though some people are saying CS is really fast and some blues fans are responding with "we are fast to". CS runs 2x2 with 4 fast WRs, the question then is does Richlands have 4 fast/quick DBs to match up to them. I assume the LBs will be watching the QB/HB and the safteys will be playing deep/support 12-15 yards off the ball and im sure CS will throw it deep just enough to keep them there!

One on one, I dont think they have a player as fast as Strong. As far as comparison, I believe their WRs and our DBs are neck and neck in speed. I believe tackling will decide this one. Its the same way on the other side. Our WRs and their DBs are about the same. It should be, to quote Good Ole JR, a Slobber-Knocker.

brad strong is just as fast as anyone around. he roasted the martinsville boys and they were fast

Hopefully A. Johnson wont miss practice this week and gets to play. He is another speedster that can help stretch the field vertically.

I'm picking Richlands because Im supporting SWVA teams period. And because the only team that can beat Richlands this year, is Richlands. If they dont put the ball on the ground, and dont rack up a huge amount of penalties....They're bringing home a state title.

brad strong is just as fast as anyone around. he roasted the martinsville boys and they were fast

I think Martinsville has the state 100 yd champ on their team and Brad roasted them. And Brad is not our fastest player. RHS has several players that can run #8,44,4,6,1,7,16, and 11 and I'm sure there are a couple I've left out. CS is a awesome team/program. And I agree with what most are saying. This one will be decided by mistakes. And I hope the blues make the least mistakes!

I think Martinsville has the state 100 yd champ on their team and Brad roasted them. And Brad is not our fastest player. RHS has several players that can run #8,44,4,6,1,7,16, and 11 and I'm sure there are a couple I've left out. CS is a awesome team/program. And I agree with what most are saying. This one will be decided by mistakes. And I hope the blues make the least mistakes!

76 and 78 are speedsters too and dont forget the rolling thunder 67

They have 11 players running 4.8 and faster.

Hopefully A. Johnson wont miss practice this week and gets to play. He is another speedster that can help stretch the field vertically.

Word is A. Johnson will play Friday. Hope we have good weather!