Graham's 2011 Schedule

Guest Highlanders

• 2 weeks later...

Bluefield, Princeton, Richlands, Tazewell, Marion, Bland Co., Narrows, Fort Chiswell, Galax, Grayson Co. are the opponents...or so I was told before all the stuff went down at GHS. As for dates, 8/26 is the only one I know for sure...Bluefield...

from highschoolsports.net, by using the other teams listed in the thread

May be off on dates if Saturday game.

08/26 (A) Bluefield

09/02 (H) Tazewell

09/09 ( ) Richland

09/16

09/23 (H) Marion

09/30 (H) Princeton

10/07 ( ) Grayson County

10/14 (H) Galax

10/21 ( ) Bland ?? could be 09/16

10/28 ( ) Fort Chiswell

11/04 (A) Narrows

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I think considering the drop to A, that is a pretty decent schedule.... What is Princeton AA or AAA? I was think they were AAA but if not oh well, if so JUST saying... If Graham were to beat Princeton (assuming they are AAA) that would be a big win for us and a "big" loss to Princeton. But overall That is a pretty good schedule. Glad to see we definitely get to keep the big 3 rival games going. Kind of surprised to see Marion in the mix but hey why not. There have been some great games against them. Now to see who we have as a Coach and I will be ready for a NEW Graham Season.

Regarding the out of district opponents....it's good to keep Bluefield, Richlands and Tazewell, the rivalry games. I'd like to see the Princeton and Marion games dropped and replaced with somebody like Giles or Radford (Although these would be single A opponents, they would be tougher competition year in and year out....).

Even though, Princeton and Marion have gotten the better of Graham lately....if Graham wants to be competitive come playoff time (assuming they make it)....they'll need a good out of district schedule, because their district is pretty weak, usually.

I think this is what Gate City has done...and they've been pretty succesful. Gate City fans can tell you just how tough Division 2 playoffs are!!

It will be good to see Graham get back to being competitive again, does anyone know are they gonna keep trying to run that spreadish looking offense, I remember they tried running it against Richlands and it didn't prove very successful, Im sure a lot will be depending on the coach, but its hard for me to invision Graham running spread and not the usual I- form and maybe even some of that old maryland I set.

• 2 weeks later...

My prediction on Graham's 2011 record: 7-3

Although I hope I am wrong, Bluefield and Richlands will defeat Graham easily. There will be one more slip up lose as well ... perhaps Princeton. However, Graham should roll through their initial Mountain Empire District schedule as champs. I certainly look forward to returning to Bluefield to see the G-Men play. This is something I stopped doing years ago due to the past coaching staff.

Mitchell Stadium will certainly be an exciting arena for some of the smaller schools to play in. Actually, Mitchell holds several thousand more fans than Salem Stadium which is the site for the D1 and D2 state championship games. I hope the friendly confines of the stadium will once again prove to be an asset for Graham. Again, I will repeat that it is great to see new excitement from the Graham fans. However, we must all be patient regarding the new start for a new coach at GHS. Go G-Men!

My prediction on Graham's 2011 record: 7-3

Although I hope I am wrong, Bluefield and Richlands will defeat Graham easily. There will be one more slip up lose as well ... perhaps Princeton. However, Graham should roll through their initial Mountain Empire District schedule as champs. I certainly look forward to returning to Bluefield to see the G-Men play. This is something I stopped doing years ago due to the past coaching staff.

Mitchell Stadium will certainly be an exciting arena for some of the smaller schools to play in. Actually, Mitchell holds several thousand more fans than Salem Stadium which is the site for the D1 and D2 state championship games. I hope the friendly confines of the stadium will once again prove to be an asset for Graham. Again, I will repeat that it is great to see new excitement from the Graham fans. However, we must all be patient regarding the new start for a new coach at GHS. Go G-Men!

I hope you're right.....I'm one of the biggest Graham fans there is...and the team has seriously hit the skids the past few years...from glory to....well let's face it....giving up 40+ points per game....that's about as bad as it gets....

Whoever takes over has some serious work to do, but I think if we get that excitement about the team back, it'll just be a matter of time. I don't think the community of Bluefield, VA will let the tradition of Graham G-Men football die. I predict it'll be back and as good as ever....but it may be later than sooner....

They have PLENTY of young talent on that team....they may very well do as well as you say, maybe surprise us all and do a little better.

Edited by futbolking