Do all you braggers believe in Carma now.

Gizmo777

I don't hear anybody complaining about the 2 TD's they called back on Poqouson it shouldn't have been as close as it was.Richland just got beat by a better team.

Yes Richlands got beat, and Poqouson had a very good team. In IMO Richlands beat themselves the officals were bad but I beleave they were only looking for a few calls and when they seen or thought they saw one they threw the flag. The reason I am thinking this is why eles would the white cap not have seen Johnson get his head jurked around by the fase mask on the last play of the first half but the same offical seamed to see holding calls very often. He was out in the flat and everone in the stadium seen the fase mask get pulled but no call was made. The two TDs called back on Poqouson the one for PI was a push off and a pick at the same time everone sall it and the offical made the right call. The second Td called back I think was on either a hold or a motion call I cant rember. I will geve Poqouson a lot of credit they had a great D and they one the game but I would not say it shouldn't have been as close as it was by the way were you even at the game?

I heard that Mance has already heard of this "Karma" problem, and to fix it, he has recruited a new transfer from England....this should show people the long reach that this program has for bringing in great players and the determination they have for bringing home State next year...there will be no "Karma" problems next year with this guy on the sidelines...

Culture-Club-Karma-Chameleon-318622.jpg

of course I am kidding here, Boy George is probably in jail somewhere.

That's just to funny! Wrong on so many levels. But funny. Thanks I needed that!

Richlands Got Beat. THey are not the state champions. Quit blaming officiating. Get out the basketballs. Admit defeat and show some class.

exactly.. coulda, shoulda, woulda's isn't gonna chance the outcome of a game played yesterday. They played a team that was as good as they were and came out on the short side. You can't blame the ref's for this loss when just about every Richlands game I've listened to this year they've had around 100+ yards of penalties. I think in the Tazewell game they might've even had 150+. Why can't people come to terms with the fact that Richlands really does commit those penalties?? I don't think any ref has the balls to pentalize a team a 100 yards for something that never happened.

Penalties are something that should be taken care of after the first few games! Richlands never stopped getting them and it finally caught up with them.

exactly.. coulda, shoulda, woulda's isn't gonna chance the outcome of a game played yesterday. They played a team that was as good as they were and came out on the short side. You can't blame the ref's for this loss when just about every Richlands game I've listened to this year they've had around 100+ yards of penalties. I think in the Tazewell game they might've even had 150+. Why can't people come to terms with the fact that Richlands really does commit those penalties?? I don't think any ref has the balls to pentalize a team a 100 yards for something that never happened.

Penalties are something that should be taken care of after the first few games! Richlands never stopped getting them and it finally caught up with them.

I've got the game tape. I will make you a copy and let you decide for yourself how bad the refs were. Some of the penalties were legit others not so much. As for Poqouson's two called back TDs, one penalty was justified (pick on the TD pass) and the other (holding on the TD run) I didn't see or could find a hold on that play. As for Richlands, the interference calls and the one holding call on the last drive were also horrible calls. But unfortunately ref sometimes make themselves part of the game and the teams must overcome especially when playing a team the caliber of Poqouson.

I was at the game, and I always try to look at things as impartially as possible. I know Richlands always has a ton of penalties, and I said going into the game that penalties would make or break us...and they did. Most of the penalties that were called against us were well deserved. However, the only one I have a real gripe with was the last PI call on us where our defender, Fajardo, was 2 steps in front of the receiver going down the side line. The pass was high, and Fajardo leaped to make a play, but it was out of his reach. If there was any contact on the play at all it was from the receiver pushing Fajardo in the back. I thought it was an easy no call...but when I saw the flag I thought "Oh, I guess its offensive PI". I was completely shocked when it went the other way. Did I see this correctly, or did I miss something? Someone please tell me if I am mistaken.

If I'm not mistake, the incomplete pass would have made it 4th and long, but instead they ended up getting a 1st down, and then scored a couple plays later.

I'm not going to say anything about the holding calls, because I obviously cant keep an eye on the entire field at one time, so its easy for a fan to miss some holding calls. I know I saw Poquoson holding our guys, but again holding calls are missed all the time, because it is just unrealistic to expect the refs to keep an eye on every player at all times. But on a side note...does anyone else think that 10 yards is a steep penalty for holding? I think 5 yards would be sufficient...especially for a penalty that is such a judgment call, and can supposedly be called on every play. But that just something I've always thought. LOL

Now about the two TD's that Poquoson had called back. The offensive PI call happened directly in front of me, and it was definitely legit, it would have been a travesty if it hadn't been called. The other one I cant really remember...wasn't it a procedure penalty? Pretty black and white call...but again I cant remember it, and I don't think I saw it.

With all that being said: These teams couldn't have been more evenly matched. You cant really say the refs caused Richlands to lose, but they honestly changed the chain of events in the final quarter, so who knows what would have happened. Poquoson was the real deal, and they deserved to win that game. They were well disciplined and fundamentally sound. I had heard about how hard they could hit, and I honestly thought that they may be exaggerated somewhat, but they put those doubts to rest on the opening kick-off. I honestly feel that the 2 best Division 3 teams played yesterday, and the game could have went either way. Poquoson was the better team yesterday, but I think it is hard to say one team was head and shoulders over the other.

I don't hear anybody complaining about the 2 TD's they called back on Poqouson it shouldn't have been as close as it was.Richland just got beat by a better team.

i agree with this .yes officiating was not perfect for either team.the better team won.i will say i did like the class of coach mance after this game .he just simply said we beat ourselves.never heard him say anything about the refs or calls .i think a few should follow hid lead,because its all said and done.

Edited by fridaynightfun

You offensive coordinator deserves a raise. He threw everything but the kitchen sink at us and it was all good. As for the refs, well what can I say? We got 12 points wiped out so quick that when we scored later I would not believe it until I saw it on the scoreboard. There was so much holding (on both sides) that for a minute I thought we were at the senior prom instead of a football game. The refs definitely made a difference in your last drive in the 4th quarter but I really think that by that time fatigue and other emotions started to work their way in. This again was on both sides. I know that P-Town Proud has made some Richland friends and I am now a big Blues fan. I will be watching you guys from afar and I wish you much success in the future. Come on over to the coast and see us sometime. We'd love to show you around Poquoson. Should take about 10 minutes and then we can talk more football!!

You offensive coordinator deserves a raise. He threw everything but the kitchen sink at us and it was all good. As for the refs, well what can I say? We got 12 points wiped out so quick that when we scored later I would not believe it until I saw it on the scoreboard. There was so much holding (on both sides) that for a minute I thought we were at the senior prom instead of a football game. The refs definitely made a difference in your last drive in the 4th quarter but I really think that by that time fatigue and other emotions started to work their way in. This again was on both sides. I know that P-Town Proud has made some Richland friends and I am now a big Blues fan. I will be watching you guys from afar and I wish you much success in the future. Come on over to the coast and see us sometime. We'd love to show you around Poquoson. Should take about 10 minutes and then we can talk more football!!

hey p-town pride you should check out the thread State Championship where they are talking bad about me lol.

That's the point I was trying to make not that threfs where out to get the blues just made calls that they where out of place on and anyone that's ever helped or ref anything knows you do not call ot if you don't see the whole thing. We need college refs for the state games.

hey p-town pride you should check out the thread State Championship where they are talking bad about me lol.

Still say you need to get your fan's to invest in a Bull's head for you to wear. With that you would have been comical and taken as a joke, without it was as thou you were trying to taunt somebody. Seriously their are some mean old cus's here in these mountians and it's not very smart as it was.

Don't see mascots down here but would bet we could get a collection together for old Bulldog52 and get him a outfit if he would come over on the Richlands side, we have many who would like to throw something at him.

Still say you need to get your fan's to invest in a Bull's head for you to wear. With that you would have been comical and taken as a joke, without it was as thou you were trying to taunt somebody. Seriously their are some mean old cus's here in these mountians and it's not very smart as it was.

Don't see mascots down here but would bet we could get a collection together for old Bulldog52 and get him a outfit if he would come over on the Richlands side, we have many who would like to throw something at him.

the school does have a mascot outfit, i was the mascot when i was a freshman and sophomore, but as i grew to 6'8" junior year i couldnt fit in it anymore, or trust me i would have worn that suit all game. and yes as the mascot i got stuff thrown at me all the time, even from my own classmates.

Hey guys,

On a very serious note, One of the Poq kids was badly injured in our game. He has been in ICU with a torn pancreas and is having a really tough time .

His name is Austin Turner and was the freshman receiver that was sandwiched between our 2 guys.

I know that as Blues fans we are hurting over losing the game, but I hope you will do as I am and keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers !

He is a high school kid and I hate to see any kid from any team get hurt, much less an injury such as this.

So please keep him in you prayers !

Edited by Bigrhsfan