Richlands @ Brookville

mv91

Dont know much about Brookville. Their only loss was to Amherst.

Heard on radio last night that their starting qb is just a sophomore but had thrown for over 2900 yds and 33 tds before last nights game.

Should be another great test for the Blues!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Qb they have is something special i mean very special he is something to watch Ive only seen him on film and as a sophmore he is better than most Sr. QBs when this kid is a Sr if he just keeps working hard and keeps his head on straight he will have his pick of schools any place he would want to go. Throws one of the best balls ive seen in high school all i can say is show up early next week and if you get a chance just watch him in warmups and you will see what im talking about.

How big are their wideouts? Will they have those big 6'6" targets like the last time we played them? I know those guys are gone but they were impossible for our corners then to cover. Our corners and safties have played great against all comers this year, but if they are huge then it is a matchup problem. Other than one blown coverage last night they kept Cole confined for the most part. Also what kind of line do they have?

How big are their wideouts? Will they have those big 6'6" targets like the last time we played them? I know those guys are gone but they were impossible for our corners then to cover. Our corners and safties have played great against all comers this year, but if they are huge then it is a matchup problem. Other than one blown coverage last night they kept Cole confined for the most part. Also what kind of line do they have?

Cole was a beast last night for sure, and you could tell why he has already signed to play at VT.

Guest cj_vt

I know Brookville has a very good running back and a good defensive tackle that already has an offer from VT and he is only a junior. Their defense must be good looking at the last two games.

Well, here we go round 3. Don't think this will be like the last time we went to Stinger Stadium (47-0). I think this will be a good football game and we will have to be on our A game every minute. With a 10th grade QB with those kind of numbers, WOW! I honestly don't know anything about Brookville but im going with my Blues regardless, Richlands 24 Brookville 21.

Where is "RICHLAND ALUM' ? I know your out there. Give us the inside track on the Bees.

Hmm.... Only way I know to describe them in any way that might be meaningful is that they're a few degrees better than Cave Spring. Blues will have to play their very best to come out on top -- and any penalty or turnover will likely be devastating no either side.

In short...about what you should expect at this level.

As those who made the trek a couple of years ago will remember, get there early. Parking's a bit of a problem there.

It's gonna be a tough game for both sides !

I'd like to see the blues line up in the power I and run the heck out of the ball ! We have a big experienced O line with a big fast tailback and a couple of big tough fullbacks that can also run the ball. I know that Mance has forgotten more football then I will ever know, but it would help to keep their O off the field and they allowed Liberty to run for over 200 yards.

Maybe our big line and backs could wear down their D after a while. We could still throw run the spread here and there to keep em honest. Also, where they play, I believe they see the spread more then most of the teams in our area.

I know that you shouldn't change what you did that got you where you are ( did that make any sense ...lol ), but the Blues have run the power I several times this year and it sure looked good against Cave, much better then the spread did for the most part.

If we can eliminate the drops and interceptions and are able to run the ball then we can win a close game.

Win and move on !

I agree BIGRHSFAN, we look very good in the power I. If the oponent has any 2-way starters in there then you also seem to punish them a little more as well. I also agree that Mance knows a heck of a lot more football than I do but I hope we do see the power I more this week. I wonder if we ever practice a play action fake out it. I have never seen us run anything. You know when they see the power I coming they must stuff the box with everything they got and then hope to stop it.

I agree BIGRHSFAN, we look very good in the power I. If the oponent has any 2-way starters in there then you also seem to punish them a little more as well. I also agree that Mance knows a heck of a lot more football than I do but I hope we do see the power I more this week. I wonder if we ever practice a play action fake out it. I have never seen us run anything. You know when they see the power I coming they must stuff the box with everything they got and then hope to stop it.

I'm sure we do have some play action in the play book, we just really have not had to use it much this year.......so far....lol

...Logan Thomas the QB at VT who will most likely start next year for the Hokies? :) no he's not there now. Neither is his cousin McCray. I would say they will be all Richlands wants yet again.

Good luck Richlands!

Logan Thomas was throwing to a 6'6" guy as well as a 6'2" wide out 2 years ago and the outcome was 47-00. We had the 5'8" corners and they just threw it over us. No way to defend that size difference. I know those guys are gone but they may have reloaded. The quarterback must have some pretty good recievers to put up his numbers. The question is are they tall?

I agree BIGRHSFAN, we look very good in the power I. If the oponent has any 2-way starters in there then you also seem to punish them a little more as well. I also agree that Mance knows a heck of a lot more football than I do but I hope we do see the power I more this week. I wonder if we ever practice a play action fake out it. I have never seen us run anything. You know when they see the power I coming they must stuff the box with everything they got and then hope to stop it.[/QUOT If we run the ball like we did against Martinsville,and CS then our passing game will work,#1 -#8 #7 #44 #32 #88 must touch the ball.

I also agree that Mance knows a heck of a lot more football than I do but I hope we do see the power I more this week. I wonder if we ever practice a play action fake out it. I have never seen us run anything.

I agree about our coaches, but still feel like they haven't got the ball in the hands of Austin Johnson enough. He is the most elusive player I've ever seen play at Richlands.

I agree about our coaches, but still feel like they haven't got the ball in the hands of Austin Johnson enough. He is the most elusive player I've ever seen play at Richlands.

Maybe pre knee injury. I still give that title to Brad Strong. He reminds me of another #1 who plays on Saturdays now...

He (A J) really is special when he's got the ball in his hands. Can score from anywhere at anytime. Devon also leads him down the field with some awsome blocks. Maybe #8 will get more touches this week.

He (A J) really is special when he's got the ball in his hands. Can score from anywhere at anytime. Devon also leads him down the field with some awsome blocks. Maybe #8 will get more touches this week.

No doubt. Strong, A Johnson, D Johnson, Overton, etc are just increadable with the ball in their hands. The game Saturday will be epic to say the least.

Thats true Ryan, we have a lot of excellent playmakers and the coaches seem to do a good job of spreading the ball to all of them. It was good to see #4 get a big catch last week as well. It makes scouting us very hard.

He looked super quick on that td run.

No doubt he is fast, but how the hell do you cramp up in cold weather? Come on, one he just plays when he wants to or two he is out of shape....

Nado do you think we might could find Bulldogs 52 a Blue R hat he looked kind of out of place the other night with that white hat with a T on it. LOL Just joking Bulldogs 52.

I would still wear my T hat, I went to all three state games with Nado and still wore my Bulldog gear.....