Richlands @ Brookville

mv91

I think he ran the ball around 25 times last week for 150-160 yds (I think). I think he needs 25-30 touches this week. Slow the game down alittle and keep the ball out of Becrafts hands.

I agree that 44 should touch the ball 20+ times. I also think it would be sweet to see 44 as fullback with 8 behind him this week a couple of times. Then use some play action to 1 and 11 or even 4. I hope we show multiple sets and a variety of plays to keep BV guessing. If we don't turnover the ball and play solid D I think the Blues win.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that 44 should touch the ball 20+ times. I also think it would be sweet to see 44 as fullback with 8 behind him this week a couple of times. Then use some play action to 1 and 11 or even 4. I hope we show multiple sets and a variety of plays to keep BV guessing. If we don't turnover the ball and play solid D I think the Blues win.

I believe we have already tried that formation and it didn't work out to well. Remember , Bassett.........

I think we will have trouble with thier speed everywhere but we have enough speed to deal with it. I hope we have a slight edge with the strength of the lines and this makes a wash for the edge to them for speed. I think this is a very close game on paper and it will come down to turnovers and execution. We have a senior laden team and this should be where the seniors will make a difference. They have been there and done that so I think overall we should have less mental breakdowns. Our offense struggled last week and that also may play to our advantage as they learned that they don't have to be perfect to win. I think they will be much looser and play our kind of ball this week, attack the entire field.

Richlands 42--Brookville 33

I understand they have a couple of really good D-lineman.

I believe we have already tried that formation and it didn't work out to well. Remember , Bassett.........

Was not at that game. I know it worked Last year at CS. I was thinking of ways to get our fastest player the ball more. The more we show them the more they will have to think about. I just hope we play smart and without TO. Don't care what we run as long as we get the W!

They do ! 1 is being recruited by VAtech and several other D1 schools. Both their O & D lines have good size and are talented.

It will be the toughest game so far for our O line, but I think they are up to it. We have size and experience also ! Our lines may not win every battle, but need to win the majority of them. They cannot allow them to stay in our backfield all day.

Mannnn, this could be another classic ! A lot of talent on both sides of the ball !

Yea, I read about a couple of those guys and it worries me a little. If they can get the better of our O-line it could be a long night. Our O-line is good but they take plays off sometimes. I hope they come out and play hard all game long.

Our O-line is good but they take plays off sometimes.

Oh, really? What makes you think that?

I was going to ask him the same thing yes lockhart has been getting a little more pressure put on him but it is because the D is sending guys at him because they know that if he is given time he will find the open guy.

Our O-line is good but they take plays off sometimes.

Oh, really? What makes you think that?

I have watched them all year against much smaller and outmaned lines, and sometimes they just don't bring the same intensity every play. I know sometimes you rest on the field a little, but with the level of competition now we can't afford to have them ease up at all. It appears that this is probably the best defensive line we will face and a couple of plays off from anybody may cost us the game. I am not knocking the O-line at all as they have been stellar all year but you can't tell me you have not seen them just take plays off now and then. Sometimes because we were up by 40, and sometimes when the game has been close, but they have done it. I personally think that the O-line is the most important part of any offense. If they don't get it done you can not win consistently. They are the heart and soul of every good offense. I think our guys will get it done or I would not pick the blues to win.

I for one have not seen anyone taking time off so to speak, and you have to understand "O"line play is not as simple as it once was, and I have seen some confusion from time to time on blocking schemes. That may be what you saw which may have looked like someone was slouching, but a missed blocking asignment can make you look bad no doubt, and if you miss to many the opposition will take advantage of it.

This will be an endurance test for both teams on the line. The trenches, and what goes on there will mean a lot to the outcome of the game. You ask the line coach of either team and he will tell you, it's going to be tough, it always is at this level.

I think its mental also if any of you where there 2 yrs ago standing line to get in the gate when the team got off the bus they where beat then. You could hear a pin drop no hype in anyone. They are full of sr that have done it all but win state so I think it will be ok. No one wants to say it but just by the out come of regular season games close game with northside wich beat cs by 2 tds and the one team they lost to salem beat ill not be scared to say what a lot feel deep down inside blues by 2+.

Talked to someone who saw Brookville on film and they didn't appear to be as fast as advertised. Was told that they didn't appear to be as quick as Cave Springs, and their QB put a lot of air under his passes. I know you can hear everything, but I still feel the Blues will be primed for this game. I know how determined the Blues were for revenge last week and this week the seniors remember their last trip to the Bee Hive, so I'm thinking the Blues win by a score of 35 to 28.;)

I think turnovers and penalties will be the deciding factor in this game.If Richlands plays their game without these I give them the edge. The Bees are a very good team that will match up very well so everybody has to play smart and execute on their assignments.

Would really like to see #8 in the backfield more. A couple of screen passes would go a long ways with keeping pressure off Lockhart.

Congrats to both RHS and BHS for a outstanding year.

Both teams and fans have been here before......... so us all act like it !!

Win or lose , do it with class !! Just like Cave Spring did last week. Hats off to them also !

Edited by NOCOUNTMULE

Talked to someone who saw Brookville on film and they didn't appear to be as fast as advertised. Was told that they didn't appear to be as quick as Cave Springs, and their QB put a lot of air under his passes. I know you can hear everything, but I still feel the Blues will be primed for this game. I know how determined the Blues were for revenge last week and this week the seniors remember their last trip to the Bee Hive, so I'm thinking the Blues win by a score of 35 to 28.;)

I talked with someone who saw the films and He told me the same thing. He added that the DB's did not like contact. If this is true they will love DEVON! I guess we will find out on Saturday. I hope for a good game where the refs have nothing to do with the outcome. I read Liberty got it bad. You can see it on Roanokes game of the week as well. LB's coach went crazy. The paper said LB scored on a fumble and was lined up to kick x-tra point when the refs had a talk and decided it was not a TD. That turned the entire game around. I hope nothing like that happens this week for both teams. I hope for a well played tough nosed game with everything decided on the field. Best of luck to both teams. Go Big Blue!!!!!

Lets say Bluefield played Pikeview in the state football playoffs. The game was highly competitive only to be decided in the last minute when Bluefield intercepts a pass near the Pikeview sideline. The kids from Bluefield near the play celebrate accordingly knowing that victory is assured. The receiver from Pikeview in disgust thinking he is being taunted gets up and pushes a kid from Bluefield. The kid from Bluefield pushes back. Seniors from Pikeview on the sideline knowing that their season and careers are over, and having no love for Bluefield storm the field and begin brawling with the Bluefield players. Bluefield offense alreaded headed to the field to take a knee and run the clock out see this and rush to the defense of their teammates. It takes security guards and police to break up the fight. Officials announce the ejection of SEVERAL players to both coaches. The coaches agree to end the game at this point and everyone leaves the field.

Days later you receive word from WVSSAC that SOME more players from Bluefield have been determined to have participated in the fight and thus will have to sit out the next game.

You are a teammate: Would you have let your teammates absorbed a beating while you watched?

You are Freddy Simon: You feel that Pikeview taunted your players and played dirty all game and started the fight hoping to disqualify some of your players from advancing. You also feel that proper procedures for their ejection were not followed. Knowing that the SSAC has NO APPEAL PROCESS, do you seek due process in the court system.

You are the SSAC: You view the video tape and see numerous people involved in the fight, do you make suspension based on what you see in the video tape? Is it conclusive, can you see numbers, can you tell if people where fight or trying to break up a fight.

You are Bluefields next opponent: YOu lose to them. Do you appeal the loss, feeling that Bluefield used inelgible players.

If you are not a fan of Bluefield insert you hometown team in their place.

It is easy to look from outside and make a judgement call that doesnt affect you or your team. Put yourself in the shoes of the players and or coach and school, and consider what the circumstances may or may not have been and think what you would want done.

To my knowledge, no one who posts on here was at the game or knows all the facts.

Ill sit back and enjoy the responses: FLAME AWAY