Patrick Henry

Warriors_XO

You really can not defend Compton and the coaches at Patrick Henry. It is up to the coaches to find something to motivate the players and community. Patrick Henry has a very supportive community and it's hard to not get a fire started there. There are always going to be peope to defend the coaches and some cases they deserved to be defended, but in this case not so much.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can say what you want about the coaches but ph keeps changing the head coach every time the community or the li angels feel unconnected but the problem is still the same. That is the community wants to win but dont want to change from old ways they are use to doing them and the kids, not all of them coul;d care less about winning or losing. they say they want to win but dont want to do the little things that it takes. u think GW, Chillhowie and any other good team doesnt have players in the weight room? C'mon Man!! the assisiants are the same that was there with Johnson. Its time for these young men to make a commitment to something and quit blaming coaches! Same with the parents. Compton could do alot for ph if the support and the commitment was there, but its not and no matter who comes in is gonna face same problems. There talkers and do-ers. Right now all Ph and community is and wants to do is talk. i wish him the best if he does resign, goodness knows hes better qualified to coach than at ph

you can say what you want about the coaches but ph keeps changing the head coach every time the community or the li angels feel unconnected but the problem is still the same. That is the community wants to win but dont want to change from old ways they are use to doing them and the kids, not all of them coul;d care less about winning or losing. they say they want to win but dont want to do the little things that it takes. u think GW, Chillhowie and any other good team doesnt have players in the weight room? C'mon Man!! the assisiants are the same that was there with Johnson. Its time for these young men to make a commitment to something and quit blaming coaches! Same with the parents. Compton could do alot for ph if the support and the commitment was there, but its not and no matter who comes in is gonna face same problems. There talkers and do-ers. Right now all Ph and community is and wants to do is talk. i wish him the best if he does resign, goodness knows hes better qualified to coach than at ph

Chilhowie finally got a weight room!??

You really can not defend Compton and the coaches at Patrick Henry. It is up to the coaches to find something to motivate the players and community. Patrick Henry has a very supportive community and it's hard to not get a fire started there. There are always going to be peope to defend the coaches and some cases they deserved to be defended, but in this case not so much.

You can say what you want vatech. Everybody knows you need to just sit there and watch the game! you talk more trash for an old lady than anybody ive ever known. Yeah, can u put anymore sorry-ass VT stickers on your car! Please!! its people like you that hurt the program cuz u wont keep your mouth shut especially when you have no clue what your talking about. Last time i checked the coaches played their last game somewhere between 89-2005> i think its about time the players started to shoulder the responsibility!! Ph has never given Compton a fair shake. you morons think that just because he won 2 superbowls as a player he was just gonna blink his eyes and ph would be the top dawg. C'mon Man!!! Everyone outside of the ph community knows you got to have players and those coaches did the most they could do with what they had or have. Compton is there everyday even on snow days with the weightroom open and u guys are to sorry to bring your lil angels out to lift. Now i see where they get it from! I bet none of you on this thread have the nerve to evn say the things u say on here to compton or to his coaches in person. The man came here to try to build a program. For all you idiots that means it takes time! your way hasnt and will not work. so why not give them or it a try?!!! I personally think compton and his coaches are wasted their time there. Most of them deserve better!! Period!!

On the other hand, last time i checked the mighty holston had a run of players that wanted to win, paid their dues and was there for 3 or 4 years. lets see how they do this year! guarenttee they will be the same holston as in the past. Im sick and tired of this thread! Compton knows what it takes to win and be successful and he had the assistant coaches working in that direction for once in who knows how long and you people are so ignorant ansd set in your ways u couldnt even see that. Face it your kids are just like you TALKERS!! not DO-ers!! Enough SAID. As long as u keep singing that same old sad song ph will always be where they are. Hey Mom, Dad and even Gran MA its time to let your kids grow up and just sit in the stands and watch!!! U people are ignorant> We have or had a guy that worked his butt off and you criticze! He cant connect with his players, total B.S. I guess Ryan Witten could connect!! This whole convo is a running joke!

3 things:

1: For somebody so sick of a thread you've posted three of the last four posts...

2: You must of got your posters wrong on the trash talking

3: Chilhowie has little if any Weight room program during school and summer.

I don't know if anyone on here is questioning Comptons knowledge of X's and O's but his relationship with his players and people around them.

Edited by vatech

3 things:

1: For somebody so sick of a thread you've posted three of the last four posts...

2: You must of got your posters wrong on the trash talking

3: Chilhowie has little if any Weight room program during school and summer.

I don't know if anyone on here is questioning Comptons knowledge of X's and O's but his relationship with his players and people around them.

There's no doubt he knows football. That doesn't always translate into being a good coach.

Guest Highlanders

PH should consider looking at former Pulaski County coach Jack Turner to lead the Rebels.

Heard last night compton resigned and its pending board approval before they post the job. If someone like palmer comes in and can relate to the kids and teach the oline how to block, they should be competitive.

Ironically... wasn't Compton an OLine guy?

Offensive line at the college/pro level is a completly different animal than oline at the high school level.

Clearly, as a player, this is true.

As a coach, he should have been able to teach fundamentals about offensive line blocking schemes and technique that would work at any level. It was his profession, after all.

Heard last night compton resigned and its pending board approval before they post the job. If someone like palmer comes in and can relate to the kids and teach the oline how to block, they should be competitive.

He did resign. I graduated from PH many, many years ago and I've seen coaches come and watched them go. I think the next hire is important and I just dont see Palmer being the one. Since the rumors started his name has came up in conversation and not too many good things came up. Like I said we need coach not here today, gone tomorrow type of guy. I have a future football player for ph, some of us are waiting to see who is hired before we send them to high school.

He did resign. I graduated from PH many, many years ago and I've seen coaches come and watched them go. I think the next hire is important and I just dont see Palmer being the one. Since the rumors started his name has came up in conversation and not too many good things came up. Like I said we need coach not here today, gone tomorrow type of guy. I have a future football player for ph, some of us are waiting to see who is hired before we send them to high school.

Otherwise you're just going to home school them?

I say bring them to Chilhowie. We don't know who our next coach will be or if we even need a new one but our last decade of football has made any potential taker of our job one that deserves to be legitimate.

And if your kid can kick a football, I'll drive him to school everyday.

Otherwise you're just going to home school them?

I say bring them to Chilhowie. We don't know who our next coach will be or if we even need a new one but our last decade of football has made any potential taker of our job one that deserves to be legitimate.

And if your kid can kick a football, I'll drive him to school everyday.

Lol hot a kicker but a fine player. I'd be lying if I havent thought of Chilhowie, so who knows. God I cant believe I said that used to hate you guys. lol

Edited by face-n-dacrowd

Lol hot a kicker but a fine player. I'd be lying if I havent thought of Chilhowie, so who knows. God I cant believe I said that used to hate you guys. lol

You like us better than Holston though right? lol We're good neighbors.

Alot of coaches that played college ball try to teach college technique and in alot of cases that just doesent apply, espicially on the Oline. College Oline tech applies to guys that are 6'4" and 310lbs not 5'10" and 220lbs, there is a huge difference there.

Alot of coaches that played college ball try to teach college technique and in alot of cases that just doesent apply, espicially on the Oline. College Oline tech applies to guys that are 6'4" and 310lbs not 5'10" and 220lbs, there is a huge difference there.

It's not that different. Fundamentals are the same. There are a lot of schools, especially in the Hogo, who have no fundamental line blocking skill. No matter the size, the goal and objective remains the same. Compton excelled in high school, he has plenty of know-how to teach the youngsters. I just don't think he is able to connect with them.

You are sincerely lacking in knowledge about what you are talking about. Palmer is not a "here today, gone tomorrow" guy. He spent 8 years as head coach of Ervinton, 2nd smallest football playing school in the state. He has spent 8 years at the helm of St. Paul, first smallest football playing school in this state. Both schools have their struggles, especially with numbers. That would present huge amounts of stress and issues not associated with larger schools. How is that comparable to one who doesn't stick around?

You are sincerely lacking in knowledge about what you are talking about. Palmer is not a "here today, gone tomorrow" guy. He spent 8 years as head coach of Ervinton, 2nd smallest football playing school in the state. He has spent 8 years at the helm of St. Paul, first smallest football playing school in this state. Both schools have their struggles, especially with numbers. That would present huge amounts of stress and issues not associated with larger schools. How is that comparable to one who doesn't stick around?

Sounds like this guy likes projects and Patrick Henry is a BIG one.

That is for sure. lol Never will be in that red color or navy blue with a bird on it. lol

Holston feels the same about you; however, we did have transfer from Patrick Henry a couple of years ago that seem to work out just fine for us. I think the name Eric Medford may come to mind? LOL Is there anyone else interested in the job rather than Palmer?

I work with all county schools and I'm pretty sure Mr. Palmer has applied for every job, yet pulls his name out or doesn't get hired. I think there is more than meets the eye with him. Why is he always trying to leave St. Paul?