Smith out at Tazewell?

Lance

You guys can pump rainbows into his ass all you want. There is no way that you can say that he did good at Pocahontas. In 19 years, he won one district championship. The year Tazewell won the region was Wyatt's first year. That was not his team that was Harris Hart's team. Secondly, the year that Tazewell lost 28-27 to Richlands, that team was carried by a great group of assistant coaches and a great group of seniors, especially Matt Muncy and T.J. Rasnick. Also, in that game, we had much better talent than Richlands, but still could not get the job done. That sounds like a coach's problem.

Here is the bottom line. You are an idiot.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys can pump rainbows into his ass all you want. There is no way that you can say that he did good at Pocahontas. In 19 years, he won one district championship. The year Tazewell won the region was Wyatt's first year. That was not his team that was Harris Hart's team. Secondly, the year that Tazewell lost 28-27 to Richlands, that team was carried by a great group of assistant coaches and a great group of seniors, especially Matt Muncy and T.J. Rasnick. Also, in that game, we had much better talent than Richlands, but still could not get the job done. That sounds like a coach's problem.

also he at times only had less than 20 kids at poca but was competitive anyways. your just mad because no good coach in his right mind would want to coach at tazewell with the conditions that exist there now.also if the team was carried by a good group of assistants then it sounds like to many indians wanting to control the team and not listening to the head coach. but yet you blame the coach for the loss to rhs but say the assistants carried the team. cannot have your cake and eat it also.as for harris harts team was he the head coach the year they won region. no wyatt was. the kids were there the year before but still they played wyatts system.not harts.

Maybe some of the kids from Pocy that can choose where they attend school will go to Graham now that Graham has a new coach. I think most of their players went to tazewell because of Wyatt....or because they didn't want to play for Marrs. Also, a couple of these kids that transferred from Graham to Tazewell last year, will hopefully come back now that Jones and Marrs have left.....(I know of one in particular, won't mention any names who could make an immediate impact on offense and defense)...Coach Williams seems to be a young, energetic, enthusiastic man and a good role model....the kind of coach you would want your kid to play for.

Edited by futbolking

T-Town Ty you are spot on, could not have summed it up better than that.That season was Greg Mance's best coaching job.In my opinion.Richlands was sophmore heavy that year.Tazewell had some great talent and lost to the blues twice .Go Big Blue!!!

sounds more like the great group of assistants that were carrying the team but could not finish it. which is it wyatts fault or that great group of assistants that lost the game. you cannot say they carried the team then in the end say wyatt lost the game. does not flush.float maybe but not flush.

so why not take marrs he would be a good fit in that sense.

They Would Get Rid Of Him Too He Wins To Much For The Dogs. I Know Its Not A Real Popular Thing Im Gonna Say How Many SWD games have The Blues Lost In The Past 5 Years Can Anyone Answer That For Me?

They Would Get Rid Of Him Too He Wins To Much For The Dogs. I Know Its Not A Real Popular Thing Im Gonna Say How Many SWD games have The Blues Lost In The Past 5 Years Can Anyone Answer That For Me?

very few if any

Ugh. Let's go over this again, for the reality-impaired.

1. His 1 district championship came at one of the smallest public high schools in the state of Virginia. He didn't have the benefit of a JV team to build up his players. He did this at a school with ZERO football history, something like 1 winning season in 40 years before that. That's effing impressive, I don't care who you are.

2. Wyatt was steering the ship in 2004. Sorry, that's fact.

3. Oh, so Wyatt had nothing to do with the 2008 season? He surely didn't assemble that great staff. He surely didn't lead and direct the team in any way. You're right, a team/staff that was entirely his reflects nothing on the leadership.

4. You had nowhere near the talent Richlands did. You honestly haven't in many moons.

5. Sorry Bobby Wyatt benched you, or started your enemy over you, or did whatever he did.

Ugh. Let's go over this again, for the reality-impaired.

1. His 1 district championship came at one of the smallest public high schools in the state of Virginia. He didn't have the benefit of a JV team to build up his players. He did this at a school with ZERO football history, something like 1 winning season in 40 years before that. That's effing impressive, I don't care who you are.

2. Wyatt was steering the ship in 2004. Sorry, that's fact.

3. Oh, so Wyatt had nothing to do with the 2008 season? He surely didn't assemble that great staff. He surely didn't lead and direct the team in any way. You're right, a team/staff that was entirely his reflects nothing on the leadership.

4. You had nowhere near the talent Richlands did. You honestly haven't in many moons.

5. Sorry Bobby Wyatt benched you, or started your enemy over you, or did whatever he did.

i love how this guy blames wyatt for the loss but in the same breath says the great group of assistants is the reason taz. almost won the game. ridiculous the kids may have been left over from previous coach but he did not coach them that year wyatt did with his system not the previous coaches. sounds like this person has a grudge against wyatt or something.

and it really was a fluke that ghs won that game.

The Facts Are Marrs Was The One Coach In The Area That Has Got It Done. Is He A Great Head Coach No Way But Would Be be A Great Assistant Coach Without A Doubt In My Opinion.

The Facts Are Marrs Was The One Coach In The Area That Has Got It Done. Is He A Great Head Coach No Way But Would Be be A Great Assistant Coach Without A Doubt In My Opinion.

he was a good assistant under carlock for many years. but carlock ran the ship not everyone else like happens at tazewell.

What's truely sad about this whole situation is what the players are going through. With the number of juniors and seniors coming back this year, one would imagine that the players had higher hopes than they have had in the last few years. My heart goes out to the ones that have been in the program all these years and worked their tails off, and now it seems for nothing.

If there is any college hopefuls it will be hard on them to even get looked at, not to mention having to endure another season with a new coach and no doubt a new system.

This is one Blue's fan that will admire any player that comes out for Bulldog Football, and I hope they have a decent season. Hang in there Dawgs, it won't always be this hard! I won't be pulling for you against the Blues, but I will pull for you against all the other teams you face this year.

I'm thinking "The Drive" was the last time Grundy beat Richlands.

probably right...i know we had them beat a few years back and they recovered an on side kick and the wheels came off...close as i can remember in modern times lol....might have been 2002 or so...other than that, don't even think it's been close since Crigger worked his magic.

I'm thinking "The Drive" was the last time Grundy beat Richlands.

The next year after "the drive", the last year of Vaught, 1997 Grundy won by fifty points. The next year after that, at Richlands, The last time Grundy won at Richlands 1998 Luke Owens senior year.

The next year after "the drive", the last year of Vaught, 1997 Grundy won by fifty points. The next year after that, at Richlands, The last time Grundy won at Richlands 1998 Luke Owens senior year.

I'm getting old...i was thinking Luke was in the early 90's...I should know these things lol.

I know its only word of mouth, but I am hearing that there is a possibility that A.D. Tom Keene will be coaching the Bulldogs this year, and will wait til after the season to hire a new head coach. Don't know if this has any truth or just a rumor, but that is what some Tazewell fans are saying.