Patrick Henry

Warriors_XO

Patrick Henry i beleive has been misjudged and oppressed over the recent years. Mike Compton has been the reason! he has no coaching morals he is constantly yelling and saying they are horrible! Positive feedback gets positive results! 2 years ago they had a stout runningback a redhead (Does anyone know his name?) that could flatout fly! but through rumors he quit because of coach Compton!!!! if coach compton runs off star players that means he cant connect with the kids!!!!!!! He was the worst hire in PH history! On another note he has less than 20 kids go to practice for him! out of 500 kids he cant manage to get more than 20 kids? he is joke and a pitiful excuse for a coach he shouldve left along time ago!!!!!!!!!

Good grief. How many football programs have you been around? I don't know of many football coaches that don't yell. You obviously don't watch many football games either. Football is a game of emotions and that's the way it is. Once again the "rumor" thing about kids quitting. I guess you should check the facts first. By the way, the players are the ones that have to come to practice on a daily basis and stop missing practice because they don't "feel" like it or they have "better" things to do.

People on this board amaze me. It is a good thing that some of your little "darlings" didn't play twenty years ago. They wouldn't have lasted a day. Better yet be glad the Coach Carlock didn't have them. How many of the old Graham players and teams would have been where they were at without the man. He was as tough as they come. I would doubt any of them would disagree with me.

I think that the Falcons need a shot of toughness myself. You will never see that in Abingdon and if you did, they would just run the man off.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patrick Henry i beleive has been misjudged and oppressed over the recent years. Mike Compton has been the reason! he has no coaching morals he is constantly yelling and saying they are horrible! Positive feedback gets positive results! 2 years ago they had a stout runningback a redhead (Does anyone know his name?) that could flatout fly! but through rumors he quit because of coach Compton!!!! if coach compton runs off star players that means he cant connect with the kids!!!!!!! He was the worst hire in PH history! On another note he has less than 20 kids go to practice for him! out of 500 kids he cant manage to get more than 20 kids? he is joke and a pitiful excuse for a coach he shouldve left along time ago!!!!!!!!!

I played football at PH for 4 years and 3 of them under Coach Compton. and the kid that you are talking about is tyler dotson. the reason he quit was not bc of compton but bc he was a girl when it came to football. Period end of story. PH has a lot of those and Compton or anybody cant do anything about it. We lost Because we got out played not bc we got out coached.

I played football at PH for 4 years and 3 of them under Coach Compton. and the kid that you are talking about is tyler dotson. the reason he quit was not bc of compton but bc he was a girl when it came to football. Period end of story. PH has a lot of those and Compton or anybody cant do anything about it. We lost Because we got out played not bc we got out coached.

Thank you young man for setting the record straight.

Awesome.

Ummm wrong there man i am very close with red and he told me it was because of mike. He said he thought it was crazy to play in practice (with an serious injury) but not in the game? thats all i can say

Edited by DA SHOCKER73

Ummm wrong there man i am very close with red and he told me it was because of mike. He said he thought it was crazy to play in practice (with an serious injury) but not in the game? thats all i can say

Come on man...do you really believe that? I don't doubt the kid told you that, but I seriously doubt Mike forced anyone to play or practice while seriously injured. That said, it's football, and some players play hurt better than others.

Edited by blueinbama

Was it a case where he did noncontact drills/practice but wasnt allowed to play?

Nope Redtiger. The player was limited in practice and when it come time for the game Compton held the player out so he could rest and recover for the next game which happened to be da Falcons. That would be the game that Duel Caudill played RB and ran up and down the field. Matter of fact the coaches were putting in there 2 back offense that week for the falcons when the kid showed up on Monday and quit stating that his heart just wasnt into it like he thought it would be. Personally, I think he saw how Caudill ran da ball against Bland and got scared of a little competition at that position