Northwood Head Coach

Warriors_XO

Middle school team was impressive this year. If they stick together, with a good coach they could be contenders.

Middle School always does great and Frye is a good coach. Just not sure if he can coach at the V level. Some coaches can move up and do good while others can only coach at that lower level. And that's been the problem getting those kids to stick together at the V level. Billy tried to get them in the weight room 3 days a week but those kids in Saltville are lazy. Only 5 kids would show up to lift while the other 15 or so ball players were out running around. Those kids need someone who is going to be hard with them and make them commit to the ball program.

Edited by 2dalejrfanz

If he has seen success at the JV level and no one is interested give the man a chance w/ the varsity. Just curious, what type of offense did the JV team run?

But your right, some coaches can call plays but cant prepare and I think that is why alot struggle on a higher level

If he has seen success at the JV level and no one is interested give the man a chance w/ the varsity. Just curious, what type of offense did the JV team run?

But your right, some coaches can call plays but cant prepare and I think that is why alot struggle on a higher level

He runs the I.

Coach Wyatt ran the I and Power I this year. What does that have to do with anything? The parents (aka fans) shouldn't care what they are running as long as they are successful. Most people don't know the difference between an I, offset I, Maryland I, or power I. I have seen many an 8th grade team look like world champs and turn out to be chumps when they are older. There are many reasons for that but you can't always blame the coach.

As far as A. Jackson, does he even teach?

Should make the fans at NW happy
Edited by falconfan1

Coach Wyatt ran the I and Power I this year. What does that have to do with anything? The parents (aka fans) shouldn't care what they are running as long as they are successful. Most people don't know the difference between an I, offset I, Maryland I, or power I. I have seen many an 8th grade team look like world champs and turn out to be chumps when they are older. There are many reasons for that but you can't always blame the coach.

I have no idea, thats just the talk here. How come you guys from Abingdon have to conduct research on the internet to sound coherant when it come to football the offset I, Maryland I? LOL You guys don't have a clue about football do you? LOL Keep researching guys maybe it will register eventually.

You just worry about your 2-3 zone or man to man defense.

I have no idea, thats just the talk here. How come you guys from Abingdon have to conduct research on the internet to sound coherant when it come to football the offset I, Maryland I? LOL You guys don't have a clue about football do you? LOL Keep researching guys maybe it will register eventually.

I put 2/3 kids out dat game. they sux

Nobody has to block you when all they need to do is out think you. Are you the one from Holston that gets in a stance like a frog. You may have played well in the HOGO but that isn't SWD football. IDIOT. Do you need a definition for that word?

u guys cldnt blck me ether

Yeah you made a ton of plays against GW didn't you? You didn't even make enough plays to beat St. Paul either. Why don't you go and hang out with "crydaddy"? Maybe you all can cuddle with each other or maybe he can teach you how to spell.

who cares bout a stance? its wat u do, not ur stance puss!

who cares bout a stance? its wat u do, not ur stance puss!

Technique is very important, especially if you are a lineman. Strength, speed, agility, stamina, and of course heart and attitude are all pretty huge factors, but you can't do much if you have no technique and the other guy does.

• 4 weeks later...

Is that Mark Frye?

Yes it is. He's had all kinds of success at the MS level but that HS program is all out of control. It needs someone who is going to make those kids listen and attend weight training and practice. And all the politics need to be taken out of that program as well if it is going to improve. Like I said, whoever gets it has their work cut out for them.

Yes it is. He's had all kinds of success at the MS level but that HS program is all out of control. It needs someone who is going to make those kids listen and attend weight training and practice. And all the politics need to be taken out of that program as well if it is going to improve. Like I said, whoever gets it has their work cut out for them.

You saying you don't think Mark is the right guy?

Our MS team under him was a force. Everyone wanted to come out and play for him.