Gate City vs Radford

gcdevils47

First off I want to say hats off to Honaker for playing as hard as they could till the final whistle blew.

Next week, Gate City will travel to Radford.

Do they have any players we should watch out for? Is Radford a speed team or a power football team? And what are the best games they have played this year?

And finally what is your prediction for the game.

First off I want to say hats off to Honaker for playing as hard as they could till the final whistle blew.

Next week, Gate City will travel to Radford.

Do they have any players we should watch out for? Is Radford a speed team or a power football team? And what are the best games they have played this year?

And finally what is your prediction for the game.

thanks ,u guys have a great team and wish it could have been a better game ,but we just didnt have the strength ,quickness,or depth.good luck as u head north.

thanks ,u guys have a great team and wish it could have been a better game ,but we just didnt have the strength ,quickness,or depth.good luck as u head north.

Its alright man, you all will get better and hopefully we'll meet again. And thanks, we need all the support we can get

Edited by gcdevils47

Its alright man, you all will get better and hopefully will meet again. And thanks, we need all the support we can get

Congrats on a good win today GC !! Good luck in your game with Raford next week ! I'll be a Blue devil fan as well as a Blue Tornado fan !!

Congrats on a good win today GC !! Good luck in your game with Raford next week ! I'll be a Blue devil fan as well as a Blue Tornado fan !!

Thank you!! Im pulling for you guys and Clintwood hard. show them NOVA teams how its done

Thank you!! Im pulling for you guys and Clintwood hard. show them NOVA teams how its done

Almost forgot about Clintwood..... ! Congrats to them for their big win also !

Nothing would be better then to see all three teams come back home with state championships !!

..they just didn't have the team speed to deal with GC. The secondary had a hard time tackling GC's backs. They played hard and are pretty good at what they do, GC was just too good today.

if they had the speed we have with that size they have they would be one great team.

As a Floyd fan, my take on Radford is this. They have 2 very fast RBs. Carter the Qb is also very fast. Their passing game is average at best IMO. They were 2-10 for 3 yards against Chilhowie. Radford hurts you with their speed making big plays. They do have a good defense. If they can simply focus on the run , then they will be very hard to run against.

Radford lost at the state final last year and lost some really good guys upfront. I have not seen GC play but I imagine they may be better in the trenches. Chilhowe really made it hard for Radford to run the ball. That being said Radford's D should keep them in the game. 21-7 GC

I was at Chilhowie - Radford game and Chilhowie's defense played well enough to win. I think GC should have no problem shutting down Carter and I believe GC's offense should be ok. I will say though Radford shut down Chilhowie's rushing attack. Wind may have played a factor in both teams passing but I think GC has too many options to be shut down. Good Luck Devils as well as Richlands and Clintwood.

GC is hard to key on, 2 RBs that are their primary backs with a FB and another WB/RB that they add in to mix things up. Altogether a very versitile but power based running game. They didnt pass the ball much against Honaker, didnt need to but when they did their QB was spot on accurate. They have a very well laid out offense

Speaking of Gate City, will anyone play a harder out of conference schedule next year?

@ Richlands (undefeated and still playing)

Harlan County (just a 5A Kentucky team that was region champs this year)

@ Sullivan South (a 5A Tennessee school)

Bluefield (finished 11-2 this year and lost in state semi-finals)

@ Powell Valley (not a good year this year, but normally pretty stout)

@ Clintwood (undefeated and still playing)

Those 6 schools had a combined record of 59-16 this year. All 6 teams made the playoffs, 4 were region champs, and 2 teams are still playing.

Nice!

Speaking of Gate City, will anyone play a harder out of conference schedule next year?

@ Richlands (undefeated and still playing)

Harlan County (just a 5A Kentucky team that was region champs this year)

@ Sullivan South (a 5A Tennessee school)

Bluefield (finished 11-2 this year and lost in state semi-finals)

@ Powell Valley (not a good year this year, but normally pretty stout)

@ Clintwood (undefeated and still playing)

Those 6 schools had a combined record of 59-16 this year. All 6 teams made the playoffs, 4 were region champs, and 2 teams are still playing.

Nice!

We will be lucky to be above .500 next year with that schedule.