• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lloyd is livid.

understatement.

I like Lloyd but it ain't the refs

Lloyd has seen more high school basketball than most...if he says it's bad refs...that's good enough for me.

They got beat cause the got out hustled and didn't play no defense...refs missed a few both ways but didn't change the game

sounds like turnovers killed them as well...20+ i think Lloyd said...not saying it was all the refs...just saying Lloyd is upset as bad as i have ever heard him about the refs. I'm just listening so i dont know lol.

Partial Hurley scoring

Waynick - 19 points (15 rebounds)

T. Cooper - 15

A. Cooper - 18

21 turnovers for Hurley (Page scored 18 points on TO's)

Foul shooting

Page - 15 of 26

Hurley - 9 of 11

Coach Cooper can look around the locker room today and no one thing for sure. The starters on this team and from what I understand most if not all of the team will be returning next year..............and that is a huge positive for Hurley fans!

Sounds to me like an all Page County finals could have been on the mind of the officials there toward the end of the game. If that is the case, it is a shame that the game was decided by poor officiating. From what Lloyd was saying on the radio, the officials took over with about 3 minutes to go.

The first time Council lost in the finals, they had everybody back the following year and we all know what they did. 2001 State Champs!

Next season, the Rebels will be a force to be reckon with!!! The Rebels return their entire starting five, which include their top three scorers in the Coopers and Dustin Waynick. I expect BIG things from the Rebels next year. Also the Rebels could possibly have two players reach the 1000 point mark next season. Both Dustin & Austin are over the 900 point mark as of right now. If my numbers are right Austin has 931 and Dustin has 920. Wouldn't it be awesome if they could both score their 1000th point in the same night. I just hope it isn't on the road, it would be awesome to do it at HHS!!!

Hurley did not play there best, but they gave it their all and still had a chance with 3 minutes left. So even if the rebels didnt play their best there is still no reason to let poor calls decide the outcome, because even if the rebels came out and couldnt miss the refs left them with no chance no matter what they did. So yes they may have got outplayed but they still had a chance to win and the refs were terrible no questions about austin got mugged twice on one play and nothing then tyler runs by a player with no contact at all and they call him for a foul. Basically when hurley got close within the last 4 or 5 minutes it was a foul no matter if they even touched them at all. So overall rebels be proud and learn from it but the refs tonight should not be allowed to do a tourny of this magnitude due to their poor, no pitiful performance tonight. Good Luck Next Year Rebels and Congrats!!!

20 some turnovers and still should have won the game.its ok boys we will be back next year in full force with a vengence,you can count on that, we werent on our game tonight but we shouldnt have lost, this was a page county and ref decided game.they wanted page to win and they did. our boys saw how refs was doing them and just got so aggravated that they couldnt concentrate on what they needed to do, they were in shock from the poor called 4th quarter, the rest of game was called pretty good but 4th really sucked.cant wait till next year. going to be a different story.keep your heads up boys and keep diggin.

its hard as heck to win up there they may as well called us a bunch of hicks i watched it on gameday magazine it was the worst officiated game i have ever sall in my life that game was decided from the start they knowen who they wanted to win people can say whatever they want on here but the rebels got cheated out of that game .. now lets hear everyone say we are a bunch of cry babies get it out of your systems but they will be back

I agree with u will be back next year...but the refs didn't cost you the game
For one I cant stand it when someone hides behind these nicknames on here so here it goes ,I'm Chris Pack and for most of you on here you know me I have been around basketball since i got old enough to dribble , and I don't know you and don't care who you are but when you say these boys weren't cheated your dead wrong !! O.K. yes they had 20 turnovers but I would bet 9 of those were caused by a page county player taking off there arm to get to the ball , and don't get me started on how Dustin got hammered 9 out of 10 times to the basket and nothing was called. Now for the officiating.

I't wasn't all 3 refs that were terrible it was one ref that stole the show for page county, you see I was there I drove back home last night and as a huge hurley fan and a friend of these boys I will stand up and argue with anyone that says these boys weren't dealt a bad hand in this game .and if you were there and by some of you early post it looks as though you were you would have to be a complete idiot sorry to use the word but thats the only word that would sum it up, so since you are giving a opinion of the game and if you were there give us your out take on it I would love for yo to tell these young men why a ref could allow the other team to call a time out when you had the ball dribbling down the floor???? and they ask coach cooper to make his asst. coach sit down, lol well I didn't even mind that but the rule also states that after a head coach picks up a (T) he cannot stand anymore for the rest of the game while the ball is in play but page county's coach on more than one time would stand and call out to his players, not to mention several elbows on rebounds ! there was one elbow that took place right in front of the official that almost took of the head of Austin cooper and the ref went by mark with a smile and said he wasn't touched. now I don't know if you have ever played basketball but as a coach and a player I can tell you that this kind of officiating takes away from the way some teams play there game when we got as physical as they were well we got called on it , Hurley was a 15 point better team than page on any giving night . Now I'm not taking a thing away from page they had a couple of shooters and yes they did hustle there butts of, but so did Twin valley every time they played us and they didnt make it passed us? I would make a bet that Twinvalley could beat page lol unless they had there home town refs calling for them .The bottom line is this we missed a real chance at state championship because of a official that couldn't stand the fact that a small time school like hurley could actually play with some of there big dogs up around there . So please give us a explanation to why you think hurley wasnt cheated out of this one because I'M sick and tired of people saying well they missed a few on both sides and understand I'm a realist and I have probably seen and played more basketball than most on here will ever ,and after seeing what the officials did in the NCAA after chocking the ST.John's game I think these officials should man up and do the same and take there self out of reffing but not for just a few games but for ever .

So congrats to page county you got a win but if we took a vote on here i bet everyone says the same about the officials but I do wish page county luck today but if you have the same refs you wont need any luck.

Now to my HURLEY basketball team you guys have brought back so much excitement to our little town and yes I cried for you guys I have watched all f you from k-1 up till now and you all have nothing to hang your heads about you will be there next year but I bet with a stronger desire! and to Carey Brown and Todd Hurley you guys will be deeply missed thanks for all the memories, tears and laughs wish you guys the best. So I'm gone till next year hope to see the stands full again and as you all know around Hurley if there is a basketball bouncing in the gym I will be there to watch and support.

Edited by sportsguy

every time someone says anything about the refs, they are crying or whining about it...that's all people say...but sometimes it's true, people just don't want to hear it...like i said before, I have known Lloyd for a long time...and Lloyd has been coaching or reporting high school basketball for a very long time...and when I hear him get that upset while calling a game on the radio....I know it's true...I trust Lloyds opinion and the man knows the game inside and out better than most on here will ever know...and that is a fact. I didn't see it myself so I can't say much about it...but, if that is the case, then it is sad when the refs impact the outcome of a game...the funny thing is that we have all seen it happen to our team, whoever you support, in various sports at one time or another...if you have not then you don't watch many games...because it does happen.

Best of luck to these kids next year, and I hope if they can make it back to state they get a fair shot at it.

every time someone says anything about the refs, they are crying or whining about it...that's all people say...but sometimes it's true, people just don't want to hear it...like i said before, I have known Lloyd for a long time...and Lloyd has been coaching or reporting high school basketball for a very long time...and when I hear him get that upset while calling a game on the radio....I know it's true...I trust Lloyds opinion and the man knows the game inside and out better than most on here will ever know...and that is a fact. I didn't see it myself so I can't say much about it...but, if that is the case, then it is sad when the refs impact the outcome of a game...the funny thing is that we have all seen it happen to our team, whoever you support, in various sports at one time or another...if you have not then you don't watch many games...because it does happen.

Best of luck to these kids next year, and I hope if they can make it back to state they get a fair shot at it.

thanks Lance for the support not just you but everyone around this county we have had such a great following from people that aren't even from Hurley imagine what its gonna be like when Hurley and Grundy combines ! wow we may take over richmond year after year. lol but again thanks.

thanks Lance for the support not just you but everyone around this county we have had such a great following from people that aren't even from Hurley imagine what its gonna be like when Hurley and Grundy combines ! wow we may take over richmond year after year. lol but again thanks.

I was one of those who couldn't understand why people would blame the refs so often when I first joined this board, and I was adamant about it. But when you experience it year after year in more than one sport come playoff time or tournament time and you see the obvious bias, it soon becomes apparent that many times it is true.

Congrats to Hurley on a great basketball season. Next year should also be an awesome year, maybe even better than this year.

Edited by blueinbama